Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    avn33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The Bodybuilding Etiquitte Thread

What not to do and how to behave in the gym.

Ill start it off.

Do not lean on pieces of equipment to talk to your friends. If you must talk to them, then please keep free and clear of all equipment. Others may want to use them but feel afraid or shy to ask you to move.

Staring at yourself in the mirror while lifting up your shirt to reveal your "abs" or lifting your sleeve to show your arms is not appropriate. Please refrain from doing it.

Hummer1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do NOT start talking to someone when he's doing his sets, last night some newbie started talking to me when I was doing my squats asking me, "Eeh what muscles do you train with that exercise?", really annoying.

Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Either place a towel on the equipment you are using or wipe it when you are done.

Do not point and giggle at someone doing an exercise you haven't seen before, they may be doing it for a specific reason.

Do not leave a pile of plates around the bench/rack after you are finished.

Do not whistle/swoon/call out to attractive girls trying to get their workout done.

Do not use the squat racks for bicep curls if gym is busy (if you can curl it, you can deadlift it off the damn floor )

Do not bring fanclub/posse/space-occupying-friends into gym if they don't intend to lift.

Do not grunt/yell/scream excessively loud, except when doing something that warrants it.
    Capitalisation is important. See the sentence "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse."

phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Bracken
    Either place a towel on the equipment you are using or wipe it when you are done.

Do not point and giggle at someone doing an exercise you haven't seen before, they may be doing it for a specific reason.

Do not leave a pile of plates around the bench/rack after you are finished.

Do not whistle/swoon/call out to attractive girls trying to get their workout done.

Do not use the squat racks for bicep curls if gym is busy (if you can curl it, you can deadlift it off the damn floor )

Do not bring fanclub/posse/space-occupying-friends into gym if they don't intend to lift.

Do not grunt/yell/scream excessively loud, except when doing something that warrants it.
    agree with most of them except the last... when i get to the last 3 reps for most of my excercises, i ****in moan/grunt/sometimes scream like a whore getting ****ed up the ass...

rmatic1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do not fart (im serious, all hardcore protein dieters know how deadly this can be)

do not even consider being on ur phone for more then 3 seconds, in which you are saying "ill call u later"

no snezzing on hands, if u must sneeze just aim into ur shirt and do it.

Thats all i can think of for now lol

Vengence has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this is is a body building thread but, I really hate it when people go for a light walk on the treadmill. Brisk is ok but whats the point of it if you don't break a sweat.

Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Put the f'ing weights back on the rack after you've finished. If I want to deadlift, I don't want to have to unload 300lbs from the bar just so I can get it on the floor!
    Injured O-lifter!

joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do not stand in front of the weight rack while working out or for any reason.

Do not leave your weight on the bar or any machine using plates.
    Lifting weights makes me happy.

tinychineseguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Part of etiquitte is how you present yourself. I, for one, have a problem for the way some people dress at my gym.

There is one guy who cut his shirt so that his right nipple shows, on purpose I might add. There is another guy with mold on his shirt. It's pretty sick.

And also there a few people who like to do cleans, and drop the weight from chin height FOR EVERY REP! This must stop.

And also a gym is not a good place for PDA. The benches and machines make for great new angles and excitement, but the lovey couples in the gym should go home for that.

This is a little different, but I feel that many girls I know complain of being stared at in a quote, uncomfortable manner. But those are the ones wearing short short short shorts. If you feel uncomfortable, I think the best idea would be to cover up a little (to my dismay).
    Hard work always pays off.

decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    dont come and tell me how hot this girls ass is, like im
    ****ing blind. Plus I know you aint got the balls to approach her so shut up and lift, or dont bother me.

dont talk to me in the middle of a set. All other conversations should last for no longer then a minute. And when I'm listening to music I cant hear you talking cause my headphones are on MAX. So dont even bother me.

put your wieghts away. you will not overtrain by carrying your 25 lb dumbells back to the rack.

50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    arrghh... how bout dont walk in front of me and start doing a set, i am looking into the mirror for a reason....

Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    --someone said it, but i will reforce, dont raise up your shirt to see your abs in the mirror, all i see is pussies who cant lift, so they are cut, they keep admiring their abs...

--dont wear bodybuilding gloves if the heavier weight u gonna lift dont pass 200 pounds

--dont do bench press with 150% of your maximal and a friend spotting you who takes half of the weight himself, almost farting i must add
    MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THE IRON... CAUSE I SURE WONT!!!!!!

CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBraver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A lot of things have already been said, but there are a few more I want to touch on and reinforce.

First, I read an article on bodybuilding.com that clanking the weights is not only irritating (which I already knew) but also is not good for your workout (it takes pressure of the muscle being worked), so DON'T DO IT. I understand if it hits on accident, I do it all the time, especially when working on a swiss ball (ie. chest flyes on the swiss ball I often clank the weights on accident). But, every time in unexceptable, irritating and, once again, bad for your gains!

Also, this has been said before, but, don't talk to me. I'm wearing headphones for a reason. And, for the love of god, DON'T YOU DARE ASK ME WHAT I'M LISTENING YOU. That's right, I've had people walk up to me in the middle of a set and ask me what I'm listening to. I thought I was going to kill them.

Put the weights back on the rack where they are supposed to be. Don't 70s and 20s don't go together.

Turn your cell phone off or on vibrate. The fancy rings tones are expecially irritating. It's sure to piss off the people who take their time in the gym serious and forgot or wear headphones.

@lphamale will become famous soon enough. (+50) @lphamale will become famous soon enough. (+50) @lphamale will become famous soon enough. (+50) @lphamale will become famous soon enough. (+50) @lphamale will become famous soon enough. (+50) @lphamale will become famous soon enough. (+50) @lphamale will become famous soon enough. (+50) @lphamale will become famous soon enough. (+50) @lphamale will become famous soon enough. (+50) @lphamale will become famous soon enough. (+50) @lphamale will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by tinychineseguy

And also a gym is not a good place for PDA. The benches and machines make for great new angles and excitement, but the lovey couples in the gym should go home for that.

NO ****
    lift like theres no tomorrow

supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I can't ****ing stand it when people do this
    STFU YOU JIB

Mw6wW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mw6wW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mw6wW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mw6wW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mw6wW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mw6wW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mw6wW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mw6wW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mw6wW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mw6wW will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mw6wW will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Biriba

--dont wear bodybuilding gloves if the heavier weight u gonna lift dont pass 200 pounds
    Don't know about that one, I wear gloves on most lifts, bieng 60lbs or 200lbs I'll wear them.

Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Pochtecatl
    Don't know about that one, I wear gloves on most lifts, bieng 60lbs or 200lbs I'll wear them.
    Yeah gloves is a preference. Some guys get cuts on thier hands (me) when we do it barehanded. Still, I dont wear gloves. My friends do though.
    Theres nothing to see here - move along.

AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Geez people! Don't be so anal about some of the little things. I like viewing my abs or arms after a particular grueling set to gain aditional satisfaction

My only real complaint is those who are ignorant but try to correct you on your form, set #, reps, diet, etc.
    "The only way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

My Stats:
    Height 6'1
    Weight 171lbs
    Kuwait

ARMY Strong!

MASSIVEVEGAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol to all of these I just want to reiterate dont bring the cell phones to the gym. some dude left his cell phone on the dumbell rack, when I racked my weights after my set I smashed his phone into pieces and he's looking at me like it's my fu**ing fault?
    oh and the gym is not a place to sit on a bench and read a book, go to the library.

"Man you're gettin' big" modestmuscle's Avatar
    modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Here's one for you:

Worry about yourself.

~MODEST

Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face

Bah, dont be such a freakin spoilsport, ya surly bastard
    Capitalisation is important. See the sentence "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse."

SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by modestmuscle
    Here's one for you:

Worry about yourself.

~MODEST

yeah, but when they start interfering with your concentration and/or workout, it becomes your problem. Plus this is things all people should know, the gym isnt a place to socialize or read, u go there to get in shape. If u want to socialize to to the cafe in the front of the gym.

Guitarplayerds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guitarplayerds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guitarplayerds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guitarplayerds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guitarplayerds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guitarplayerds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guitarplayerds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guitarplayerds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guitarplayerds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guitarplayerds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guitarplayerds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    don't wear muscle shirts when your a scrawny bastard and you know it.

Don't try to impress the ladies, makes u look reaaaaal cool

and above all, don't give a **** what people think

avn33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If a towel or sweater or something is left on a bench, this means that someone is using it. Move on to the next one.

I hate this. One time i was using the calf raise machine, went to get a drink from the fountain, left my towel on the machine. Saw a guy come over and like look at the towel, picked it up and sort of looked around like whats this doing here? I came over, he looked at me and said were u using this were you? I was just like oh forget it. Ill move on. Man that really gets to me.

Whats worse was he was a trainer. Which brings me to my next point.

For all trainers out there:

Just because you work there, does not mean you own the place. It does not give you the right to push people of machines and stand right in front of people when they are working out. We all pay our fees to workout.

Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000)
    I didnt really care for anything until yesterday.....

I was doing traps/shoulders yesterday and im doing the dumbell presses and on my 2 last reps this guy comes and stands in fornt of me......I lost all cocnentration and balance, so i just skiped the last rep.....

weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Biriba

You gotta do what you gotta do to lift weights, if your hands are bleeding, that doesn't make you a man.

When I do wrist curls and shrugs, I like to wear gloves, otherwise the blisters tear open at the base of each finger.

midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by weltweitefurcht
    You gotta do what you gotta do to lift weights, if your hands are bleeding, that doesn't make you a man.

When I do wrist curls and shrugs, I like to wear gloves, otherwise the blisters tear open at the base of each finger.

exactly, dont tell me what to wear in the gym, GLOVES? give me a break thats got nothing to do with etiqeutte.

DO NOT sit at the bench for 30 minutes to do four sets and read the paper between sets, this isnt squatting get with it or get out.

Dont mug people

weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by midweststunna

Dont mug people
    LOL!!!

Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well about the gloves story... i have 2 things to say:

1. what i meant is, dont wear gloves if u wont lift for real, there are a lot of skinny pussies on my gym who wear them to appear bodybuilders

2. i still think i dont need gloves to lift, its not they are there for safety like knee wraps, they are there for people with sissy hands
    MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THE IRON... CAUSE I SURE WONT!!!!!!

"Man you're gettin' big" modestmuscle's Avatar
    modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bah, dont be such a freakin spoilsport, ya surly bastard

~MODEST