Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up N-acetyl-tyrosine ...use this for cutting/high intensity workouts

I always react badly to conventional "fatburners" and the like.
    I mainly use them to increase energy and control appetite/calories.
    N-acetyl-tyrosine blows regular tyrosine, phenylalnine, and other "fatburners" out of the water IME.
    I use two caps Jarrow's version that has 350mg N-acetyl-tyrosine, plus 5mg B-6 for absorbtion in each cap---I use this along with caffeine.
    For the past past week the appetite control AND energy has been comparable to ******** or other pharma stimulants; my uncle writes me scripts upon request
    120 caps for $10 is cheap, too.
    My overall functioning and well being has increased as well. Give this a shot!
    "Did you know that there is a nerve that connects the eyeball to the anus?
    It's called the Anal Optic Nerve and gives people a ****ty outlook on life."

"All great change in America begins at the dinner table."

Ronald Reagan

7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    niiice but you cant combine tyrosine with anitdepressants right ?

crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000) crazymutha is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by importrev View Post
    niiice but you cant combine tyrosine with anitdepressants right ?
    Sure you can...well, sort of. The n-acetyl-tyrosine is highly bioavailable and will eventually be sythesized into dopamine and norepinephrine. Too much of these in your system CAN, not will, increase anxiety.
    However, I contend that anxiety is MOSTLY a social and interpersonal problem. I am just about to finish with my BS in psychology, and then I am going on to get a degree in school psychology. This topic is always of heavy debate.

If you are depressed, then this combo may help you. It will increase the amount of neurotransmitters in the body that are responible for feelings of well being, motivation, and the ability to focus.
    EDIT: If you are taking an NRI, SNRI, MAOI, or other medicine that effectually increases the efficacy of Dopamine and/or NE, then increases in the level of these in your body MAY not be the best. IMO, if you are diagnosed as bipolar or other major depressive disorder, or a have a diagnosis that includes the symptoms of mania, then stay away from this.
    If you have a diagnosis of mild/moderate depression/anxiety, then I doubt you will have a problem. I would also go so far as contending that you may be able to manipulate the chemical balance of your brain without antidepressants.
    Last edited by crazymutha; 03-30-2007 at 04:35 PM. Reason: forgot something

Ronald Reagan

7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i was speaking of interfering with SSRI, itll help but dont wanna use it as a quick fix and end up messing myself up. And yea i back this stack up. seems solid and cheap. no need for conventional fat burners

The Next Jason Voorhees Da Main Man's Avatar
    Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    risky...

i love tyrosine.....esp N-Acytyl-tyrosine definatly underrated as a mood enhancing/focus supplement.
    Tell your Girlfriend i said thanks....

I agree with you both--importrev and Da main man.

Importrev, I STRONGLY reccomend getting TAPERING off the SSRI's immediately. 25% of users develope a degree of akathisia (Breggin, 2001).

References

Breggin, P. R. (2001). The Anti-depressant Fact Book. Cambridge, MA: Perseus Publishing.

Ronald Reagan

theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can you reccomend a specific n-acetyl-tyrosine product, couldn't seem to find "jarrow". Also do you need to cycle off this product?

Thanx
    If indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesian 4 21-24 NKJV

theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNewMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump!
    If indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesian 4 21-24 NKJV

Originally Posted by theNewMan View Post
    Can you reccomend a specific n-acetyl-tyrosine product, couldn't seem to find "jarrow". Also do you need to cycle off this product?

Thanx
    Well, BB.com does not sell jarrow. If you go to Jarrow's web site, they have links to their online stores and also a local store finder.

As far as cycling goes, I would say yes. This is because the n-acetyl-tyrosine does a good job at converting to dopmamine and norepinephrine. When levels of these neurotransmitters are elevated for a long length of time, an imbalance in the brain occurs; the ratio between NE and serotonin is offset and you MAY feel a little agitated/angry/irritable. You only need to take one day off and just do this as you feel you need to. This product will not cause any harm to you.

Take this product at least 30 minutes before, or 45 minutes after protein containing meals to maximize conversion. Take it with caffeine. I wouldn't take more than about 1000 mg at a time. Take 2-4 times per day.

If you really want maximize the benefits, take it with a natural mao-i, like yohimbine hcl, or even st. johns wort(this one may relax you, though). Do some research on these first, though.

Ronald Reagan

Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    N-Acytyl-Tyrosine effects are pronounced at 300-500mg a serve so start small.

Standard L-Tyrosine is needed at 1000-3000mg to have good feelable effects.

