Certified smartestMISCer Deenur's Avatar
    Deenur has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Deenur has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Deenur has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Deenur has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Deenur has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Deenur has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Deenur has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Deenur has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Deenur has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Deenur has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Deenur has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

keto and flax fiber

will flax seed fiber kick you out of ketosis? I take 9 TBL spoons of ground flax a day (21 fiber carbs) and have been on STRICT 40 carbs or less for 7 days (even counting 1/2 on all sugar alcohols like in an Atkins bar). I drink over a gallon of water, and eat cheese, butter, peanut butter, oils... but nothing seems to be happening much. No weight loss, but I have had strong urine and 3 days of fatigue at the beginning.

Could glutamine be the culprit or am I just being impatient?

Suggestions?

THANKS

Deen
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. Thomas Jefferson

Screenwriter- u mad brah?

bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No, fiber will not effect ketosis. Most of us go 14 days below 20gs of carbs. Then you are def. in ketosis.
    Hit the Wall, Tear it Down!! - Wildman

fredt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: keto and flax fiber

Originally posted by Deenur
    will flax seed fiber kick you out of ketosis? I take 9 TBL spoons of ground flax a day (21 fiber carbs) and have been on STRICT 40 carbs or less for 7 days (even counting 1/2 on all sugar alcohols like in an Atkins bar). I drink over a gallon of water, and eat cheese, butter, peanut butter, oils... but nothing seems to be happening much. No weight loss, but I have had strong urine and 3 days of fatigue at the beginning.

Could glutamine be the culprit or am I just being impatient?

Suggestions?

THANKS

Deen
    The flax should be OK, but do yourself and favour and ditch the Atkins bars and anything else that has sugar alcohols. Depending on the person they are known to keep you out of ketosis. They certainly do for me. FYI: http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips010.html

...also glutamine has caused some folk to take longer to get into ketosis... again it does for me...
    FredT......