rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Eating 1500 calories a day at 277 pounds.....

Well I was 282.2 last saturday n ow at 277.8 so far so good . But how low is too low. Im content with 1500-1600 calories a day. I workout with weights 4 times a week (4 day splits) and do cardio 3-4 times a week. not HIIT yet, not in enough shape.

Im finding it VERY hard to get to my 10-12 calories a day.

thats like double the calories im having now. I know if you eat less your metabolism slows down and it can take from your muscle. Just seems VERY odd that i have been at around 1000 calories a day before my diet and went up to 1500 calories now that i am dieting and to be "optimal" I need to be at double what im eating now to lose weight. =/ I plan on going up to it over a month or two's time.

Just kinda confused over it all and need some opinions from those who were at my weight or near it before.
    June 1 - Sept 1 Cut

6-1: xxx | 6-10: xxx | 6-17: xxx | 6-24: xxx | Month Total:
    7-1: xxx | 7-8: xxx | 7-15: xxx | 7-22: xxx | 7-29: xxx | Month Total:
    8-5: xxx | 8-12: xxx | 8-19: xxx | 8-26: xxx | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 9-1: xxx

Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A lot of people are going to tell you that's too low.
    I'm 228, use to be 250 a few months back, and I take around 1800-2000 a day.

Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That is to low.

Eat 2700 calories. Bodyweight * 10 works great.

-Bill
    Start weight 337 pounds
    Current weight 262 pounds
    Goal Weight 185 pounds
    Down 75 pounds, 77 more to go!!!

"Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he will have to touch to be sure."

solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by Dr Bill
    That is to low.

Eat 2700 calories. Bodyweight * 10 works great.

-Bill
    bump,but when u start getting down to <15% body fat,i suggest eating 12x ur bodyweight to preserver as much muscle as possible
    <HTC>

E-Sizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E-Sizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E-Sizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm beginning to cut and at 252 lbs, the amount I'm starting off with is 2953 calories. It seems like a lot but a lot of it comes from beef jerky. I think I will slice consumption in half when I begin to start decreasing my daily calorie intake because I have me consuming 2 cups of jerky a day which is about a bag. I think 3000 is a little high but its slowly being reduced to probably 1800 when I stop. 1500-1600 seems too low to me.

BuggerOff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuggerOff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuggerOff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think it's too low.

10 X your bodyweight is a guide for professionals wanting to cut-up. If you're carrying a lot of bodyfat, it doesn't really count as fat does not take much energy to maintain, while muscle does.

I don't think it's too low, you will shed fat FAST on the diet. That being said, it will probably be too hard to maintain, because you'll be hungry and want to break it all the time.

I'd go for ~1800-1900 cals a day if I were you. It will be MUCH easier and you will still loose fat at an impressive rate.
    "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides

Plop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i rekon you will lose too much muscle eating that low of calories.

LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000)
    WEll, that definitely does seem low. As a 5 foot 4 female, (35 years old) I lost weight at about 1200 calories a day. Individual metabolisms come into play of course......but if you say you're content, I'm wondering if you could be underestimating the calories you're having? It happens fairly frequently. I'd say you're just going to have to a bit of experimenting and playing around to see what amount works for you.......Don't lose too fast! After a few weeks you can see what your trend is. If the rate keeps up at 4.5 lbs per week, then you are losing too fast and need to eat more. With scale error, water weight, etc, one week is too early to really determine that. Looks like you're on the right track though, that's for sure!

