CAVE DWELLER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Vegetarian(ish) Diet Help

Hi Guys & Gals
    After months of hovering around this site absorbing info, i've decided its about time i asked for some help with my awkward diet. I'm almost vegetarian except i eat loads of tuna (2-3 tins a day) and i cant stomach eggs. Basically i'm trying to do a clean bulk but i'm struggling with my protein variation, especially evening meals when i need to reduce carbs and consume good quality protein.

Heres an example of my daily eating

6.00 whey in water
    6.30 oats,skimmeed milk,almonds,sunflower seeds,1/2 an apple and cinnamon
    9.15 1 tin of tuna,1/2 an apple and a raw carrot
    12.15 1/2 cup of brown rice,1/2 cup mixed beans,low fat yoghurt,1/2 cup mixed veg
    3.15 1 tin of tuna,handfull of broccoli
    5.00 train
    5.45 whey,water,dextrose,oats
    6.30 cod,mixed veg,potatoe wedges,low fat yoghurt
    9.30 1 tub of cottage cheese or 1 tin of tuna

I'm taking 5mg creatine daily and whey as seen above,drink loads of water and take multivits with minerals and seperate magnesium tab.
    Training 3xweek,chest/tri,legs/shoulders,back/bi
    aug03 126lb.....now 142lb
    Sorry for the long post, any help with restructuring my diet is greatly appreciated.
    Oh yeah, i work in construction so some days i must burn off loads of calories!

Rydain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a pescetarian as well. Other than eggs and the protein sources listed in your diet, here are some other protein-rich foods I like:

Soy nuts
    Tofu
    Fake meat products (most of the ones I've seen in the supermarket contain a decent amount of protein)
    Soups with lots of legumes (I like the dried ones that Fantastic Foods makes - they're reasonably cheap, several flavors are high in protein, and of course, they're vegetarian)
    Low-fat cheese (you might want to leave this out if its fat calories are a problem, but it's a nice way to add some flavor and extra protein to food)

You might want to try cooking meals with an appropriate macronutrient balance as well. Chili made with lots of beans, veggies, and fake meat is one of my favorite home-cooked foods. Earlier tonight, my husband made an experimental tuna casserole with whole wheat pasta, veggies, and cheese. It turned out quite well, and it seemed easy to make. He just cooked the pasta and veggies, threw it in a pan with some tuna and cheese, and baked it at 325 F until the cheese melted.

CAVE DWELLER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for your ideas RYDAIN. I'm going to give the fake meat stuff a try, i'll probably have to force it down the first time i try it though, as whenever i've tried to eat meat in the past, i've gagged and had to spit it all out! Either the cook needed shooting or i was a chicken in a previous life!

Rydain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You're welcome. You might be pleasantly surprised by fake meat. It has a similar texture and flavor to the real deal, but it's not greasy or oily at all. Just watch out for Boca Burgers, which are so meatlike that some vegetarians refuse to eat them.

I also forgot to mention that you might be able to find salmon burgers at the grocery store. I haven't gotten around to trying them yet, but I heard that they're quite good.

Skullder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the best fake meats are fake turkey and hotdogs. both actually taste decent. soy burgers are decent too. the rest imo are not good tasting.

ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I eat Morningstar "chicken, burgers, hot dogs, and brats." And some brand of "riblets", too lazy to get up and look. The Morningstar chicken patties are awesome. I love them with barbecue sauce.

I'v also tried Boca burgers but prefer Morningstar over those. And Gardenburgers are digusting - they're actually like compacted shrooms and crap into a patty - not just soy stuff. Gross.

Rugby Guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby Guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am posting for my girlfriend.

I am wondering what her total cals should be a day for intake, protein carbs etc.

She is a vegan and eats dairy but I got her onto tuna.

She is also having trouble with to much binding and has trouble going to the bathroom.

Any help would be great ...shes farting way to much..
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!