Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lock THIS!

dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Lock THIS!

What the hell is the problem here? Have you guys decided that you're above criticism?

Big H, you of all people should remember what happened the last time the modding got out of control: everyone left and quite a few never came back.

The only thing all the locking does is show that no one is prepared to deal with criticism. Locking a thread is power move, where you make your opinion the last one and not allow anyone to say otherwise.

Is that the kind of board you want?
    I saw the film, said that's the life for me
    Forsake the mundane for some instability
    So sue me.

Protect your right to buy the supplements you want: www.usfa.biz

dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dio is right. This is a problem that needs to be addressed. Its better to deal with the problem right away.
    Dito is like pussy. Either you love it or you're gay.

Turn around bright eyes

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You should know that the thread I closed could have been dealt with by a PM.

dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You are wrong. These threads have been closed to deflect criticism, going to PMs would only reinforce that type of behavior.
    So sue me.

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by dio
    You are wrong. These threads have been closed to deflect criticism, going to PMs would only reinforce that type of behavior.
    I try to close threads before they get out of hand. A thread called "derekmac is out of control" is going to get out of hand. You know that. It's much better for the person who has a problem to PM the person.

dildo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by dio
    Never thought of that, maybe it is better to have an open discussion about it, i dunno.......
    Bo selecta!

No, its not. This type of behavior affects everyone and should be dealt with publicly. Otherwise it just amounts to mods silencing criticism, which is both weak and detrimental to the board.

How could anyone respond to him if he keeps locking threads? They can't and that's why its done.
    So sue me.

chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dio I agree with everything you've said and I'm sure others do to. Hopefully you won't get banned for this.

Chris

dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by chris587
    Dio I agree with everything you've said and I'm sure others do to. Hopefully you won't get banned for this.

Chris
    He wont be banned.
    Dito is like pussy. Either you love it or you're gay.

Turn around bright eyes

LOL what's with this "im going to get banned" crap. That's not needed. And, you don't have to respond in threads. Just PM him. I believe he closed the UK thread cause you can't put other websites on the public board that are competitors. It's only fair to Ryan. I understand where you are coming from though, but next time PM him the supp company name.

I never said I'd be banned and I'm not refering to the UK thread being locked. I'm talking about the Hydrotest and criticism threads being closed.
    So sue me.

RobertW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Big H
    LOL what's with this "im going to get banned" crap. That's not needed. And, you don't have to respond in threads. Just PM him. I believe he closed the UK thread cause you can't put other websites on the public board that are competitors. It's only fair to Ryan. I understand where you are coming from though, but next time PM him the supp company name.
    Big H,

The point I was trying to make (before the thread was locked) was that these UK sites are NOT competition to BB.com, I SELL products to RYAN so why would I want to send people away from BB.com????

Originally posted by dio
    I never said I'd be banned and I'm not refering to the UK thread being locked. I'm talking about the Hydrotest and criticism threads being closed.

Just look at the hydro thread dude. The last 3 pages were nothing but flaming. All that does is clutter up space. The mod who closed it said he'd open it up when the parties involved stop flaming.

Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lol, people assume that when you try to take control of the situation, people are going to get banned. Paranoia. It’s like people think they’re in a chain gang or something. “I hope the boss don’t shoot you behind the barn for this!”.

I think people forget that the mods are here for a reason and granted their privileges by the admin. The admin is the captain, if you don’t like his decisions, it's too bad.

Not saying that out of control modding doesn’t happen, but people need to be careful they don’t speak out of turn not knowing all the intricacies.

Just my thoughts.

Originally posted by RobertW
    Big H,

The point I was trying to make (before the thread was locked) was that these UK sites are NOT competition to BB.com, I SELL products to RYAN so why would I want to send people away from BB.com????
    Okay. Than PM Derekmac and tell him this. He'll then reopen the thread.

And good look at the thread. None of those ship abroad, so all they were doing was posting competitors sites.

Just look at the hydro thread dude. The last 3 pages were nothing but flaming. All that does is clutter up space. The mod who closed it said he'd open it up when the parties involved stop flaming.
    That was added later to make it look plausible. Rodney and Bruce hadn't exchangd any insults today. The thread was closed because of the discussion with dorian. Or is that just a coincidence

Besides, that thread had some relevant discussion to the topic and was entertaining on top of that. People like seeing the industry guys go at it. As long as it doesn't spill over, it should be left alone.

I do however, appreciate you attempting to address these issues as opposed to continuing the trend.
    So sue me.

entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As far as I can see if the Hydrotest thread was locked because of flaming between Rodney and BK, it should have been locked a while ago. The last page has no word from Rodney or BK, and the second to last page has only one post in which Rodney addresses BK directly. And he does so in a fairly inoffensive manner, considering what he is responding to. Although I agree that this is hypocritical considering that Rodney did a lot of **** slinging earlier, I do not understand how Rodney's response would merit closing the thread. If the lock was about Rodney and BK, why not close the thread 3-4 pages earlier?

Personally, I like to see the bickering as well, but it wasn't my call. I am just telling you why derek did what he did. PM derek and ask him. You know it's not right for me to just open it without talking to him.

We're like policemen. Just doing our jobs

Originally posted by entic
    I do not understand how Rodney's response would merit closing the thread. If the lock was about Rodney and BK, why not close the thread 3-4 pages earlier?
    Cuz that's not why it was locked.
    So sue me.

