Ginspooper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best sets/reps for strength

I need to get much stronger for wrestling next season, i dont particularly have to watch my weight now but I don't want to gain 20 lbs on a weight gainer or something. Any tips on sets/reps per excercise and how many excercises for each group?

main wrestling muscles:
    Chest, BACK triceps, biceps, quads, calves, shoulders and neck

Renkhun21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Renkhun21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Renkhun21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Renkhun21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Renkhun21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Renkhun21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Renkhun21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Renkhun21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Renkhun21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Renkhun21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Renkhun21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow

Best excersizes for wrestling include anything that involves multiple joints/muscle groups at the same time, as you will be using just about every muscle CONSTANTLY during the match.. Hang cleans are great, good mornings are good to work your spinal erectors to avoid being bent over.. work your FOREARMS, your grip is just about everything heh..

Some of the best training I ever did was plyometrics, wall sits, squat jumps, skate hops, distance jumps, etc.. keep your legs in shape but don't worry about them as much as your upper body, however somewhat of a balance between the 2 will help.

Hang Cleans, good mornings, squats, front squats, hang clean to press.. weight is no so much as important as gaining flexibility/muscular endurance.. each match you face the 6 hardest minutes of your life.

Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1. Definitely try a polymetric program (explosion is a big part of wrestling.
    2. Lots of pushups and pullups (every variation, even single arms)
    3. Balancing program with lunges and all sorts of variations carrying something (I used to use a roll of carpet or a bag of sand).

Ginspooper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

This stuff if important in the offseason? Because right now I really need to get stronger, so besides explosive stuff(can you explain that) what weight lifting excercises should i do to get stronger and how many reps and sets to increase strength.

Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voodoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ok, I get you now. Any multi-joint movements like squats, bench, deadlifts, military press, chin-ups, etc....any weight (body weight) bearing movements too. Do lower reps for all of these; no more than 8 reps (try 6-8 range).

IMO you need to focus on the main 3; bench, squats, and deadlifts. Throw in traps, calves, and abbs and you've got a strength program. Oh yeah, I forgot forearms.

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    go to my article on sets and reps for some info. I am sure it will answer all your questions.

cac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want strength without alot of mass low reps is the way to go is 3-6 to failure

cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Talking

I think 3-6 reps NOT to failure may be more productive. Also, focus on lowering the bar slowly, pausing, and exploding the weight for the positive portion of the lift. This will cause the most powerful muscle fibers to be involved...

As far as exercises, the other guys have got it right
    Diet = 50%
    Training = 25%
    Attitude =25%
    Simple math.