Crawfojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about going to madcow 5x5 from rippetoes starting strength

I have been doing the rippetoe program for awhile and wanted to switch and start doing madcow's 5x5... but wondered instead of doing

Squat, bench, and row on monday and friday
    and squat military and deadlifts only wednesday

if i could alternate days like done on rippetoes program (week 1: workout A,B,A... week 2: workout B,A,B) to prevent losing the progress i have made on my military press

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you could do something like that and get away with it, you probably aren't at a point where you necessarily need a program like the single factor 5x5. The reason the 5x5 is set up so that you are setting PRs weekly is because it assumes you are no longer able to set them from workout to workout, or every few days as you would on Rippetoe's Starting Strength program. If you're still able to make progress this way, you might want to read the Starting Strength sticky at the top for some ideas of how you might change things around to do what you are suggesting, but also to keep in spirit with the principles of the SS program.

nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mjw8204 View Post
    If you could do something like that and get away with it, you probably aren't at a point where you necessarily need a program like the single factor 5x5. The reason the 5x5 is set up so that you are setting PRs weekly is because it assumes you are no longer able to set them from workout to workout, or every few days as you would on Rippetoe's Starting Strength program. If you're still able to make progress this way, you might want to read the Starting Strength sticky at the top for some ideas of how you might change things around to do what you are suggesting, but also to keep in spirit with the principles of the SS program.
    agreed.
    Secretary of Defense/Neeging, SRCSG (Squat Rack Curlers Support Group)

"I feel like to get squats patent." - redbullzeye