stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

what kind of routines do boxers here do?

well im basically coming from a bodybuilding backround and am looking to start a three day split aimed at conditioning for boxing.

is three days to much?or too little? i train in boxing 2hrs 3 times a week. training includes: sparring,bag work,pads,skipping etc

so i think that pretty much covers any skill work so on tuesdays thursdays and maybe saturdays id be looking to pump iron. any particular exercises outside the obvious that would be of particular benneficial for boxing? or any particular exercise that adversley effects boxing ability? any replies regarding other boxers routines would be most welcomed. as well as any tips

thanks

ps i read the holyfield thread and although it was very informitive that was his living..........im a full time college student with part time job so i couldnt really do it like the real deal
    For the great Gaels of Ireland
    Are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry,
    And all their songs are sad.

BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeBig22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well if you already have your boxing skills and running down, then try something simple...here is a good routine that was posted on here sometime back, I dont take credit for it:

Monday..

Squat 5x5
    Flat Bench 5x5
    Wide-Grip Chin's 5x5
    Abs
    Calf Raises

Wednesday..

Deadlift 5x5
    Incline Barbell Press 5x5
    Barbell Rows 5x5
    BB Curls 5x5
    Abs

Friday..

Front-Squat 5x5
    Weighted Dip's 5x5
    Power-Clean 5x5
    Close-Grip Bench
    Abs

ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ballast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Split routines are best left to bodybuilders, and strength training is a ways down the list for a boxer IMO.Skill, anaerobic endurance and a sound cardiovascular base would be the top three on my list.Strength training is important for boxers, but split routines and isolation exercises should not be employed by most boxers IMO.A simple abbreviated full-body routine hit twice per week should be more than sufficient for most.Something like this:
    -power clean and press/push press
    -squats (either box squats, overheads or single-leg)
    -stiff legged deadlift or good mornings
    -weighted sit ups or full contact twists

After a warm-up set or two, a couple heavy sets of 5 reps would be a good place to start for strength gains.Use a weight that is heavy enough to be challenging, but don't go to failure, especially on the cleans and low back work.Besides the weight work, you should be doing your calisthenics like burpees, pull-ups, push ups, etc.Anything the weights don't hit, like the chest and arms should be covered by the calisthenics.

In short, strength training is important, but a boxer should make sure he has spent ample time on his running, sparring and skills work before hitting the weight room.Just my two cents.

stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stone fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

thanks a lot guys! we actually cover the calisthenics in the two hour training sessions as part of our "warm up" (though im usually dying by the end of it!)

so are you saying that the best rep range is roughly 5 and no more than eight?thats what i would have thought.
    compound exercises are the way to go (so itll have to be by by to my peaks )
    think ill figure some sor of routine out from those posts

thanks again guys!
    For the great Gaels of Ireland
    Are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry,
    And all their songs are sad.