rockn2dmax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

need homemade weight gainer recipes

I have googled for recipes for homemade nutrition shakes and homemade weightgainer shakes... but with the internet in such shambles these days, all I can find is people selling stuff!!!!

So, I used the search function on this site... still nothing... or maybe i"m not using the search function correctly, but when I seached for homemade weight gainer... I got a bunch of threads, NONE of which had what I was looking for!

I even went to Barnes & Nobles looking for a good nutrition recipie book, but all I can find is these dumb diet books...

I wish america would get off their @sses and exersize instead, and then maybe there would actually be a market for a nutrition book that was based on GOOD nutrition and not losing weight!!!

with that said...

Can everyone post some of their homemade nutrition/weight gainer shakes...

I would prefer to get something that tastes good and has at least 300-400 calories in it, with a good protien/carb/fat ratio

thanks
    "Hell yes it's heavy, that's why they call it WEIGHT!"

Fett will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fett will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fett will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fett will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fett will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fett will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fett will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fett will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fett will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fett will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fett will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    this is what I use:

2 cups whole milk
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein
    1 banana
    2 tablespoons peanut butter
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 cup dry oatmeal
    1 cup chocolate ice cream
    blend all together

drink one half immediatly after workout, sip the rest for about 45 minutes after that

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Check the "Best of the Supplements Forum" sticky in the supps section.

MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Fett
    this is what I use:

2 cups whole milk
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein
    1 banana
    2 tablespoons peanut butter
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 cup dry oatmeal
    1 cup chocolate ice cream
    blend all together

drink one half immediatly after workout, sip the rest for about 45 minutes after that
    Sorry but i gotta say no to that as a pwo shake

With all the fat in the milk, olive oil, ice cream, and pb, it will slow down the whey absorbtion.

For PWO you want Protein powder + Oats/Sugar (read up on that debate) in water.

For a Weight gainer shake that you take sometime during the day try this:

1 Scoop Protein Powder
    2 Cups SKIM milk
    1 Banana
    1/2 cup ground oats (coffee grinder)
    1 tbsp natty/reduced fat PB

this tastes great and depending on the nutri facts of your pb/protein will have a breakdown of about:

Protein: 50 Carbs: 100 Fat: 15

which'll get you 735 QUALITY calories

if you really need more calories add a tbsp of olive oil, but it does slightly effect the taste, and isnt the best source of calories imo

nautralbody32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

waitgainers?

thanks but do u know of any i can buy that are really good

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nautralbody32
    thanks but do u know of any i can buy that are really good
    The best ones are the ones you make at home.

Most of the stuff out there on the market has excess sugars.

Zerolimitz117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zerolimitz117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zerolimitz117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zerolimitz117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zerolimitz117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zerolimitz117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zerolimitz117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zerolimitz117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zerolimitz117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zerolimitz117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zerolimitz117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow geez, coffee grinder, i bought a blender today solely so i could make weight gaining shakes, but the texture was awful because of the oats, but a coffee grinder makes ALOT of sense. thanks dude!

Robxs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robxs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robxs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robxs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robxs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robxs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robxs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robxs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robxs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robxs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robxs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Zerolimitz117 View Post
    wow geez, coffee grinder, i bought a blender today solely so i could make weight gaining shakes, but the texture was awful because of the oats, but a coffee grinder makes ALOT of sense. thanks dude!
    Nah man that texture is the good stuff. Makes the shake nice and chewy, and you feel like you've actually eaten something.

Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well i use Dymatize High Protein Mega Gainer but i add some stuff and it turns out ok.

1/2 Dose of the Gainer (300kcal, 30g prot, 40g carbs 2g fat)
    1 Banana
    50g oats
    2tbsp pb

and it turns out something like 850kcal, around 50g protein, 80g carbs, 12g fat and it tastes amazing :P
    You dring 2 of these babies per day and you are SET to go. Btw PWO shake is made with water not milk and dont use any fat in it. You need that protein rushing through your veins FAST.

ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    damn lol @ 300-400 cals.. thats weak brah.

2 scoops Muscle Juice(low sugar brand preferrably),about 500-600 cals
    16ozmilk, about 220 cals
    tbsp natty PB, about 200 cals
    lowest fat cottage cheese for extra protein/casein
    some mixed berries or banana

ur lookin at 1000+calorie shake already, if ur feelin lucky or really skinny throw in a cup of Oats brah, olive oil, that will easily put you at 1300-1400 cals