Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What's the worst concert you've ever attended?

Around 1974 or so, I saw Black Sabbath (Ozzy). It was the absolute worst concert I've ever attended. All the musicians were trashed. They were making an attempt at jamming - phew! We left early, that's how bad it was.

I think the best one was a Steppenwolf concert, followed by a John Denver (I wasn't even a John Denver fan).

Godsmack was in Binghamton in November. I really wanted to go in a bad way. Didn't get to.

Anyone remember the Grassroots?

L
    To see a World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wildflower
    Hold Infinity in the Palm of Your
    Hand
    And Eternity in an Hour
    - Wm Blake

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I went to a Bob Dylan concert back in the early 90's, and he was so drunk and high that he was using the mike stand to hold himself up on occasion. He also slurred his words (to an even greater degree than he always did). Complete waste of money; we left after about half an hour.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Boy, I can't imagine what Bob Dylan would sound like if he slurred his words, Carol Channing?

L
    To see a World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wildflower
    Hold Infinity in the Palm of Your
    Hand
    And Eternity in an Hour
    - Wm Blake

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    He sounded like a very drunk guy, with a mouth full of popcorn, doing a Bob Dylan impersonation.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

GJK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Went to a Neil Young concert (which was excellent) with the opening act being Blind Melon which was horrible. It reminded me of a lounge act because everyone in the audience was just chatting and generally ignoring them after they played that one silly song (whatever it was, had the little girl in the bee outfit). At one point, the singer stopped his act and said "oh, I get it...you all just want to hear Neil Young" at which point the place erupted with a "hell yeah!!!".

Sad, no wonder he od'd on heroin.....
    "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I used to love going to concerts. Still do but it's expensive with a big family. Can't really remember a bad one. Just being there with a bunch of friends and the atmosphere would make anyone of them good actually.

The most recent I've seen is AC/DC. I also saw them back in the 70's. I remember seeing Aerosmith, Peter Frampton, Yes, Gary Wright, Rick Derringer, Cheap Trick, U.K., Starz, Beachboys, and many I'm forgetting. I saw Cher once. I'd have to pick that as the worst. Not into her music. Not that it was bad.

Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000)
    Worst, with out doubt,
    Cheap Trick!!! I went with a hot date, (Australian exchange student, man she was hot!!!) Concert sucked, date didn't click, nite was terrible.
    Second worst/second best, This is strange but this it true. I went to see Greg Almond, he sucked really bad!!He was so messed up you could not understand him. Then a guy I had never heard of came on, Stevie Ray Vaughn. I was ready to leave and to this day, I have never, never heard anyone play the guitar like he could! I got a tear in my eye the day I heard he had died, what a shame! Eric Clapton said it best, there were only two people that the first time he heard them,he had to pull his car over to the side of the road. One was Hendrix, the other was Stevie, good company.

Best ever???
    Page and Plant, WOW!
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000)
    First concert, I had to add this, Golden Ear Ring and Rush, the air was heavy that night
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

rosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Where sound is concerned, I don't think I've been to a bad concert yet. But when we went to Old Trafford Cricket Club, UK to watch Simply Red on their Stars tour that was really the worst one I've been to vision wise. It was so packed that you had to be a masochist to go down to the front basically. CRUSH city. lol---I had a panic attack and decided to get out of there. Further back you could breathe a little more but the band all looked like little coloured smarties on a drum. Considering the price of the tickets the least they could have done was provide a large monitor for folks to watch. Sucked.

The best concert I ever went to was Rush at Birmingham NEC in the UK. The lighting show was out of this world and the sound was absolutely faultless. We also saw Toto live in Manchester and they too had a good sound.

supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: What's the worst concert you've ever attended?

Originally posted by Lynne
    Around 1974 or so, I saw Black Sabbath (Ozzy). It was the absolute worst concert I've ever attended. All the musicians were trashed. They were making an attempt at jamming - phew! We left early, that's how bad it was.

L
    I saw them about 5 or 6 years later with Dio instead of Ozzy. they kicked ass. Never saw a bad one. the best without a doubt was Judas Priest, nothing like it.

giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) giantfan43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The worst concert I ever went to ? Its hard to remember .. many of them are such a daze .. I was a big concert goer in the 70's and 80's .. but the worst I ever went to was Queen .. I saw them in the early 80's .. I like their music but I hated the concert .. as for the best, its hard to pick just one ... Grateful Dead is always great .. saw Bruce Springsteen about 10 times which was always a great show .. also Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes .. they put on a great show .. one of the best I ever went to was in the early 80's in philly .. it was called the Roundup .. outdoor concert in the summer .. the bands were 38 special, molly hatchet, outlaws, Marshall Tucker and the Allman Brothers .. what a show and day that was !

Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000)
    The worst was "The Cars", they just sucked, they stood still for 2 hours..

Best..Buffet every year !!!!!!

Gator
    Damn greens are like kryptonite this year !!!!

hatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

INCUBUS

I've been to a bunch in the last 20 some odd years and most were very good but if I had to pick one that didn't measure up to the rest I would have to say Slaughter and KISS on City Island in Harrisburg. Slaughter, who opened, was great but for some reason KISS was not what I expected. They cranked up the volume for their set and it was just too much. I couldn't hear right for days after. (forgot my freakin ear plugs)

My favorite so far was Incubus summer '02 and a close second being DMB with North Mississippi Allstars opening this past summer in Hershey.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."

