beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

What's so bad about aspartame

I just saw some threads that were asking for protein powders without aspartame...

Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There have been lots of studies that show aspartame is pretty dangerous **** when taken in large quantities. when your body is metabolizing aspartame, it is first converted to methanol (wood alcohol). The methanol in your body then quickly converts over to formaldehyde. Formaldehyde causes gradual and eventual severe damage to the neurological system, immune system.

You should do your own research on the topic... but be careful there are lots of web sites out there that significantly exagerate the dangers of the chemical.

Like anything else, if you use it in moderation it probably won't kill you.

I personally stay away from it... splenda/sucralose is where its at!
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 150 (+/- 4)
    BF: 14%

Do you ever have that dream where you show up at work naked?

beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beatphats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for the info... it's just I usually have a diet sprite with my lunch, so I was wondering how much is it effecting me.

Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I usually drink 1 diet soda every day. Unless you are going overboard it shouldn't do anything bad to you.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 150 (+/- 4)
    BF: 14%

Do you ever have that dream where you show up at work naked?

me too, just one 20oz, and good to go, i just need to have a something sweet, and i could avoid a heavy duty cheat day, also, i think diet soda is better than a piece of chocolate/candy.

shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your allowed 48mg per kg (2.2lbs) of bodyweight a day. Bearing in mind aspartame is usually coupled with other sweeteners such as acesulfame K to even be close to reaching a dangerous level would be to consume over 10-12 litres of diet soft drink a day.

These statistics are taken from the food standards and safety agency in Britain.
    "No citizen has a right be an amateur in the in the matter of physical training... what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

BoxerUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Geoff2010
    There have been lots of studies that show aspartame is pretty dangerous **** when taken in large quantities. when your body is metabolizing aspartame, it is first converted to methanol (wood alcohol). The methanol in your body then quickly converts over to formaldehyde. Formaldehyde causes gradual and eventual severe damage to the neurological system, immune system.

You should do your own research on the topic... but be careful there are lots of web sites out there that significantly exagerate the dangers of the chemical.

Like anything else, if you use it in moderation it probably won't kill you.

I personally stay away from it... splenda/sucralose is where its at!
    Could you provide a link to these studies please?
    Moderator at rossboxing.com

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by BoxerUK
    Could you provide a link to these studies please?
    You bet.

Taken from PubMed

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

Formaldehyde derived from dietary aspartame binds to tissue components in vivo.

Trocho C, Pardo R, Rafecas I, Virgili J, Remesar X, Fernandez-Lopez JA, Alemany M.

Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain.

Adult male rats were given an oral dose of 10 mg/kg aspartame 14C-labelled in the methanol carbon. At timed intervals of up to 6 hours, the radioactivity in plasma and several organs was investigated. Most of the radioactivity found (>98% in plasma, >75% in liver) was bound to protein. Label present in liver, plasma and kidney was in the range of 1-2% of total radioactivity administered per g or mL, changing little with time. Other organs (brown and white adipose tissues, muscle, brain, cornea and retina) contained levels of label in the range of 1/12 to 1/10th of that of liver. In all, the rat retained, 6 hours after administration about 5% of the label, half of it in the liver. The specific radioactivity of tissue protein, RNA and DNA was quite uniform. The protein label was concentrated in amino acids, different from methionine, and largely coincident with the result of protein exposure to labelled formaldehyde. DNA radioactivity was essentially in a single different adduct base, different from the normal bases present in DNA. The nature of the tissue label accumulated was, thus, a direct consequence of formaldehyde binding to tissue structures. The administration of labelled aspartame to a group of cirrhotic rats resulted in comparable label retention by tissue components, which suggests that liver function (or its defect) has little effect on formaldehyde formation from aspartame and binding to biological components. The chronic treatment of a series of rats with 200 mg/kg of non-labelled aspartame during 10 days resulted in the accumulation of even more label when given the radioactive bolus, suggesting that the amount of formaldehyde adducts coming from aspartame in tissue proteins and nucleic acids may be cumulative. It is concluded that aspartame consumption may constitute a hazard because of its contribution to the formation of formaldehyde adducts.

PMID: 9714421 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]