Is the Alpha & the Omega. Death Strike's Avatar
    Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Curving back while doing standing military press, is that normal?

i have to do it at least a little, seems natural but is it bad form? Also i thought about it and it seems pretty dangerous.

I've heard of people being afraid of doing squats or deads but **** the real danger lies in standing military press, if you **** that up, your done.
    "Adversity breeds strength"
    "Self-Improvement is mental masturbation"
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    Those who are willing and able to separate themselves from the weakness and vulnerability of emotion will rise above those who are bound and victimized by it.

--------------
    "Most shy girls are ugly and most hot girls are whores.
    Your hand will never let you down so why don't you just stick with that"

Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Keep your abs flexed and that will help keep your back straight. Curving a little is okay...you'll feel it when your bending back to far.
    No Excuses

MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try putting one foot in fron of each other, it helps with balance.
    Meet PR's
    565 dead(no belt)
    465 squat(no belt)
    315 bench(tendonitus)

Gym Pr's
    545x2(dead)(no belt)
    445 squat(no belt)
    375 bench
    230x5 standing military

Current location is Actually Cincinnati**

Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by amc11890 View Post
    Try putting one foot in fron of each other, it helps with balance.
    balance isnt really an issue but i do shake (which i think is normal when i get near my max), i just curve because it helps me push the weight up.
    Those who are willing and able to separate themselves from the weakness and vulnerability of emotion will rise above those who are bound and victimized by it.

--------------

itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000) itslocke is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Death Strike View Post
    balance isnt really an issue but i do shake (which i think is normal when i get near my max), i just curve because it helps me push the weight up.
    You should lower the weight a little bit if you have to do that in order to lift the weight up.
    US ARMY Noncommissioned Officer
    OEF / OND Veteran
    CEO, BFM Enterprises International

++ Positive Crew ++

Owe Reps:
    kpd905, Oreopie, put5onyo, Derek1995

Lifetime Negs:
    DatDereVert

Originally Posted by itslocke View Post
    You should lower the weight a little bit if you have to do that in order to lift the weight up.
    im assuming you've done military press and can probably do more then me

so your saying dont bend your back at all? It just feeels so weird to do it that way.

--------------

MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MacDaddy68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Death Strike View Post
    im assuming you've done military press and can probably do more then me

so your saying dont bend your back at all? It just feeels so weird to do it that way.
    everyone bends to an extent but if you have to bend your back just to get the weight up then it is too heavy.
    Meet PR's
    565 dead(no belt)
    465 squat(no belt)
    315 bench(tendonitus)

Gym Pr's
    545x2(dead)(no belt)
    445 squat(no belt)
    375 bench
    230x5 standing military

Current location is Actually Cincinnati**

Registered User HIThardPLYhocky's Avatar
    HIThardPLYhocky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bending your back means that your using to much weight that you need some other part of your body to help get it up. Try lowering the weight and it will pay off more.
    don't judge a hockey player by his skill, judge by the number of missin teeth

Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearsfb73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    about seven months ago my best friend and i were doing some seated DB military press and his back curved and he slipped a disk...now he has cronic backpain, so from personal experience yeah it can mess you up.