There are tons of ideas being discussed on bb.com. Thanks for the help!!

hours in a week... 168
    8 hrs sleep each night... 56
    hrs of work per week... 50
    hrs in the gym per week... 10
    hrs for everything else... 52

Getting back in the gym after a year off...

PRICELESS!

Hurricanes_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hurricanes_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hurricanes_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hurricanes_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hurricanes_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hurricanes_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hurricanes_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hurricanes_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hurricanes_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hurricanes_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hurricanes_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    By far the best concert I went to was Live Aid in Philly at the old JFK stadium.
    2nd best is a tie between all 3 Motley Crue shows that I've seen. Man thoes Tommy Lee drum solos were wild.
    Best small venue show was Robert Plant at the Tower Theater. Great place to see a show.

hatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Now that I think about it more I need to add BEN FOLDs at the Electric Factory in Phili. One of the best.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."

There are tons of ideas being discussed on bb.com. Thanks for the help!!

hours in a week... 168
    8 hrs sleep each night... 56
    hrs of work per week... 50
    hrs in the gym per week... 10
    hrs for everything else... 52

Getting back in the gym after a year off...

PRICELESS!

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Saw Tom Jones live for the first time in 1977 and he was great and have seen him yearly at least once (sometimes more) since 1993 (Ballys now MGM and sometimes in Houston) always great and always gets better.

tarman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

concerts

I really do not have a worse concert....if I had to choose it would be the Michael Stanely Band back in 1983 (yes, I am from Cleveland), but I really did not want to go anyway....I just went to drink!

best:
    U2 in Denver back in 1987

rwng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In 1987 I saw "Faster Pussycat" and "Motorhead" open for "Alice Cooper". I sat tortured thru the first 2 bands to see "Alice" and he wasn't much better. The first two just sounded like really loud static. Alice was all about his "show" and nothing about the music.
    The best concert was "Yes", same year. They didn't have an opening act and were outstanding. I didn't want to leave my seat for a beer or anything.
    I saw "Iggy Pop" and "Santana" open for the "Stones" 1982? Anyway, when the Stones started their second or third song, the whole crowd started yelling SANTANA-SANTANA. The show ended pretty soon after that.

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've seen lots and lots of concerts & when I'm trying to think back, I realize how old I'm getting.

I'm trying to remember here -- I think the best would be:

The Eagles -- just recently - they were fantastic!

Bruce Springsteen -- again, fantastic -- you can tell he likes what he does.

Brooks & Dunne -- If you like country music, they put on a great, high energy show!

The Worst :

Michael Bolton -- Oh my God! My ears hurt! It was so loud & he sucked! He kept dropping his blazer off his shoulders like he was trying to be sexy -- I've never seen a guy do that. LOL

Vince Gill/Patty Loveless -- Most boring concert I've ever been to -- me and my friend left early to go get a drink somewhere.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

webbum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Flock of Seagulls

I think 12 people showed up and that includes the band!
    Work hard, play harder!

Not to steal the thread, but now name your first and how much??

My first official concert was Golden Ear Ring and Rush. It was a great show but what a shock for a Iowa boy. They keep passing funny cigs around the size of cigars Rush had fire pots on the front of the stage and the crowd pressed forward too far when they went off. I remember hearing the front row had less hair at the end, LOL . If I remember right, tickets were 12 bucks.
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

CoreNobody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Worst:
    Guns and Roses was the absolute worst band I've ever seen.They were fried.Complete waste of time.Thank god they were just opening for Iron Maiden.
    Close second,Poisin.I spit on the lead singer.

Best:
    IRON MAIDEN
    Y&T
    S.R.V.
    Prowling over the mountains,wielding a sharpened screwdriver,cometh CoreNobody!And he giveth a mighty bellow"I'm going to smack you until you're a parapalegic!!!"

goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gin Blossoms....Oklahoma City about '94 or '95. Lead singer was so drunk/stoned/high he either couldn't remember the words to most of the songs, or when he did sing the words they were so slurred you couldn't understand them.
    I'll mess with Texas.

goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goatscrot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Best: Tie between The Eagles in Houston '03 (and) Garth Brooks in Amarillo '96
    I'll mess with Texas.

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd like to have seen Garth Brooks.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Worst Concert:

YES - sometime around 1980 when the guy from the Buggles was the lead singer. Short set, mostly new songs and no warmup act.

BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For what could have been the best,,,,,

I had the tickets in my hand for the Led Zeppelin "In Through the Out Door" Tour. Robert Plant's son died and they canceled the concert. Shortly after that John Bonham died and that was the end of that.
    Live to Ride, Ride to Live
    Molon Labe

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

The worst

I cant remember...Or wait! Was that the best one?...LOL!
    Psalm 121

BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by NuclearArms
    Worst Concert:

YES - sometime around 1980 when the guy from the Buggles was the lead singer. Short set, mostly new songs and no warmup act.
    I saw Yes 5 times in my life and I have to agree with you the 1980 tour sucked ass . The best is a toss up between the Reunion Tour with all eight members on stage trying to outdo each other and the 2002 tour was the best jam they have ever had as they are all approaching 60years of age.
    Live to Ride, Ride to Live
    Molon Labe

NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, I thought it was going to be a lot better, refreshed/recharged. Too bad it wasn't. Seen some of the reunion footage and that looked pretty good.