psulion01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pre-workout meal/shake (search is down)

Can someone please tell me what and when I should be consuming prior to my workouts if I'm cutting? I've learned that I should have whey and water immediately after a workout (no oats in the shake if i'm cutting, right?). What about before I hit the gym?

Thx

American As Apple Pie theHULK9281's Avatar
    theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: pre-workout meal/shake (search is down)

Originally posted by psulion01
    Can someone please tell me what and when I should be consuming prior to my workouts if I'm cutting?
    You want to have a protein/carb meal. Carbs should be a low GI source. Here's what I have:

40g protein (chicken/egg whites/tuna/etc...) and 40g carbs (oatmeal/brown rice/sweet pot./lentils/kidney beans/etc...).

All should be eaten about 45min-1 hour pre-workout. Although some people like to eat their meal 1.5 hours before. It's up to you.

no oats in the shake if i'm cutting, right?.
    Where did you get that from?

psulion01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: pre-workout meal/shake (search is down)

Originally posted by theHULK9281
    You want to have a protein/carb meal. Carbs should be a low GI source. Here's what I have:

40g protein (chicken/egg whites/tuna/etc...) and 40g carbs (oatmeal/brown rice/sweet pot./lentils/kidney beans/etc...).

All should be eaten about 45min-1 hour pre-workout. Although some people like to eat their meal 1.5 hours before. It's up to you.
    Ok so I can go with a whey/oats/water shake before and after my workout? Am I correct that the post workout shake should be followed by a normal meal about an hour later?

Where did you get that from?
    Saw it in a post on here...guess that's incorrect, eh?

Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: Re: pre-workout meal/shake (search is down)

Ok so I can go with a whey/oats/water shake before and after my workout? Am I correct that the post workout shake should be followed by a normal meal about an hour later?

Saw it in a post on here...guess that's incorrect, eh?
    Whole food protein is better pre-workout. Whey is good post-WO with dextrose or oats and then have another protein/carb meal an hour after the post-WO shake.

You probably saw the no oats being posted as part of a low-carb/keto diet.

NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The only reason you wouldnt want to have carbs before or after your workout would be if you were on a keto diet.

If you are simply on a cutting diet, your goal is to budget your total caloric intake to below what you are expending.

Carbs are very important around your workout, your muscles need to replenish their glycogen stores when you work out. Even if you are on a cutting diet, you should include carbs around your workout. Just make it fit into your total caloric intake.

The way I do it is oatmeal+whey before workout, dextrose+whey post workout, with another oatmeal+whey intake 1-2 hours after the workout.

hcorejuggernaut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    pre-WO i take in 50G of protein and 20G of carbs (im cutting down) if ur bulking i would take in about 80G of carbs pre-WO
    i always leave atleast 45min from eating to training if not 1hr. i dont want to be bloated and full when im in the gym.

post WO take in CARBS!! im cutting on a low carb diet and i still take in carbs then (only time i get ne carbs really) my shake is taken right after training and its another 50G of protein and 50G of carbs.

about 1.5hrs after training i'll have my nxt meal still with carbs in but only about 10-20g of it.
    www.hardcorebodybuildingontheweb.com

Don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive