Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arch of foot hurts when doing calf raises...

Whenever I am doing calf raises the arch of my foot starts to hurt really bad after a few heavy reps. Any idea why?
    -Phil

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you do them in shoes or barefoot?

Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You need more arch support. Buy insoles or new shoes.
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

-ohashi

Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah, i do it in shoes.. so my shoes arent supportive enough?
    -Phil

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Flex_Or_Die
    yeah, i do it in shoes.. so my shoes arent supportive enough?
    that could be the reason, what kind of shoes you got ?? you probably use a few plates or something to elevate you toes right ?? it might be that you use something to high

Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hm... do you mean you have crampin? like as if a muscle in your foot is overlappin another one? You're better off doin seated ones first, then standin! Also check your sneakers out your foot has to have a arch, flat footed people dont have to worry cuz they've grown all their lives with flat feet. So they're able to do anythin stressfull and it wouldnt bug em at all.

Originally posted by midian
    that could be the reason, what kind of shoes you got ?? you probably use a few plates or something to elevate you toes right ?? it might be that you use something to high
    This is what I'm wearing

-Phil

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Flex_Or_Die
    This is what I'm wearing

that's bad you should get something that has a firm base, B-ball shoes are pretty good, some types of running shoes but don't go for the airwalk things or anything like that

Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What?!?!... why?!!?! lol aren't those basketball shoes? are they worn down are brand new?

Originally posted by Tamacracker
    What?!?!... why?!!?! lol aren't those basketball shoes? are they worn down are brand new?
    They are like a cross-training shoe... a couple months old
    -Phil

Uh... i dont see the problem then, maybe they just aren't supportive enough. I have ankle and heel support on my cross trainin sneakers.

chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

i have the same problem

and it pisses me off cuz the pain gets unbearable. i guess i know the answer to it though cuz i wear ****ty adidas casual shoes. i need a pair of crosstrainers or something with an arch.

Lymp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think this has to do with shoes. During my first month or 2 of doing calf work, I had the exact same problem, especially on the rotary calf machine. I suspect it was due to the fact that the tendons and ligaments of my feet weren't strong enough yet for heavy calf work. It went away pretty soon. I started to work out with a beginner friend last semester, and he complained about the exact same thing. It went away for him too.
    Stats:

Height - 5'10
    Weight - 157 (cutting)
    Age - 19

Dumbbell Bench - 55 x 7
    Deadlift - 250 x 8
    Squat - 170 x 6

Noobsauce Olympic Lifter Crematia's Avatar
    Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have to wear crosstrainers because I have very high arches and I get the same pain. It sometimes keeps me from doing em, I don't wanna deal with the foot pain. The only thing that seems to help after doing calf raises for me is a foot bath, that silly looking little electric foot massager. You can get em for under $20. It looks stupid, but it does wonders. Fill it with the hottest water you can stand and soak your feet for 15 mins, your feet will feel much better after your workout, no more pain. If you're lucky enough to have a jaccuzzi, you could use that too, put your feet near the jets.

chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well the pain i get goes away a couple seconds after working them out. i don't think it's a beginner thing b/c i've been working my calves out for a good 4-5 months and still get it...

SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I used to get a similar pain when I went running, I rested up for a few weeks then eased back into it more gradually and it went. It was kind of like a cramp pain right on the arch. The problem with feet is they never really get any rest because even when you're not execising on them you walk and stand on them all day long which means any injury there can be difficult to heal. I'd say ease down on whatever running/calf work you're doing then build up again more gradually and pay attention to the pain - it's there for a reason.
    At 16/08/04

5'9" 187lbs
    Chest 46"
    Waist 32" (a little bit under now!)
    Arms 17+half"
    DL = 420lbs, BP = 280lbs, Squat = 345lbs