Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000)

Conversation with guy at gym : 6-oxo

Hi

there was a guy at my gym today , about 240 6% bodyfat (estimate of course), looked like a true bodybuilder, he was passing by in the area (travelling) and was looking for a local gym to train at. any how, it was only me and him in the gym (afternoon time) and so we got talking.

i was telling him how i considered using ph's and somehow we got talking about talking about PCT so i thought i would ask him about 6-oxo and see what he said (was an expereinced juice user i would say, though i never asked him). he said 6-oxo was an androgen and an anti-aromatase (which i knew already) but i did not know it was an androgen. his words i remember were exactly :

"forget its anti-E properties, because its an androgen those properties will be cancelled out and will not allow your hpta to recover since all androgens introduced to the body are suppressive, so 6-oxo will not be useful for post cycle therapy"

he told me 6-oxo was something bodybuilders use through their cycles called proviron, which is a non anabolic androgen that is an anti aromatase (like 6-oxo he said), and he said juicers do not use proviron for pct since it is suppressive because its an androgens.

now, the guy looked very expereinced in bodybuilding, and dont get me wrong, just because he had an awesome physique doesnt mean he is speaking the God's honest truth, but still i found this part of what he said interesting.

he also told me to forget about ph's and juice until i was 25 lol, however he did tell me he used andro products when he was in his teens and all he got was tits (his exact words lol).
    anyway, i am 97% sure he juiced, had that sick thick dense mass loaded with vascularity going on.

anyway , wherever i look 6-oxo is recommened for pct. is the guy wrong in his saying>?
    Kill me. You must. For I will not stop.

candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    From Big Cat's Profiles: (Proviron)

"The second use is in enhancing the potency of testosterone. Testosterone in the body at normal physiological levels is mostly inactive. As much as 97 or 98 percent of testosterone in that amount is bound to sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and albumin, two proteins. In such a form testosterone is mostly inactive. But as with the aromatase enzyme, DHT has a higher affinity for these proteins than testosterone does, so when administered simultaneously the mesterolone will attach to the SHBG and albumin, leaving larger amounts of free testosterone to mediate anabolic activities such as protein synthesis. Another way in which it helps to increase gains. Its also another part of the equation that makes it ineffective on its own, as binding to these proteins too, would render it a non-issue at the androgen receptor.

Thirdly, mesterolone is added in pre-contest phases to increase a distinct hardness and muscle density. Probably due to its reduction in circulating estrogen, perhaps due to the downregulating of the estrogen receptor in muscle tissue, it decreases the total water build-up of the body giving its user a much leaner look, and a visual effect of possessing "harder" muscles with more cuts and striations. Proviron is often used as a last-minute secret by a lot of bodybuilders and both actors and models have used it time and again to deliver top shape day in day out, when needed. Like the other methylated DHT compound, drostanolone, mesterolone is particularly potent in achieving this feat.

Lastly Proviron is used during a cycle of certain hormones such as nandrolone, with a distinct lack of androgenic nature, or perhaps 5-alpha reduced hormones that don't have the same affinities as DHT does. Such compounds, thinking of trenbolone, nandrolone and such in particular, have been known to decrease libido. Limiting the athlete to perform sexually being the logical result. DHT plays a key role in this process and is therefore administered in conjunction with such steroids to ease or relieve this annoying side-effect. Proviron is also commonly prescribed by doctors to people with low levels of testosterone, or patients with chronic impotence. Its not perceived as a powerful anabolic, but it gets the job done equally well if not better than other anabolic steroids making it a favorite in medical practices due to its lower chance of abuse."

As for 6OXO (3,6,17-Androstenetrione), this is the closest I could come to it, which looks like to proper IUPAC name.

Names and Synonyms Name of Substance

14-Hydroxyandrost-4-ene-3,6,17-trione
    Synonyms

14-Haet
    14-Ohat
    14alpha-Hydroxy-4-androstene-3,6,17-trione
    Androst-4-ene-3,6,17-trione-14-ol
    Systematic Name

Androst-4-ene-3,6,17-trione, 14-hydroxy-

Classification Codes Classification Code

Enzyme inhibitors
    Estrogen antagonists

Formulas Molecular Formula

C19-H24-O4

Registry Numbers CAS Registry Number

120051-39-0

It doesn't look like it has any androgenic properties IMO. It is OK for PCT, but Nolva is much better.
    Last edited by candle25; 01-02-2004 at 09:49 AM.
    Cutting
    164lbs. 9/11/03
    181.75lbs. 9/6/04
    6.5% BF 9/6/04

