IMCS614 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IMCS614 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IMCS614 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IMCS614 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IMCS614 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IMCS614 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IMCS614 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IMCS614 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IMCS614 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IMCS614 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IMCS614 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Increasing "hardness" or muscle density

I know muscle "tone" is based on diet/cardio, etc., but is there anything to increase toneus, i.e., the semi-activation of a muscle fiber on a near regular basis - what i'm saying is, i'd like to look almost contracted in many muscles when not working out, and want to be harder all around. besides bf% reduction, what else adds to muscle density? - thanks

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    you can't increase the density of a muscle itself (if i understand what you mean)

abs, forearms and calves have higher densities than other muscles

if you wan't to look thight bodyfat reduction is the only way

edit: draining a muscle can make it look more dense, but you're not going to walk around dehydrated all time

Glim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by midian
    you can't increase the density of a muscle itself (if i understand what you mean)

bump to that

its all about the BF
    GNC= Rip off

kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what he's saying is ( I'm pretty sure anyway) you know when your flex your arm it gets biGGer well for guys with relatively smaller muscles and possibly a higher bf% there arms don't look too good but when you flex them it looks a lot better, I think he's wanting to know how to get it to look good like when it's flexed but while having his arm unflexed...hard to understand I'm sure...but I think the only way is to have the bigger muscle and low bf
    Cutting

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Increasing "hardness" or muscle density

Originally posted by IMCS614
    I know muscle "tone" is based on diet/cardio, etc., but is there anything to increase toneus, i.e., the semi-activation of a muscle fiber on a near regular basis - what i'm saying is, i'd like to look almost contracted in many muscles when not working out, and want to be harder all around. besides bf% reduction, what else adds to muscle density? - thanks
    Definition/cut/tone = low bodyfat.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10)

edit: draining a muscle can make it look more dense, but you're not going to walk around dehydrated all time
    Actually it's said that myogenic tone (muscles looking denser and harder at rest) can be increased through strength training (actin and myosin density).
    It's not as hard as you think it is.
    Educate yourself, but stop thinking too much...

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Damien
    Actually it's said that myogenic tone (muscles looking denser and harder at rest) can be increased through strength training (actin and myosin density).

i heard it the other way around

still doing some searches on this (slow ass internet)

Originally posted by Damien
    i've heard that the muscles of a olymic lifter are harder then the one of let's say a dude doing "le tour the france"

if i remember correctly sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is what a bodybuilder gets and an olymic lifter got hyofibrillar that won't increase in size but has a more powerfull muscle contraction and that a stronger contraction is caused by increase of myofibril's wich you then get by hyofibrillar hypertrophy, but what's that caused by ?? explosive lifting or heavy lifting, or both ??

Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i heard it the other way around

still doing some searches on this (slow ass internet)
    Get on MSN and we can talk this out (too lazy to post back and forth here).
    I'm on for maybe 30 more minutes.
    It's not as hard as you think it is.
    Educate yourself, but stop thinking too much...

TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    POWER TO THE PEOPLE! By Pavel Tsatsouline...

He go's into great deal on how you can accomplish this, its through myofribillar hypertrophy, wich does in fact make the muscles more dense and hard at all time, you still need low body fat to show the detail, but hardness of the muscle comes from high tension(lifting heavy weights for low reps). And takes a few years to truly develop.

Take a look at Bruce Lee, he's very dense because of all the Isometrics he did. Same thing. High muscle tension= increase in muscle density and hardness(over time).

peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    muscle maturation
    years of training
    Henry Rollins
    It took me years to fully appreciate the value of the lessons I have learned from the Iron... I learned that nothing good comes without work and a certain amount of pain. When I finish a set that leaves me shaking, I know more about myself. When something gets bad, I know it can't be as bad as that workout.

Sensei Creese:Cobra KAi founder
    Mercy is for the weak, we do not train to be merciful here, a man faces you, he is the enemy, the enemy deserves no mercy...

TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Your wrong and your right.

You are right when you say that abs, calves, and forearms are higher density than most muscles. This is because of there constant usage.

But your wrong when you say that you cant increase muscle density. The key is myofribillar hypertrophy. The best way to get this is through strength training. FREQUENT, HEAVY, TRAINING.

You'll notice that farmers, mechanincs and people doing manual labor for a long time, will have "harder" muscles then a Math teacher doing a 3 day BB split. This "hardness" comes from years of "time under tension" Its the body's adaptation to tension. It say's "hey, I have to be tense so often, I might as well be more tense all the time, so i'm ready for it".

As stated in my previous post, Power to the People, by Pavel Tsatsouline is one of the best books on the subject.
    Last edited by TarvMan; 01-06-2004 at 02:08 PM.

Originally posted by TarvMan

You are right when you say that abs, calves, and forearms are higher density than most muscles. This is because of there constant usage.

But your wrong when you say that you cant increase muscle density. The key is myofribillar hypertrophy. The best way to get this is through strength training. FREQUENT, HEAVY, TRAINING.

You'll notice that farmers, mechanincs and people doing manual labor for a long time, will have "harder" muscles then a Math teacher doing a 3 day BB split.

As stated in my previous post, Power to the People, by Pavel Tsatsouline is one of the best books on the subject.
    well it explains this, nice post

if i remember correctly sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is what a bodybuilder gets and an olymic lifter got hyofibrillar that won't increase in size but has a more powerfull muscle contraction and that a stronger contraction is caused by increase of myofibril's wich you then get by hyofibrillar hypertrophy, but what's that caused by ?? explosive lifting or heavy lifting, or both ??

tylarswift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TarvMan View Post

You'll notice that farmers, mechanincs and people doing manual labor for a long time, will have "harder" muscles then a Math teacher doing a 3 day BB split. This "hardness" comes from years of "time under tension" Its the body's adaptation to tension. It say's "hey, I have to be tense so often, I might as well be more tense all the time, so i'm ready for it".

Is that the same as this ...?
    I heard that those electric belts won't give you better abs for a reason. If you constantly flex your and they get used to it and sorta programs your brain to keep them forced subconsciously. So say you (hypothetically) sat in a tight crunch position for a month straight and then stopped. For a while afterward your brain would be stuck on the on switch and keep your and contracted even when you are not trying?

Same concept?

DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkonMilk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Almost 10year bump. Das it mane.

BORCH94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BORCH94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BORCH94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BORCH94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BORCH94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BORCH94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BORCH94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BORCH94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BORCH94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BORCH94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BORCH94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tylarswift View Post
    Is that the same as this ...?
    I heard that those electric belts won't give you better abs for a reason. If you constantly flex your and they get used to it and sorta programs your brain to keep them forced subconsciously. So say you (hypothetically) sat in a tight crunch position for a month straight and then stopped. For a while afterward your brain would be stuck on the on switch and keep your and contracted even when you are not trying?

Same concept?
    Quality bump, you were 8 years old last time somebody posted on this thread... well done.