Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Is having a gut while bulking normal???

Im starting look pregnant and im getting worried. My gut feels firm though, maybe from stretching my stomach by eating all the time.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Will it be hard to get rid of when im cutting? should i do situps or not?

Plop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do not do sit ups during your bulking phase.

Remember, sit ups do not burn fat in the stomach area, they only tone that muscle and if you are fat there, you won't see any benifit doing sit ups while bulking if you are already fat in the stomach.

Yes, it's normal to expect a little fat while bulking, but how big is that gut ?

How long have you being bulking ? Maybe it's time to start the cutting phase if you are really worried about your gut.

Yes, you can lose the gut if you do appropriate cardio work and diet.

REMEMBER - when cutting and wanting to get your stomach flatter with some abs showing.

1) Diet
    2) Cardio
    3) Sit ups

Shutup and lift...bitches Wheelies's Avatar
    Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Plop
    Do not do sit ups during your bulking phase.

Remember, sit ups do not burn fat in the stomach area, they only tone that muscle and if you are fat there, you won't see any benifit doing sit ups while bulking if you are already fat in the stomach.

Yes, it's normal to expect a little fat while bulking, but how big is that gut ?

How long have you being bulking ? Maybe it's time to start the cutting phase if you are really worried about your gut.

Yes, you can lose the gut if you do appropriate cardio work and diet.

REMEMBER - when cutting and wanting to get your stomach flatter with some abs showing.

1) Diet
    2) Cardio
    3) Sit ups
    Why would you not do ab work? Your abs are like other muscles, they need resistance and nutrtion to grow. If you neglect them while bulking, and then you cut down, you wont have impressive abs underneath it. You should always do abs, just like any other body part. Doing ab work isnt going to "melt" the fat away, but it will build them up and add to your core strength for other lifts, again, dont neglect them.

candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Wheelies
    Why would you not do ab work? Your abs are like other muscles, they need resistance and nutrtion to grow. If you neglect them while bulking, and then you cut down, you wont have impressive abs underneath it. You should always do abs, just like any other body part. Doing ab work isnt going to "melt" the fat away, but it will build them up and add to your core strength for other lifts, again, dont neglect them.
    Bump.
    Cutting
    164lbs. 9/11/03
    181.75lbs. 9/6/04
    6.5% BF 9/6/04

Mod @ http://www.bbforums.com

candle25@cyber-rights.net

I'd Rather be Lifting... STL_Lift's Avatar
    STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I went from 145lbs to 170lbs is about 2 1/2years, and in that time my waist went from 32" to 36". I have now got it down to 34" where it will probably stay. I agree you should still do sit-ups but also just watch the diet, cut some calories, and increase Cardio.

*remember that if your abs muscles are growing faster that your gut is shrinking that the muscles are just going to push out the fat, making your gut seem bigger. Just hang with it.

I was pretty scrawney back in the day and had to really pack it on for 2years, so I had to live with the gut for awhile. Small price to pay!
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 198lbs

HST FTW

I'd Rather be Lifting... STL_Lift's Avatar
    STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I went from 145lbs to 170lbs is about 2 1/2years, and in that time my waist went from 32" to 36". I have now got it down to 34" where it will probably stay. I agree you should still do sit-ups but also just watch the diet, cut some calories, and increase Cardio.

*remember that if your abs muscles are growing faster that your gut is shrinking that the muscles are just going to push out the fat, making your gut seem bigger. Just hang with it.

I was pretty scrawney back in the day and had to really pack it on for 2years, so I had to live with the gut for awhile. Small price to pay!
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 198lbs

HST FTW

Coolbrotha_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking

I am currently bulking up right now eating 3500-4000 clean calories a day. i work my abs three or four times a week. IMO you should work your abs out just like the rest of your body..I do 4x25 of raised crunches and 4x25 of hanging leg raises.peace

Plop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I never said that don't work your abs during bulking......i only meant that if you have like a body fat percentage of 25 +

Salford Reds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do we know what our body fat is - I see all these tests and they seem horribly inaccurate.

At 6' 0" and 185lbs, what is my body fat in the range of?

back-lock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) back-lock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) back-lock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) back-lock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) back-lock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) back-lock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) back-lock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) back-lock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) back-lock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) back-lock is a jewel in the rough. (+500) back-lock is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Salford Reds
    At 6' 0" and 185lbs, what is my body fat in the range of?
    What is your waist measured at?

Salford Reds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    36" - 37"

bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Plop
    I never said that don't work your abs during bulking......i only meant that if you have like a body fat percentage of 25 +
    Ok, even if, why?
    Hit the Wall, Tear it Down!! - Wildman