wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

What are some good protein snacks?

Besides protein shakes/bars, what are some good snacks high in protein...something I can take to work. Ive been snacking on beef jerkey but its kinda high in sodium.

sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    * tuna
    * chicken breast
    * chicken breast quesadillas is low carb/high fiber tortillas

Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hard boiled eggs

Cashews

Cheese

Peanuts

Home made protein bars (whey, honey, PB, and oats)

Just off the top of my head.

wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Veritas
    Hard boiled eggs

Cashews

Cheese

Peanuts

Home made protein bars (whey, honey, PB, and oats)

Just off the top of my head.
    you gotta recipe for your home made protein bars? I'll give it a shot.

Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    From Wardog

So bulking season is coming, and soon will come the onslaught of whiny little "I can't seem to get all those calories" threads. Well, I made a batch of my homemade protein bars today and sat down and figured out the calories.

#1 Here is the recipe:

16 ounces Natural peanut butter
    8 tablespoons honey
    six scoops of Optimum Chocolate whey protein powder
    1 cup of uncooked oatmeal

Mix the pb and honey in a bowl, microwave on full for 80 secs. Add the rest and mix together. Can add raisins/nuts etc to taste. Smooth into 13x9 tray and leave for 20 mins. Cut into 10 to 12 equal bars and wrap and store in fridge.

This is a great tasting recipe that I modified from one I found on 'bolex

Now here is the breakdown on a batch of the goodies:

Protein: 254 grams
    Carbohydrates: 282 grams
    Fats: 236 grams

This batch gives you a whopping 4268 calories. Thats right, over 4000 Calories and 250+ grams of protein.
    When I make it, I almost double the ammount of oats.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would leave out the honey , no point in it and add extra oats if u want more carbs if not just add the oats , no need for the honey its a simple carb, add a couple more packets of splenda if u want it sweeter that is what I did . ALso I cut out some of the natty PB
    Sixpack
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

OldUser982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldUser982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldUser982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldUser982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldUser982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldUser982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldUser982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldUser982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldUser982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldUser982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldUser982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    turkey rollups
    ham rollups
    steak w masterpiece sauce
    chicken w masterpiece sauce
    chicken w fat free sour cream and salsa
    cottage cheese w splenda
    tuna w fork

Registered User Armor For Sleep's Avatar
    Armor For Sleep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is a recipe that will make Cottage cheese taste good!

The best thing to do, is to mix one scoop of Syntrax I****trix Reloaded Vanilla with a half cup of 1% cottage cheese. I used Light and Lively brand. Stir it around really well to make sure that all of the powder gets mixed in. The consistency is just like frosting and plus it tastes like it to... Do this and i gurantee you will not be dissapointed. One of my favorite things to eat now. It tastes so good I feel like I'm cheating when I do it.
    "If I were sand
    and you were oceans
    the moon would be
    why you're pulled to me."

-AfS

Scared of Cottage Cheese such a loser yo's Avatar
    such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    since we're talking about *snacks*, which can be a little less healthy than full meals, i would have to say protein bars are an ok alternative. although they're high in sugar, i had a detour bar for the first time today. not the greatest quality protein, not the greatest company, definitely not the best price, but they taste VERY good. brings me back to my obese days.

E-Sizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E-Sizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E-Sizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pistachio nuts are always a good choice. They taste great too.

Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Homemade Jerky
    Nuts
    Meat
    Eggs
    MRP's (shake or bar, homemade preferably)
    Cottage cheese
    The desire to attain "perfection" is a mental poison. Perfection is a fictitious concept, there is only improvement. Therein lies the challenge, therein lies the fun.

Obsession is the word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED

Commitment isn't the time you spend, It's the line you cross.

I live in the shadow, in the darkness, in a place few will ever see.....Where ugliness becomes beautiful.

philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well other than some of the obvious answers given here are some of my favorites.

Hard Boiled Eggs but just cool them off with cold tap water for about 4 minutes. Then peel and eat with some salt and pepper on it. They taste great warm like that. You can also cook them for a shorter period and the yolk will still be kind of soft or even still in a liquid state which is really good.

Deviled Eggs. If you don't know how to make them it is really easy. There are dozens of ways to make them but personally when I do them I use miracle whip(get a store brand version to save money) and mustard. The reason I use miracle whip on this one is that it has about 80% less fat than regular mayo with only 2 grams of carbs added which doesn't add up much when making a big batch of this.

Chicken Tenders. Get some Keto brand italian bread crumbs. The carbs in them is almost entirely fiber. Tastes really good and you can fry them up in a little olive oil or get some Dag Oil.

Chilli is always a good snack to have on hand. I like to make a huge pot of chilli every sunday and use it for meals and snack all week.

Egg Salad, Tuna Salad, Chicken Salad basically any kind of protein based salads are great to snack on and you can also use them as dips for veges.

Chicken Legs. I like to make up about 10pounds of chicken legs every sunday as well to have around for snacks. I take a 10lb bag of whole legs. Cut apart the thigh and drumstick, remove all the skin, trim off some fat and then make a few different kinds. I will usually do some baked in teriyaki, some baked in bbq and some with just salt and pepper with maybe some garlic powder and oregeno as well.

Breaded Chicken or Chicken Parm. Again use Keto bread crumbs for extra protein and fiber. Make sure to use a brand of tomato sauce that doesn't have alot of sugar.

Taco Meat. This is fun to use as a alternative to chilli. Just provides a different mexican flavor.

Keep alot of burger meat around. Nothing like making 2 quick lean burgers on the Foreman grill when you are hungry.

Meatballs you can make with Keto crumbs as well. Great to snack on especially if you flavor them up well. You can make all kinds of snacks with these. Eat them on their own or make a italian bake with them. For you low carbers out there take a bunch of low carb meatballs, some sausage or you can use leaner turkey sausage and some chicken fingers. Place them in a small baking pan, add some sauce and top it with alot of mozzarella cheese and you have a fun plate of food loaded with protein.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Protein bars are not quality protein, they are loaded with suger etc, stick with raw oats and whey put it into a shaker bottle and add water if u are hurting for time, avoid the protein-candy bar
    Sixpack
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Sixpack
    Protein bars are not quality protein, they are loaded with suger etc, stick with raw oats and whey put it into a shaker bottle and add water if u are hurting for time, avoid the protein-candy bar
    Sixpack
    I dont think we can say that of all protein bars,
    But I dont eat them anyway, its the cost also,

I try not to snack at all, all the meals should keep me satisfied,

I like jerkey too, as uber said home made is better, but I would only snack if I wasn't at home and couldn't have a real meal,
    Last edited by zall; 01-13-2004 at 02:38 AM.
    More Testicles Means More Iron - Lunch Lady Dorris