Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

STUDENTS: ********, Catabolism, and BCAA's

The topic of discussion here is pretty simple. When you take ******** (for studying purposes) obviously your body will probably go kinda catabolic... I know mine did, because last semester during finals and the week leading up to it, I took a total of about 200mg (over two weeks so not that big of a deal) and lost a LOT of weight (that was the first time I had a visible six-pack).
    But if I'm eating every two hours, and taking one bcaa pill (full dose is 6) between each meal, will that help stave off the muscle scavaging effects of having this raging, amphetamine fueled metabolism?

Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had a similar thing happen to me with my ritalin, mostly cause it killed my appetite. Up your calorie intake a little bit and you should be fine. Just keep calories in > calories out and you shouldnt lose any muscle.

ps: think i could get my doc to switch my script to adderol? i hear it works better
    Don't complain about the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do.

haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ******** will increase your metabolism, deprive you of sleep, and blunt appetite. None of those are great for muscle gain, but I would just guess that you weren't eating as well. I have a friend on ******** that has packed on a fair bit of mass, but I basically need to be his mom and tell him when to eat.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT
    Currently Pursuing A Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree

MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    all these drugs are all wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy over prescribed
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep

*Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.*

Iron Mulisha Athlete

zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Steak_n_Taters View Post
    I had a similar thing happen to me with my ritalin, mostly cause it killed my appetite. Up your calorie intake a little bit and you should be fine. Just keep calories in > calories out and you shouldnt lose any muscle.

ps: think i could get my doc to switch my script to adderol? i hear it works better
    ******** works DIFFERENTLY, not better. It is speed. plain and simple. its like 2 or 3 molecules away from meth. I got my prescription by telling my doc that I had used it to study, and it really calmed me down and made me feel very focused, and I thought a smaller dosage (told him I took a 30) would help me with my ADD. He gave me a "sample prescription" thats for 30 5mg pills, and told me to experiment to figure out which dosage was best for me... silly doctor. Told him the 20's were right and the next month told him they werent working as well (tolerance) so I got 30s. Those 30mg pills increased my fraternities average gpa by .4 that semester, haha.

Originally Posted by haiz69 View Post
    ******** will increase your metabolism, deprive you of sleep, and blunt appetite. None of those are great for muscle gain, but I would just guess that you weren't eating as well. I have a friend on ******** that has packed on a fair bit of mass, but I basically need to be his mom and tell him when to eat.
    yeah, but I'm taking it in the morning and skipping my cardio for the day (actually skipping my workout too, damn you calculus!) so the increased metabolism and sleep deprivation shouldnt be too bad. But damnit it is hard to choke this chicken ceasar salad down.

Originally Posted by MattyH7688 View Post
    all these drugs are all wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy over prescribed
    yes.
    ADD is a myth. It is not a "disease" and it doesnt need medication, it needs behavioral therapy. My best friend had REALLY bad ADHD and had tried ever med the docs could put him on (strattera, ********, ritalin, etc) and none worked worth a damn. Then he started to do buddhist meditation for half an hour every morning and half an our every afternoon. And wouldnt you know it, no more ADHD!

Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if u eat enough you will not lose weight, but you can not be afraid to gain fat if you are using prescription drugs for BS like studying... 80% of ADD is misdiagnosed, i know mine was and after i came off ******** in high school i gained a signifigant ammount of weight because it had messed with my metabolism so much....all this because i made a couple jokes in class so i got sent to the principals office. I must have attention deffecit disorder if im funny in school? maybe i just didnt give a **** and wanted to make light out of a boring situation. my personality is even completly different now, i am not as funny or quick as i used to be. But i've always done a lot of drinking/smoking before my lifestyle changes after i had to lose the 90+lbs i gained after getting off ******** sophmore year and theres no doubt that didnt help the process along. All in all ******** ****ed up my life a lot, and i think you should think twice about using it in any regards only if its only for a week or 2

GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000) GeneGnomeX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by zspturbo View Post
    yes.
    ADD is a myth. It is not a "disease" and it doesnt need medication, it needs behavioral therapy. My best friend had REALLY bad ADHD and had tried ever med the docs could put him on (strattera, ********, ritalin, etc) and none worked worth a damn. Then he started to do buddhist meditation for half an hour every morning and half an our every afternoon. And wouldnt you know it, no more ADHD!
    For most people it is a myth. But some actually have low physiological levels of dopamine. Why don't you do a little reading on what your abuse of ******** is likely doing to your brain and heart. Prescription drugs are not allowed to be discussed here. Learn effective study habits, drop ********, problem solved.

DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fitnecise View Post
    For most people it is a myth. But some actually have low physiological levels of dopamine. Why don't you do a little reading on what your abuse of ******** is likely doing to your brain and heart. Prescription drugs are not allowed to be discussed here. Learn effective study habits, drop ********, problem solved.
    very true.
    ******** and other prescription amphetamines should never be taken for "studying".

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The topic of discussion here is pretty simple. When you take ******** (for studying purposes) obviously your body will probably go kinda catabolic... I know mine did, because last semester during finals and the week leading up to it, I took a total of about 200mg (over two weeks so not that big of a deal) and lost a LOT of weight (that was the first time I had a visible six-pack).
    But if I'm eating every two hours, and taking one bcaa pill (full dose is 6) between each meal, will that help stave off the muscle scavaging effects of having this raging, amphetamine fueled metabolism?
    I take ********, and the only way to combat it's catabolic effects is with a HIGH protein, HIGH fat diet. Bcaa's won't be enough unless your takig 50-100gms a day. I've been on it for three years. Went from 192 to 227 on it. Keeps me relatively lean which is great. 350-450 gms protein a day. A high fat intake serves to keep your appetite going.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Dr.P View Post
    very true.
    ******** and other prescription amphetamines should never be taken for "studying".
    true, but they're sooooooo helpful
    Prime Signature Real Estate for Rent
    Advertise Here!

DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 391rippy View Post
    true, but they're sooooooo helpful
    of course, and heroin is soooo helpful for good sleep and relaxation....
    and some kokain and LSD are sooo helpful for creativity

391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    of course, and heroin is soooo helpful for good sleep and relaxation....
    i'll keep that in mind next time i have trouble sleeping
    Prime Signature Real Estate for Rent
    Advertise Here!

Texas Made, Texas Raised ianthegreat's Avatar
    ianthegreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianthegreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianthegreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianthegreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianthegreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianthegreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianthegreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianthegreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianthegreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianthegreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianthegreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "learn effective study habits".. a better statement would be to "effectively manage your time"..

college now > college then

Let the flaming and random bs begin.
    Last edited by ianthegreat; 04-04-2007 at 03:59 PM.

longhorn2920 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) longhorn2920 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) longhorn2920 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) longhorn2920 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) longhorn2920 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) longhorn2920 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) longhorn2920 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) longhorn2920 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) longhorn2920 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) longhorn2920 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) longhorn2920 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the old folks in here dont understand college kids today (just a bit of sarcasm)... truth is if you are in college and dont use ******** you are handicapped. It is kind of like the use of steroids in baseball... i hate that baseball has steroids and am a huge fan and hate bonds and all that. That being said, if i were an mlb player until the last couple of years, i would have been on every roid known to man to level the playing field. If you havent been in college in the past 5 years you wouldnt know this, but ******** is just as engrained in college as kegs of beer. Whether it is right or wrong or cheating or whatever you want to call it... such a huge percentage of kids take drugs to study these days (my parents used caffiene the same way). Don't hate on this generation just because we have better drugs that have replaced the ones you used. Nobody has ADD. Ive been diagnosed with ADD 10 times by different doctors throughout my life and i get by just fine without the use of drugs. ADD is just a label that was given to a group of personality traits. It is isnt some crazy disease that evolved in the last 10 years... we just have a drug that's been developed that really had no medical purpose so its been marketed by saying that it is for this new disease. You know what people called ADD in the 70's? being lazy/a bad student/not paying attention or whatever. Society is a little less geared towards personal responsibility today and we have been able to invent more and more excuses over the years

CharacterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharacterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharacterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharacterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharacterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharacterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharacterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharacterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharacterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharacterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharacterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by longhorn2920 View Post
    the old folks in here dont understand college kids today (just a bit of sarcasm)... truth is if you are in college and dont use ******** you are handicapped. It is kind of like the use of steroids in baseball... i hate that baseball has steroids and am a huge fan and hate bonds and all that. That being said, if i were an mlb player until the last couple of years, i would have been on every roid known to man to level the playing field. If you havent been in college in the past 5 years you wouldnt know this, but ******** is just as engrained in college as kegs of beer. Whether it is right or wrong or cheating or whatever you want to call it... such a huge percentage of kids take drugs to study these days (my parents used caffiene the same way). Don't hate on this generation just because we have better drugs that have replaced the ones you used. Nobody has ADD. Ive been diagnosed with ADD 10 times by different doctors throughout my life and i get by just fine without the use of drugs. ADD is just a label that was given to a group of personality traits. It is isnt some crazy disease that evolved in the last 10 years... we just have a drug that's been developed that really had no medical purpose so its been marketed by saying that it is for this new disease. You know what people called ADD in the 70's? being lazy/a bad student/not paying attention or whatever. Society is a little less geared towards personal responsibility today and we have been able to invent more and more excuses over the years
    You don't need ******** to compete in college, I am an engineering student and I can get a's while keeping normal sleep patterns. ******** makes me totally lose focus and my mind is hazy the next day for the exam. Maybe my response to the drug is unique, but I would rather get a full night's sleep and not study than feel like ass during the test.

I can see it being usefull to get a huge amount of work done in one night if you don't care about the quality however. If you really want to be competitive you would get started ahead of time and do a good job. I have pulled maybe 2 all nighters in my college career, both with help of adderol, and each involved more smoke breaks and shooting the sht than actual work.

Imo save the adderol for partying. And to the op, if you plan on using it to lose weight, you will become a speed head real quick.

haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I disagree. I get all A's and I have never used ********. I don't take easy classes either.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT
    Currently Pursuing A Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree

dingdingding, nailed it.

Characterzero, haiz, I understand if that has been your experience, but honestly, about 80% of the students I know use adderal and love it.
    It doesnt have to be an all-nighter, it can be an all-dayer. It doesn't diminish the quality of the work except in a few little caveats, like rambling on and on in a "stream of consciousness" type of writing style, but that can be caught and fixed. If you have a ****load of reading to do, it will certainly help your speed AND retention. If you have to do organizational stuff (i.e. constructing a study guide out of an entire semesters worth of notes) there is absolutely NOTHING better. You dont HAVE TO use it to do well, but it makes it a lot easier, and a lot more enjoyable for most people. It also allows you to have more of a social life, because what would have previously taken 15 hours out of your week can now be done in one day over 8-10 hours.

Oh, and yes, LSD is INCREDIBLY helpful for creativity. I've seen the most uninteresting left-brained people turn into e.e. cummings right before my eyes. You know that song "The greatest song in the world" by Tenacious D? Thats about a song they played while tripping acid but then couldnt remember.

Exclamation

the old folks in here dont understand college kids today (just a bit of sarcasm)... truth is if you are in college and dont use ******** you are handicapped.
    no, the people who are using ******** are handicapped - by using ********!!!
    people think that a drug that enhances vigilance helps them to be more intelligent or to have better memory. but this is not true, with exception to people who suffer from REAL ADD.

Nord J Psychiatry. 2005;59(4):293-7.
    Do individuals with former amphetamine dependence have cognitive deficits?
    Rapeli P, Kivisaari R, Kahkonen S, Puuskari V, Autti T, Kalska H.
    Psychiatric Unit for Drug Dependence, Helsinki University Central Hospital, HUS, Finland. pekka.rapeli@hus.fi

The association between former amphetamine dependence and cognitive performance was studied in a sample of 12 individuals with former amphetamine dependence who had been abstinent for at least 1 year and in 12 age-, gender- and verbal IQ-matched controls. The groups were compared by cognitive tests on attention, memory, executive function and fluid intelligence. Individuals with former amphetamine dependence performed significantly poorer than controls in memory domain. Follow-up analysis of variance showed minor deficits in tests of delayed verbal memory. .The results remained essentially the same when participants with current DSM-IV axis I diagnosis were excluded from the analysis. It is concluded that individuals with former amphetamine dependence have normal cognitive function with the possible exception of verbal memory. Thus, if widespread cognitive deficits are found in individuals with former amphetamine dependence, etiologies other than amphetamine abuse as such should be carefully investigated.

PMID: 16195133 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

Neuropsychopharmacology. 2000 Aug;23(2):113-26.
    Profiles of cognitive dysfunction in chronic amphetamine and heroin abusers.

