Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New Football Training Routine

Hey, thanks to you guys i realized that i needed to change my lifting and eating routine, bad...so i did, i took all your advice and want to see if this is more along the line of what everyone thinks will be best for me.

Lifting:

Monday:
    Snatch Squat: 3X10
    Bench: 5X5
    Squat: 5X5
    Incline DB Press: 5X5
    Skullcrusher/close grip superset: 3X10
    Lunges: 5X5
    Wall sits: 3 3 min sets

Tuesday:
    Hang Cleans: 5X5
    Deadlift: 5X5
    Military Press: 5X5
    Lat Pull: 5X5
    Shrugs: 5X5
    Hammer Curls: 5x5

Wednesday:
    Core work:
    Anything and everything...sit ups, russian twists, back extentions, crunches, medicine ball work, all that jazz
    Conditioning:
    Run stairs
    Sprints:
    4X200
    4X100
    4X60
    Pro agility: 5 or 10 times

*Repeat*

Sunday's off

Eating:
    Same as before, just more water and more calories, and one more shake a day

Supplimentation:
    NOX CG-3
    XTest
    XNGF (Natual Growth Factor)
    NitroTec Hardcore Protien Shakes
    Animal Pak
    Fish Oil Pills

So what do you guys think?

Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paladin13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Horrible. You pretty much do some form of heavy duty leg work every day except sunday. Wednesdays and Saturdays you do all that running and stairs work and the other days your doing snatch squats and regular squats.
    6'1'' about 230 pounds

March 2009 stats------------March 2010 stats
    Bench 185x4-----------------Bench 250x2
    Front Squat 165x5------------Front Squat 235x3
    Deadlift 365x1----------------Deadlift 465x1

Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do you know what snatch squats are???? they are a strech not a lift

huskerfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huskerfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huskerfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huskerfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huskerfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huskerfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huskerfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huskerfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huskerfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huskerfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huskerfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think he means overhead squats.

there's too much volume. search bb.com for a good off season program. or just comment my bodyspace and I'll send you a link. If you want to use 5x5 you hafto stick to about 3 exercises with it.

frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A few things...

1. Snatch Squats are a lift...but if you're using them as a stretch then that's fine. I like that idea.

2. 6 days straight is going to kill you, I don't care if you are taking Testosterone Boosters or whatnot. Especially with 5x5.

3. I suggest this....

2 Ideas...

Either do M-W-F

Monday:
    Bench: 5X5
    Squat: 5X5
    Incline DB Press: 5X5
    Chin-ups: 3x10

Tuesday: off

Wednesday: Running work

Thursday: off

Friday:
    Hang Cleans: 5X3
    Deadlift: 5X5
    Military Press: 5X5
    Dips: 3x10

Saturday: off
    Sunday: off

*you could probably add another, less intense running day on saturday...

OR

Monday: Lift
    Tuesday: Speed Work
    Wednesday: Lift
    Thursday: Agility Work
    Friday: Lift
    Saturday: Off
    Sunday: Off

only thing with this is if you start to feel sluggish take a deload week. it's going to be a good bit of volume but nearly as much as you had originally planned. I prefer the first idea though...
    Last edited by frobro; 04-03-2007 at 01:51 PM.
    Effort.

Oops back to cutting PowerBuilder08's Avatar
    PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your new workout looks much, much better than before. I'd still make slight tweaks. The main one I would do would be to basically move it to what we do, Monday and Thursday hit your Chest/Tris/Shoulders + Oly lifts, and then Tuesday and Friday hit your Legs/Back/Bis. That way you won't hit the same muscle groups two days in a row, it will help out a lot I think.
    U.S. Army Veteran

B.A. Kinesiology

Powerlifting Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175783781