HypnotizeS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Intermediate wants new results, HELP!!

Hello everyone. I am a 22 year old male and currenty enlisted in the U.S. Army. I recently started lifting weights seriously about 4 months ago and I have made some great progress in that short amount of time. I am 5'10'' and weighed a meger 140lbs, so I was always thin but since starting a simple workout routine that consisted of a push ups, bench pressing and e-z bar curls, I manage to up my weight to 163 lbs. easily. The only supplements I use regularly are GNC 100% Whey Protein and Optimum Pro Glutamine. Also, I have increased my one rep max from a pathetic 155lbs to 215lbs in that short amount of time.

Since I am satisfied with my "new" physique, I am starting to notice how I really want my body to look. Im not out to be muscle bound like IFBB pro's, but I just want a nice, symmetric body and about 10 more lbs so my arms, chest and back will fully develop. But my high metabolism is also at work. My concerns are this:

1.) A good workout program for an ectomorph body type as myself. I am currently attempting the heavy weight/low reps workout. Am I going the right path?

2.) Just what should my exact workout weight be? I dont want to be completely exhausted after one set but breezing through 4 sets. I want a good workout that I can actually feel and complete without failing at 2 reps in the last set! Ive heard rumors of working out with 70% of your max, but thats just 155lbs!

3.) Besides trying to eat to gain mass, are there any more supplements I should look into besides creatine and protein powders? Is eating 3 big meals equal to eating 4 or 5 mid sized meals?

4.) How can I fully develop my chest? It has greatly increased but Im missing the inner and outer mass in my opinion. Also, my biceps and back are seriously lagging, in my eyes.

If anyone has any tips or would like to advance my knowledge more, I would really appreciate a reply or an email to: shaun30344@yahoo.com. I have before and after pictures for better judgement too. Thanks!

--HypnotizeS

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    At 5'10"@163, you're still too thin to have a "fully developed chest", unless your legs are thin and diproportionately under-developed. Deadlifts, chins, and rows for the back. Again, at that weight, you probably don't have enough mass for a really meaty back yet.

Just keep doing what you're doing, and it'll fill in as you put on enough weight. As long as you have a balanced diet and take in enough calories, you can forget about those pricey suppplements.

It doesn't matter if you feel "exhausted" or not. What matters is this: Are you making progress or not?

Keep working and be patient.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

TRAPS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lift heavy, eat alot of protein, and get plenty of rest. Just remember that a stronger muscle is a bigger muscle. If you want a bigger chest then your going to have to build a stronger chest.

HypnotizeS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the info, I see even though I made good progress, Im still not there. I have more of a runner's body and very good for other sports like basketball, which I play regularly. Just what weight would maybe be ideal for what Im trying to accomplish?

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by HypnotizeS
    Just what weight would maybe be ideal for what Im trying to accomplish?
    To really fill everything in proportionately? I don't know your exact frame size, but about 30 more pounds should do it nicely(though it might slam you into the height/weight limit for the U.S. Army).

RL19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RL19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RL19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RL19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RL19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RL19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RL19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RL19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RL19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RL19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RL19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by TRAPS
    Just remember that a stronger muscle is a bigger muscle. If you want a bigger chest then your going to have to build a stronger chest.

not necessarily true. You can gain strength without gaining mass.

Originally posted by RL19
    not necessarily true. You can gain strength without gaining mass.
    You're right, they need to think of weight-class powerlifters. Incredibly strong for their size, because they train to be just that.

TRAPS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are right that you can gain strength without gaining muscle but you cannot gain muscle without gaining strength. I don't care what anybody says.