Ornstein TJ, Iddon JL, Baldacchino AM, Sahakian BJ, London M, Everitt BJ, Robbins TW.
    Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, UK.

Groups of subjects whose primary drug of abuse was amphetamine or heroin were compared, together with age- and IQ-matched control subjects. The study consisted of a neuropsychological test battery which included both conventional tests and also computerised tests of recognition memory, spatial working memory, planning, sequence generation, visual discrimination learning, and attentional set-shifting. Many of these tests have previously been shown to be sensitive to cortical damage (including selective lesions of the temporal or frontal lobes) and to cognitive deficits in dementia, basal ganglia disease, and neuropsychiatric disorder. Qualitative differences, as well as some commonalities, were found in the profile of cognitive impairment between the two groups. The chronic amphetamine abusers were significantly impaired in performance on the extra-dimensional shift task (a core component of the Wisconsin Card Sort Test) whereas in contrast, the heroin abusers were impaired in learning the normally easier intra-dimensional shift component. Both groups were impaired in some of tests of spatial working memory. However, the amphetamine group, unlike the heroin group, were not deficient in an index of strategic performance on this test. The heroin group failed to show significant improvement between two blocks of a sequence generation task after training and additionally exhibited more perseverative behavior on this task. The two groups were profoundly, but equivalently impaired on a test of pattern recognition memory sensitive to temporal lobe dysfunction. These results indicate that chronic drug use may lead to distinct patterns of cognitive impairment that may be associated with dysfunction of different components of cortico-striatal circuitry.

If you need better vigilance then take care of your circadian rhythm (regular sleep and waking time, regular meals, no alcohol etc etc etc) and improve your learning technique, cut down TV / PC time.
    you can also be a party animal and still stay awake by taking amphetamines, but but then say good bye to your medial tempral cortex!
    Last edited by Dr.P; 04-04-2007 at 11:22 PM.

Dr. P you are ridiculous.. There is a HUGE difference between use and abuse. What you're trying to do is the equivalent of telling kids in D.A.R.E. not to try mdma once by showing them statistics and studies on people who used it every weekend. Come on now. And for that matter, those studies say "amphetamines" and one of them talks about them next to heroin... so what "amphetamine" do you think they were talking about? Meth. But whatever, stick to your guns and Ill stick to mine.

Dr. P you are ridiculous.. There is a HUGE difference between use and abuse. What you're trying to do is the equivalent of telling kids in D.A.R.E. not to try mdma once by showing them statistics and studies on people who used it every weekend. Come on now. And for that matter, those studies say "amphetamines" and one of them talks about them next to heroin... so what "amphetamine" do you think they were talking about? Meth. But whatever, stick to your guns and Ill stick to mine.
    I did not inted to hurt your feelings nor do I condemn anybody taking any type of drug.
    but taking ******** or any other amphetamine for the purpose of increasing vigilance (which can help with learning -at the first glance) is abuse per definition. abuse of amphetamines is suspected to damage certain brain regions and to have negative consequences on some cognitive functions.

people who are taking amphetaimes / ******** for learning or studying supposedly do not take only one pill per month but more likely take it more often or even on a regular basis. such people should be aware that they do not do a favour to themselves and that they can damage their own brain.

I don't know why this is so ridiculous to you.

I did not inted to hurt your feelings nor do I condemn anybody taking any type of drug.
    but taking ******** or any other amphetamine for the purpose of increasing vigilance (which can help with learning -at the first glance) is abuse per definition. abuse of amphetamines is suspected to damage certain brain regions and to have negative consequences on some cognitive functions.

people who are taking amphetaimes / ******** for learning or studying supposedly do not take only one pill per month but more likely take it more often or even on a regular basis. such people should be aware that they do not do a favour to themselves and that they can damage their own brain.

I don't know why this is so ridiculous to you.
    hahaha, you didnt hurt my feelings, I just find your post outright outlandish. if you think more than once a month constitutes drug abuse... I don't even know what to say. I typed a bunch more but deleted it, it's not worth it to post, you wont listen and obviously you're too busy being TOLD to think for yourself.