Patcal19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldn't cut my calories too low. I lost a bunch last year. I did the BFL program and had great results. At one point I cut my intake back a lot and my weight loss stopped. I increased it and I started losing again. Here's a link to some before and after pictures. I've lost about 10 pounds since that picture was taken. Remember that you have to find what works for you. It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change. You have to learn what your body requires. Everybody is different. The one common thing that all people have is that if you don't eat enough then your body will go into starvation mode. I assume that you don't care about weight but care about losing Fat. The key at the point you are at is a good exercise regiment and EATING CLEAN. I eat about 2400 - 2700 calories a day. That's a lot of food if it's clean food. It's kind of ironic that you have to eat a lot to lose. I have one cheat day a week. It happens to be today. I'll go to Golden Corral and eat 2 plates of food and 3 or 4 desserts. I've pretty much done this since my start. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress. Also take before and after pictures. Weight change happens so slow that you don't notice the changes.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=204641
    "Don't let school get in the way of your Education"
    "Politically Correct Sucks"

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs down

Originally posted by BuggerOff
    I don't think it's too low.

10 X your bodyweight is a guide for professionals wanting to cut-up. If you're carrying a lot of bodyfat, it doesn't really count as fat does not take much energy to maintain, while muscle does.

I don't think it's too low, you will shed fat FAST on the diet. That being said, it will probably be too hard to maintain, because you'll be hungry and want to break it all the time.

I'd go for ~1800-1900 cals a day if I were you. It will be MUCH easier and you will still loose fat at an impressive rate.
    anything over 2lbs a week is NOT fat it is muscle and water weight he is losing....lower isnt always better...just like all nutrients are not equal

hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Eating 1500 calories a day at 277 pounds.....

Originally posted by rodedog57
    Well I was 282.2 last saturday n ow at 277.8 so far so good . But how low is too low. Im content with 1500-1600 calories a day. I workout with weights 4 times a week (4 day splits) and do cardio 3-4 times a week. not HIIT yet, not in enough shape.

Im finding it VERY hard to get to my 10-12 calories a day.

thats like double the calories im having now. I know if you eat less your metabolism slows down and it can take from your muscle. Just seems VERY odd that i have been at around 1000 calories a day before my diet and went up to 1500 calories now that i am dieting and to be "optimal" I need to be at double what im eating now to lose weight. =/ I plan on going up to it over a month or two's time.

Just kinda confused over it all and need some opinions from those who were at my weight or near it before.

You could be content with 1500-1600 calories a day but it is self-defeating. Working out for you is pointless if you are going to be on a starvation diet. Starving yourself rises your cortisol levels astronomically and will create an extremely catabolic environment. Your weight will go down, and your bodyfat will go up. It will eventually plateau and you will burn out, binge, and be back to where you started.

I starved myself on 500 calories a day for a very long time and had a bodyfat higher than now when I eat a number more appropriate for my weight and activity levels.

Not to sound rude, but I don't understand how its "very hard" for you to get the right amount of calories. You obviously ate above and beyond your bodies caloric requirements for a long period of time to get to almost 300 lbs.
    5'5", 123 lbs., 14% BF

rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodedog57 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you for all the great replies. Actually im coming out of a starvation diet. I was eating 1000 calories a day maximum. some days much much less. So for me eating 1500 calories is actually alot for now and im pretty stuff except late late night which I try not to eat unless its cottage cheese. Everything I eat I weight to the gram if its portion size dependant like chicked. Besides that I measure everything and keep track of everything. so far so good.

287 highest weight a month ago at the doctors. ate a bit better since then but didnt "count" till 1/3
    282.2 on 1/3
    274.2 on 1/10

I know a bunch has to be water weight. Which is fine by me progress is progress.Just basically needed some support from people who ate that much (seems like ALOt to me) and lost the weight. glad I have will power though to stick with it. I'll take everyones advise and slowly move up a few hundred calories per week not to shock the body.

Atleast now its clear how I was gaining weight but not really eating
    June 1 - Sept 1 Cut

6-1: xxx | 6-10: xxx | 6-17: xxx | 6-24: xxx | Month Total:
    7-1: xxx | 7-8: xxx | 7-15: xxx | 7-22: xxx | 7-29: xxx | Month Total:
    8-5: xxx | 8-12: xxx | 8-19: xxx | 8-26: xxx | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 9-1: xxx