Lord Ridley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can a ketogenic diet raise insulin sensitivity?

I read an article somewhere stating that a diet consisting of lower carbs/low GI carbs can actually increase someone's insulin sensitivity. I'm starting to believe it...

When I started keto I was in within about two days. During that time I consumed quite a few diet sodas, things containing citric acid, whey shakes to substitute a meal occasionally etc., and none ever budged me from the moderate zone. After 12.5 days I did a refeed... which ended Saturday afternoon (carbed up for about 16 hours, and I feel like I overdid it despite the short period of time). Since then I've scratched at trace twice, and the rest of the time I've been testing negative for ketones.

I haven't changed my diet at all post-carbup, but I'm having a very difficult time getting back in, and it's been 3.5 days now. Is it possible that 12.5 days in ketosis has increased my sensitivity to the point whereas diet sodas would kick me out? This would be extremely frustrating as I'm moderately addicted to diet soda and was very happy when I originally discovered they had no impact on my ketosis...

An increase in insulin sensitivity would be great for me in the future as I'm insulin-insensitive and therefore have a hard time maintaining energy on bulking diets, but not good for my quest to shed this bodyfat. Has anyone else experienced sudden difficulty trying to re-enter a ketosis post-carbup despite having an easy time prior to it?

Also, I have recently added glutamine, which I've also learned could be keeping me from getting a good reading, and this would completely suck as I payed too much for it to just stop taking it (although I've also recently learned it may be worthless, but I didn't have that info at the time of ordering it when I was reading GREAT things about it!). Damn it!

Another thing -- the american 0 carb cheese I bought at the store has citric acid in it! WTF? Why? I bought a lot of it, too!

This is becoming a very frustrating and annoying diet all the sudden. And I certainly don't see the point of a weekly carb-up if you're spending the next half of the week trying to get back into ketosis after the damage... that leaves you in what, 2.5-3 days in ketosis out of the week? I'm taking all the necessary steps to re-enter keto (cardio, very minimal carbs etc) and I'm failing. I hate this.

This is becoming an outright rant rather than a question... my apologies... UGH.

Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's why I still think a sub caloric, well ratioed, spread out diet is the best. Keto diets are unforgiving. But, it works will for some people.