SFriday425 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SFriday425 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SFriday425 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SFriday425 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SFriday425 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SFriday425 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SFriday425 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SFriday425 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SFriday425 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SFriday425 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SFriday425 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Send ******** for reps.
    Mod @ www.all the misc.com

Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117508491

Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I know many who use ********. Infact funny story that I had to share:

I called my friend this afternoon-
    Me-"Hey man you want to go workout tonight?"
    Him-"Nah I just popped abunch of ******** so I'm in 'study mode'."
    Me-"You can still workout on ********..."
    Him-"Yeah but I've been taking shots of vodka too."
    Me-"You're retarded."

ANYWAYS... I have been offered ******** because it is true a major portion of college students use it. However I have never indulged. I do not want to become reliant on some drug in order to learn. If you really want to do well in a class/learn something then you will focus and you will learn it. I have maintained a 4.0 GPA without the use of prescription drugs. So no, I am not "handicapped." In fact I would think I am quite the opposite.

I'm not knocking anyone, but I see Dr. P's point. I for one do not wish to go down that road. To each his own however, you aren't hurting me.
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Boxer757/
    1.Diet
    2.Exercise
    3.Sleep
    4.Staple-supplements
    5.Fancy-schmancy supplements

hahaha, you didnt hurt my feelings, I just find your post outright outlandish. if you think more than once a month constitutes drug abuse... I don't even know what to say. I typed a bunch more but deleted it, it's not worth it to post, you wont listen and obviously you're too busy being TOLD to think for yourself.
    here comes some more outlandish stuff:

Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2003 Mar;60(3):303-10. Links
    A twin study of the neuropsychological consequences of stimulant abuse.
    Toomey R, Lyons MJ, Eisen SA, Xian H, Chantarujikapong S, Seidman LJ, Faraone SV, Tsuang MT.
    Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts Mental Health Center, Harvard Medical School, 02129, USA. rosemary_toomey@hms.harvard.edu

BACKGROUND: Previous studies document neuropsychological deficits associated with stimulant abuse, but findings are inconsistent. METHODS: We identified 50 twin pairs in which only 1 member had heavy stimulant abuse (******* and/or amphetamines) ending at least 1 year before the evaluation. The co-twin control research design controls for familial vulnerability and makes it easier to identify neuropsychological deficits that are consequences of stimulant abuse. Subjects were administered an extensive neuropsychological test battery organized into the following 5 functions: attention, executive functioning, motor skills, intelligence, and memory. RESULTS: Multivariate tests showed that abusers performed significantly worse than nonabusers on functions of attention and motor skills. Within each of these functions, univariate tests showed that abusers performed significantly worse on certain tests of motor skills and attention. In contrast, abusers performed significantly better on one test of attention measuring visual vigilance. Within the abuser group, higher levels of stimulant use were largely uncorrelated with neuropsychological test scores, although a few significant correlations indicated better functioning with more stimulant use. CONCLUSIONS: With ideal controls, this study demonstrates that deficits in attention and motor skills persist after 1 year of abstinence from stimulant use and raises hypotheses regarding relative strengths on a vigilance task among abusers.

PMID: 12622664 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    : Drug Alcohol Depend. 1997 Dec 15;48(3):235-42. Links
    Attention and memory in illicit amphetamine users.
    McKetin R, Mattick RP.
    National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.

The purpose of this study was to assess cognitive functioning in a group of illicit amphetamine users. A neuropsychological test battery (Wechsler Memory Scale-Revised (WMS-R) and the digit symbol, block design and vocabulary subtests of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Revised (WAIS-R) and the National Adult Reading Test (NART)) was administered to 78 amphetamine users (mean age = 22.5 years; 46 males, 33 females). Severity of amphetamine dependence was found to be associated with poorer performance on both memory and attention/concentration indices of the WMS-R. The relative contribution of amphetamine dependence, concurrent drug use and other drug related factors to neuropsychological functioning are discussed.

PMID: 9449023 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    you know, I do not intend to "convert" you or anybody else. you can do wahtever you think is good for you. If you want to take amphetamines, voila, I don't have any harm nor benefit from that. My only intention is to inform you or other people that amphetamine abuse can potentially damage your brain. interestingly, functional imaging studies with fRMI (functional magnetic resonacne imaging) have revealed that amphetamines (methylphenidat) have a completely opposite action on frontal cortex activation in patients with ADD when compared to healthy subjects.
    So, everyone who does not suffer from ADD and is taking amphetamines should be informed what this stuff could make in his brain.
    Last edited by Dr.P; 04-05-2007 at 01:19 AM.

1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    and some kokain and LSD are sooo helpful for creativity
    I went to Humboldt state last year, and when a certain professor was asked "What do you think about black matter?"

He replies" Oh whoa, I can't think about that unless I'm lysergic journeying."

Notice that all the old good movies came out right when acid starting coming around?

Not that I advocate any of these...just,ya know...saying...maybe you would come up with some crazy cool compounds if you had a few hundred mics in ya.

You can send me the money in the mail once it works.
    **Voted Misc's Quickest Whip**
    I put clever quotes in my sig to make me appear more intellectual than I actually am

Originally Posted by 1987GN View Post
    I went to Humboldt state last year, and when a certain professor was asked "What do you think about black matter?"

He replies" Oh whoa, I can't think about that unless I'm lysergic journeying."

Notice that all the old good movies came out right when acid starting coming around?

Not that I advocate any of these...just,ya know...saying...maybe you would come up with some crazy cool compounds if you had a few hundred mics in ya.

You can send me the money in the mail once it works.

you are absolutely right, these substances can actually do something in the brain, but the question is: at what cost?

here comes some more outlandish stuff:
    yeah, it IS outlandish, did you NOT notice that part where they say "heavy stimulant abuse"? Nobody is advocating taking ******** multiple times per week and using it as the foundation of your education. The only time I take it is if I have a huge amount of reading to do, or during midterms/finals, and most people are pretty much the same that way.

And drinking on adderal is hilarious. One of the craziest kids I knew at my old school loved to do "dirty shots" but with adderal instead of salt... A dirty shot is an invention of my fraternities, where you take a bong (or joint or pipe or whatever) rip, snort a line of salt, take the shot, squeeze a lime in your eye, and THEN exhale the rip hahahaha. It was rare that anyone would actually do one, but they always ended in lots of people laughing and one person crying. If you could manage not to puke you were eternally a badass, and you would undoubtedly win the "party dork" and "sickass of the week" awards at the meeting.

Originally Posted by Boxer757 View Post

ANYWAYS... I have been offered ******** because it is true a major portion of college students use it. However I have never indulged. I do not want to become reliant on some drug in order to learn. If you really want to do well in a class/learn something then you will focus and you will learn it. I have maintained a 4.0 GPA without the use of prescription drugs. So no, I am not "handicapped." In fact I would think I am quite the opposite.
    If you can maintain a 4.0 without it and still be happy with your social life, than obviously that's the right choice to make... but you're 19 so I'm guessing you're a freshman... wait for the 300 and 400 level classes, if your school is anything like mine you will have to choose between moving into the library and losing 90% of your social life, or taking adderal and only losing 50%.

p.s. 1987GN, Grand Nationals are SICKAWESOME... do u have one?

Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxer757 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you can maintain a 4.0 without it and still be happy with your social life, than obviously that's the right choice to make... but you're 19 so I'm guessing you're a freshman... wait for the 300 and 400 level classes, if your school is anything like mine you will have to choose between moving into the library and losing 90% of your social life, or taking adderal and only losing 50%.

p.s. 1987GN, Grand Nationals are SICKAWESOME... do u have one?
    I have 53 hours, so I am 1 hour of credit away from being a junior. Started school young.

I understand adderal may make it easier, but the easy road is not always the best. And IMHO in this situation that is the case. But as I said, live and let live, you can use it all you want!

EDIT: Just want to say, I'm not trying to brag about the 4.0 or anything, just saying that it can be done without drugs. I don't realistically expect to keep a 4.0 throughout college but I'm trying!
    Last edited by Boxer757; 04-05-2007 at 12:12 PM.
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Boxer757/
    1.Diet
    2.Exercise
    3.Sleep
    4.Staple-supplements
    5.Fancy-schmancy supplements

1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1987GN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you are absolutely right, these substances can actually do something in the brain, but the question is: at what cost?
    I know I'm paying the cost of my actions. I never recommend anyone do any sort of psychedelic under the age of 18. I notice HPPD in myself. Sucks.

You learn from your mistakes, and hopefully never make them again.

Although giant swirling portals in the sky is always a cool thing to see.
    **Voted Misc's Quickest Whip**
    I put clever quotes in my sig to make me appear more intellectual than I actually am