F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation Basic Questions about Oats

1.Can u add oats to Both Whey and Casein if taking both products, and should i add the oats every time i take a Whey or Casein shake or only sometimes?

2.It wouldnt matter if i wanted to add creatine to my shakes too right, like i could still add oats?

3.Probably stupid...but do u need to cook the oats before adding them to whatever you add em too?

4.Do oats help to put on some pounds?

My goal is to gain some weight, by lifting and increasing my calorie intake and would oats be a source to look at to achieve this goal?

If you guys have any Oat recipe suggestions please msg them to me!!!
    Last edited by F_T_K; 04-19-2010 at 06:29 AM.

DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by F_T_K View Post
    1. Can u add oats to Both Whey and Casein if taking both products, and should i add the oats every time i take a Whey or Casein shake or only sometimes?
    2.Probably stupid...but do u need to cook the oats before adding them to whatever you add em too?
    3.Do oats help to put on some pounds?

My goal is to gain some weight, by lifting and increasing my calorie intake and would oats be a source to look at to achieve this goal?
    1. Yes
    2. Nope
    3. Great carb ... very very beneficial
    Proud member of the Who Dat Nation since '87!

Sky Dive Crew

F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50) F_T_K will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DA_MOSS View Post
    1. Yes
    2. Nope
    3. Great carb ... very very beneficial
    i forgot to add this in but could u read the new #2? and for #1 was this intended to say yes to each time i take a shake or just add oats sometimes?

DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DA_MOSS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i forgot to add this in but could u read the new #2? and for #1 was this intended to say yes to each time i take a shake or just add oats sometimes?
    You can add oats anytime you need some extra calories.. I usually add mine in the morning and after workouts.

Yeah, you can add creatine with the oats no problem

Sky Dive Crew

Originally Posted by DA_MOSS View Post
    You can add oats anytime you need some extra calories.. I usually add mine in the morning and after workouts.

Yeah, you can add creatine with the oats no problem
    any recommendations on recipes for oats, and what oats brand do you buy?

any recommendations on recipes for oats, and what oats brand do you buy?
    any brand will suffice, but I use Steel Cut Oats

Check out the Nutrition thread here.. lots of info there

Sky Dive Crew

Trae's Sisters Boy Toy! _NimbusTim_'s Avatar
    _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Steel Cut Oats are great.....Grind them up into a powder and add to any shake when you need the extra calories. They are slower digesting, so during the day, and at night is best IMO. I would use a faster digesting carb for Post Workout. Also, don't go crazy on creatine...3-5 grams daily is plenty. My creatine is consumed with my post workout shake.

Originally Posted by _NimbusTim_ View Post
    Steel Cut Oats are great.....Grind them up into a powder and add to any shake when you need the extra calories. They are slower digesting, so during the day, and at night is best IMO. I would use a faster digesting carb for Post Workout. Also, don't go crazy on creatine...3-5 grams daily is plenty. My creatine is consumed with my post workout shake.
    what would be a faster digesting carb?

and Should i go with adding oats separatly to the Whey and Casein shakes from ON or Should i get the Natural Whey w/oats and Natural Casein insted? is there any major difference that would effect how i get my results?

Trae's Sisters Boy Toy! _NimbusTim_'s Avatar
    _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

and Should i go with adding oats separatly to the Whey and Casein shakes from ON or Should i get the Natural Whey w/oats and Natural Casein insted? is there any major difference that would effect how i get my results?
    Faster Digesting Carbs I Would Use Would Be Dextrose/Maltodextrin. You can buy it in bulk from companies like NOW. Nimbus Nutrition also makes a PWO formula intended just for this.
    It consist of 100% Whey Isolate, Simple & Sustained Carbs in the form of Malt/Dextrose, 4 grams of creatine, and 4 grams of taurine.

Depends on if you want convinience or not. If you want to save a little money, buy bulk maltodextrin/dextrose and mix your post workout shake. Also buy buk oats, grind them and pour them into your shake. If you want convinience, buy Performance Post Workout from Nimbus Nutrition, and a product like Natural Whey & Oats from ON.

had to put you in the green buddy..

Sky Dive Crew