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't like getting involved in this crap, and I was really hoping I wouldn't have to, but this is getting ridiculous.

I will make a suggestion to mods to clean up closed threads and then re-open them, IF they are worthwhile. I will also instruct them to delete threads that have no relevance.

As for everyone here, and I do mean everyone, it would all be a lot easier if we could respect each other's posts and keep from flaming, or at least cool such situations down fast.

RobertW, a no advertising rule is a no advertising rule. This has been discussed many times. And while your point is correct, one exception warrants another and we are back to where we started from. With this size of board you need strict rules so all the mods are in sync. So this is not plausible. In such situations, if you feel the need to help is so great (who can help but admire such altruism ?) then PM or email the person.

And as a last note, one thread to discuss this topic is more than enough. I have deleted the others, kindly keep such comments here so everybody knows where to find them.

Personally, I like to see the bickering as well, but it wasn't my call. I am just telling you why derek did what he did. PM derek and ask him. You know it's not right for me to just open it without talking to him.

We're like policemen. Just doing our jobs
    I don't want to PM anyone. I'm putting my concerns here. I appreciate you responding, but that doesn't fix the problem. Neither will a PM.

Derek has already seen my thoughts on this. He closed the first thread I made addressing it. This conveniently prevented anyone from challenging his reasons.
    So sue me.

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That thread should have been locked a while ago; I agree with that. I just started following it.

Seriously, Dio- what is your problem? I said that I would re-open the thread if Rodney and Bruce would cool down, and I intend to do just that.

You start a thread like this and the other one that I locked and say I'm abusing my powers? How so, exactly? By locking a thread that was mostly a flame war?

It was not closed because of Dorian. I don't care if you believe that or not- it's the truth.

Originally posted by Big Cat
    I don't like getting involved in this crap, and I was really hoping I wouldn't have to, but this is getting ridiculous.

I will make a suggestion to mods to clean up closed threads and then re-open them, IF they are worthwhile. I will also instruct them to delete threads that have no relevance.

As for everyone here, and I do mean everyone, it would all be a lot easier if we could respect each other's posts and keep from flaming, or at least cool such situations down fast.

RobertW, a no advertising rule is a no advertising rule. This has been discussed many times. And while your point is correct, one exception warrants another and we are back to where we started from. With this size of board you need strict rules so all the mods are in sync. So this is not plausible. In such situations, if you feel the need to help is so great (who can help but admire such altruism ?) then PM or email the person.

And as a last note, one thread to discuss this topic is more than enough. I have deleted the others, kindly keep such comments here so everybody knows where to find them.
    I don't disagree with any of this, especially since you acknowledge that one thread addressing the issue is appropriate.
    So sue me.

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by dio
    I don't want to PM anyone. I'm putting my concerns here. I appreciate you responding, but that doesn't fix the problem. Neither will a PM.

Derek has already seen my thoughts on this. He closed the first thread I made addressing it. This conveniently prevented anyone from challenging his reasons.
    I closed it because you could have addresed it via PM....instead of taking this to the boards and causing all kinds of strife and concern, that really isn't needed.

Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Question on the side;

What will you do if someone locks this thread? You named it “lock this” so, if you do, will you complain?

Reminds me of the joke about the 2 teens that get pulled over. Cop eventually punches the driver in the face, walks around the car and punches the passenger. “Why did you do that?!” Cop says “If I didn’t, a mile down the road you’d be saying “I wish he would have punched me like that!”.

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by dio
    No, its not. This type of behavior affects everyone and should be dealt with publicly. Otherwise it just amounts to mods silencing criticism, which is both weak and detrimental to the board.

How could anyone respond to him if he keeps locking threads? They can't and that's why its done.
    You can always respond, in fact you are responding. Could you please direct me to the thread in question so I can have a look and maybe straighten the situation out ?

RobertW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Big Cat

RobertW, a no advertising rule is a no advertising rule. This has been discussed many times. And while your point is correct, one exception warrants another and we are back to where we started from.
    Fair enough, I was just trying to help the guy out and did not think it was hurting BB.com.

Originally posted by derekmac
    That thread should have been locked a while ago; I agree with that. I just started following it.

Seriously, Dio- what is your problem? I said that I would re-open the thread if Rodney and Bruce would cool down, and I intend to do just that.

You start a thread like this and the other one that I locked and say I'm abusing my powers? How so, exactly? By locking a thread that was mostly a flame war?

It was not closed because of Dorian. I don't care if you believe that or not- it's the truth.
    There was no activity from either of them when you locked the thread. As I've mentioned several times, its pretty suspicious that it was closed right after Dorian gave up.

My problem is that you closed every thread that leveled any criticism against you, after giving your own opinion. This was right after I mentioned that Dorian should've delivered another warning before banning someone.

And there was no spill over from that thread into others. As mentioned earlier, people like to see the industry people go at it. It draws traffic to the board -- look at the times of the highest viewing.

Both participants were willing (and it was Rodney's thread to begin with) so they should have been left alone.
    So sue me.

Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by dio

We used to have a guy on another board that always liked to air his complaints. He was then banned from a certain forum, but could still post in the remaining forums and respond to PMs. As it turns out, he went away. Why? Because he liked the attention and was not interested in solving the problem away from the public eye at all. If you don't want to PM anyone, you might consider why you are posting in the first place.
    Always learning.