orenindi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question adding weight to my bench press

Hi' everybody I'm 21 years old, 188 meter tall and weight 84 kg.
    I work in the gym 4 times a week.
    I'v been working out for allmost two years - and I'm very happy with the results - BUT....... I have been stucked on the same weight in the bench press for allmost 5-6 monthes!

I'm doing 5 sets of 8 reps in bench press - i rest 90 sec between each rep. each set i lift 80 kg. usually in the last sets i can't complete 8 reps. I do the bench press two times a week.

I will be very glad if you'll have some tips for me how to add weight to the bench press.

Thanks......

Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: adding weight to my bench press

5 sets of 8 is a lot more than I would do. If you can do 4 sets of 8, it's time to increase the weight. If you still want to do that routine, aim for 5 sets of 8 but when you can do 4 full sets, increase the weight again.

supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    nutrition, rest. if everything is in check you can do some plateau busters such as negative training, or just try to add an extra 5 pounds and see if you can do it at the same rep amount as the weight youre stuck on. Try dumb bell pressing too

oh and if you are doing 5 sets of 8 reps but cant get the 8th rep on the last set, don't worry thats just fatigue. I personally increase the weight if i can do an X number of reps on the FIRST set successfully.
    STFU YOU JIB

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz

Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First you need more rest between set to build strength.
    I would do 2 sets bench 4-6 reps, 1 set incline db press, 1 or 2 sets of weighted dips, 6-8 reps. try to add weight to you bench every week.

orenindi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

thank you for your advices

thank you all for your advices on how to add weight to my flat bench press.
    today I started doing only 4 sets of 8 reps and in the next workout I'll try the negative training.
    I'll let you kow if it helped
    thankes!!!