Mod @ http://www.bbforums.com

candle25@cyber-rights.net

andruw251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andruw251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Conversation with guy at gym : 6-oxo

Originally posted by Crazee_786
    Hi

there was a guy at my gym today , about 240 6% bodyfat (estimate of course), looked like a true bodybuilder, he was passing by in the area (travelling) and was looking for a local gym to train at. any how, it was only me and him in the gym (afternoon time) and so we got talking.

i was telling him how i considered using ph's and somehow we got talking about talking about PCT so i thought i would ask him about 6-oxo and see what he said (was an expereinced juice user i would say, though i never asked him). he said 6-oxo was an androgen and an anti-aromatase (which i knew already) but i did not know it was an androgen. his words i remember were exactly :

"forget its anti-E properties, because its an androgen those properties will be cancelled out and will not allow your hpta to recover since all androgens introduced to the body are suppressive, so 6-oxo will not be useful for post cycle therapy"

he told me 6-oxo was something bodybuilders use through their cycles called proviron, which is a non anabolic androgen that is an anti aromatase (like 6-oxo he said), and he said juicers do not use proviron for pct since it is suppressive because its an androgens.

now, the guy looked very expereinced in bodybuilding, and dont get me wrong, just because he had an awesome physique doesnt mean he is speaking the God's honest truth, but still i found this part of what he said interesting.

he also told me to forget about ph's and juice until i was 25 lol, however he did tell me he used andro products when he was in his teens and all he got was tits (his exact words lol).
    anyway, i am 97% sure he juiced, had that sick thick dense mass loaded with vascularity going on.

anyway , wherever i look 6-oxo is recommened for pct. is the guy wrong in his saying>?
    i dont believe that 6oxo is an androgen, i could be wrong. maybe he's thinking of formastane, it is an androgen and estrogen inhibitor and would serve the same purpose as porviron
    22 yrs old

Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i didnt think 6-oxo was an androgen before he told me either. i doubt the guy is sprouting shi* though, he knew his stuff. though like i said , he COULD be wrong.

i am just double thinking, the "andro" in 6-oxo's chemical name does lean towards him being right....

candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) candle25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    the "andro" in 6-oxo's chemical name does lean towards him being right....
    The term "andro" doesn't always mean the substance will be androgenicly active or that it will convert to such.
    Cutting
    164lbs. 9/11/03
    181.75lbs. 9/6/04
    6.5% BF 9/6/04

Mod @ http://www.bbforums.com

candle25@cyber-rights.net

dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    He's wrong. Maybe he was thinking of formestane, in which case he would probably still be wrong.
    I saw the film, said that's the life for me
    Forsake the mundane for some instability
    So sue me.

Protect your right to buy the supplements you want: www.usfa.biz

lakevillethor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Conversation with guy at gym : 6-oxo

Hi

That guy is spewing bull****. It is not an androgen. It doubles your testosterone by bonding to estradiol, rendering it inactive, then boosting LH.

He may have been talking about Formastane (4-andro hydroxy dione).
    -AT

EDIT: I didn't see Dio's post until now.

Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i didnt think 6-oxo was an androgen before he told me either. i doubt the guy is sprouting shi* though, he knew his stuff. though like i said , he COULD be wrong.

i am just double thinking, the "andro" in 6-oxo's chemical name does lean towards him being right....

He is wrong. Sounds like he is confusing it with formestane

Josh8315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh8315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh8315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh8315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh8315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh8315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It depends on your defininition of androgen. If androgen is something that acts on the AR in the male body, then the answer is no.

If androgen is a class of molecules with the c19 backbone that all test (no-akylated) and andro's look like, the answer is yes. Formestane and 6oxo are very similar and are in practically the same class. Its very complicated, 6oxo is like testosterone with a funny function group stuck on an odd place to make it do what you want it to do.

It is, an 'androstane'. That is fact and can be found by opening up any steriod chemical index, becuase we go by carbon backbones--only rarely keto groups dictate a major category in the nomenclature of organic chemistry. But like I said, its not an androgen in the sense that acts on the AR to do anabolism or cause androgenic effects in any measurable amount.
    Last edited by Josh8315; 01-02-2004 at 04:54 PM.
    later

ok cool! i guess the guys was mistaken, i am glad i double checked with the bros here

thanks again bros, 6-oxo is good stuff!