multiplexor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is using elipser in the morning and at night ok?

Hey guys.

Since i posted my first thread about a month ago (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=189943), I've lost around 8 pounds....

All thanks to this site and showing me exactly what i should be nicluding and excluding from my diet.

I now ask another question... This morning i did 15 minutes on my home elipser.

tonight I plan on doing some light weight lifting... Should I also do cardio on the elipser tonight? maybe 10 minutes? or 4 minutes HIIT on it?

What do you guys recommend?

If I do HIIT, should I place the setting to hard, or leave it at around average, so it's easier?

Thanks again guys

DeZaStR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From what I have read on here, it is recommended that if you do cardio and weight training on the same day, that you spread out the two workouts. For example, you would do your cardio in the morning, and your weight lifting in the evening. It is my personal opinion that you would be cheating yourself if you did them back to back because while you may have devoted "x" minutes to each one, neither would have been at the full intensity of what they could have been done separately.

Regarding HIIT, this is going to be entirely up to you. From what I understand, the whole goal of HIIT is to go high intensity for a short period of time get your heart rate up, then slow down to moderate intensity to lower your heart rate back down....repeated over several intervals. The resistance on your legs should be set at whatever is comfortable to you. Obviously, if it is set to maximum resistance and you can't crank the thing as fast as you could on moderate resistance, then you aren't going to get your heart rate as high...you'll just get a good leg workout. Bottom line...go with what's comforable to you and with what you honestly feel is giving you the workout you want.