Troll Bashing ain't easy! Flagg3's Avatar
    Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by crazymutha View Post

Importrev, I STRONGLY reccomend getting TAPERING off the SSRI's immediately. 25% of users develope a degree of akathisia (Breggin, 2001).

References

Breggin, P. R. (2001). The Anti-depressant Fact Book. Cambridge, MA: Perseus Publishing.
    This is a stupid, and reckless comment.

The brain quickly becomes dependent on SSRIs when taken for extended periods of time, and coming off of them incorrectly can be life threatening.

You and Tom Cruise can believe whatever you'd like, but telling people to get off of medication that they require is foolish.

NEVER adjust any prescriptions on your own. If you truly want to come off of an SSRI, you must discuss it with your Doctor first. Some of them, Effexor in particular, are extremely difficult to come off of, and should not be taken lightly.

http://bipolar.about.com/cs/antidep/..._ssridisc1.htm
    No ads here!

The opinions expressed above are my personal opinion.
    I have absolutely no affiliation with any supplement companies, and have never had any vested interest in any supplements of any kind.

dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000) dan7681 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Flagg3 View Post
    This is a stupid, and reckless comment.

The brain quickly becomes dependent on SSRIs when taken for extended periods of time, and coming off of them incorrectly can be life threatening.

You and Tom Cruise can believe whatever you'd like, but telling people to get off of medication that they require is foolish.

NEVER adjust any prescriptions on your own. If you truly want to come off of an SSRI, you must discuss it with your Doctor first. Some of them, Effexor in particular, are extremely difficult to come off of, and should not be taken lightly.

http://bipolar.about.com/cs/antidep/..._ssridisc1.htm
    Agreed they've been perscribed for a reason and is something you should consult with your doctor before changing.

smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smh31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    acetyl aminos are more stable and potent
    makes sense with N-Acetyl-Glutamine or N-Acetyl-Cysteine or N-Acetyl-Carnitine

these acetyl forms work good unlike the regular ones

i was looking into acetyl-tyrosine, want to give it a shot but is it really that potent?
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Troll Bashing ain't easy! Flagg3's Avatar
    Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagg3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by smh31 View Post
    acetyl aminos are more stable and potent
    makes sense with N-Acetyl-Glutamine or N-Acetyl-Cysteine or N-Acetyl-Carnitine

these acetyl forms work good unlike the regular ones

i was looking into acetyl-tyrosine, want to give it a shot but is it really that potent?
    Personally, I love Tyrosine, and phenylalanine, so I have looked into this before. All of the research that I've ever seen seems to indicate that N-Acetyl-Tyrosine is actually inferior to regular tyrosine, which is why I've never actually tried it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...676&query_hl=1
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...801&query_hl=9

Even still, if there is even a small chance that it's better, then it might be worth a shot anyway. I may have to give this one a try just to see what it's all about...
    No ads here!

The opinions expressed above are my personal opinion.
    I have absolutely no affiliation with any supplement companies, and have never had any vested interest in any supplements of any kind.

[QUOTE=Flagg3;31789731]This is a stupid, and reckless comment.

http://bipolar.about.com/cs/antidep/..._ssridisc1.htm[/QUOTE

This is bb.com. This is an internet forum. I said that I STRONGLY SUGGEST TAPERING OFF. That was clearly my oppinion, given in the form of a suggestion. Nobody said forget your doctor and quit that stuff right away.

Please read and comprehend first.

Ronald Reagan

Take this product at least 30 minutes before, or 45 minutes after protein containing meals to maximize conversion. Take it with caffeine. I wouldn't take more than about 1000 mg at a time. Take 2-4 times per day.

If you really want maximize the benefits, take it with a natural mao-i, like yohimbine hcl, or even st. johns wort(this one may relax you, though). Do some research on these first, though.
    Just picked up some Jarrow n-acetyly-tyrosine from the local Vitamin Cottage for $17.99 (ouch). I'll give it a try tommorow. Don't have any yohimbine yet (other than some VPX redline in the cabinet) but this will give me a chance to guage it's effects with just caffeine.

You suggest 2-4 times per day, could you suggest a sample regimen such as 700mg morning
    700mg mid-day
    700mg evening

About how long apart?

Also, can you elaborate on the effects that you've experienced concerning focus, you compared it to ******** (which I've never taken but am familiar with)?

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by theNewMan View Post
    Just picked up some Jarrow n-acetyly-tyrosine from the local Vitamin Cottage for $17.99 (ouch). I'll give it a try tommorow. Don't have any yohimbine yet (other than some VPX redline in the cabinet) but this will give me a chance to guage it's effects with just caffeine.
    yeah...dont take it with yohimbe

Question

Originally Posted by Da Main Man View Post
    yeah...dont take it with yohimbe
    I think I read in a recent post that Yohimbine should not be taken with ephedrine or MAOI. Or is ephedrine an MAOI? Sorry couldn't find the post.

Yohimbe sucks--I will never take that again in my life; just my opinion.

Yohimbine HCl [must be the hcl with no other alkaloids] acts as an mao-i; this is what I like, but some people do not like it. It is certainly potent.

This means that it inhibits the action of mono-amine-oxidase, which breaksdown various amines, including norepinephrine. This means that the NE will be in your system longer. If you simultaneously increase the volume of NE and prolong it's existence in your system, you will thus experience prolonged, intensified energy, focus, motivation, appetite suppression, and fat loss.

However, you should definitely proceed with caution. It is my recommendation to never take yohimbine hcl later than 10-12 hours before you go to bed because it will keep you ramped up--that is how it affects me.

Ehedrine is very potent in most, as is yohimbine. Mixing these two together can easily be overkill and POSSIBLY dangerous in some. Mixing Y with n-acetyl-tyrosine will not produce the same effects as mixing Y with E

As far as dosing, I would start low, like one 350 mg cap a few times per day. Aminos affect individuals differently with much variability from person to person. We all have the same chemicals in our body, but each person has a different balance of them. Some are hypersensitive to certain products, while others do not react at all.

Honestly, see what works for you. I have a friend that can drink a pot of coffee right before bed and fall right asleep and wake up rested. For me, one 4 oz cup of coffee will keep me ramped up for 8-10 hours. When gauging your experiences, keep this in mind. peace.
    Last edited by crazymutha; 04-04-2007 at 09:35 AM. Reason: paragraphs out of place

Ronald Reagan

Just an update for anyone who stumbles on this thread during a SEARCH:

I have experienced great results with the n-acetyl-tyrosine; better than phenylalanine and tyrosine.

However, I am unable to figure out why. N-acetyl-tyrosine has to be converted to tyrosine and then follow the usual chain of reaction to become dopamine and norepinephrine.

IME, this product has certainly caused a "superior" experience, compared to times when I've used regular tyrosine.

But, since I can't find any evidence (not that there isn't any, but I have not seen it) supporting the NAT as superior, I must conclude that the benefits are the result of confounding variables, whatever they may be, that were not present while using the regular l-tyrosine.

Ronald Reagan

VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just an update for anyone who stumbles on this thread during a SEARCH:

I have experienced great results with the n-acetyl-tyrosine; better than phenylalanine and tyrosine.

However, I am unable to figure out why. N-acetyl-tyrosine has to be converted to tyrosine and then follow the usual chain of reaction to become dopamine and norepinephrine.

IME, this product has certainly caused a "superior" experience, compared to times when I've used regular tyrosine.

But, since I can't find any evidence (not that there isn't any, but I have not seen it) supporting the NAT as superior, I must conclude that the benefits are the result of confounding variables, whatever they may be, that were not present while using the regular l-tyrosine.
    Would it not make sense to take both at the same time to eliminate variances between absorbtion/results by each specific user?

Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100)
    Interested in more opinions about NAT - this thread is kinda old, has NAT been accepted since or proven to be useless? Any input?
    - Amateur Muay Thai 4-1
    - Amateur MMA 1-1

[IIFYM Crew], [IF Crew], Fighter.

Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you guys liked L-Tyrosine you'll like L-DOPA much more. It's more effective at raising Dopamine and HGH levels. Plus it will increase your sexually refractory period and your gf (wife) will love it.
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10) VegetaGD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by VegetaGD View Post
    Would it not make sense to take both at the same time to eliminate variances between absorbtion/results by each specific user?
    Any feedback on this question? My thought is I'll take 500mg of L-Tyrosine & 350mg of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine. I'll do this twice daily. Am I playing with fire here, or will this work?
    Last edited by VegetaGD; 06-13-2008 at 08:53 AM.

aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

References

what is akathisia?
    I was slogged while I was trying to give up my ssri! (efexor xr) (I tapered it down of course)
    and brain zaps lasted for 3 weeks after giving up. I still have them sometimes before sleep and it's been almost 2 months now!

Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CognitiveNutrition View Post
    If you guys liked L-Tyrosine you'll like L-DOPA much more. It's more effective at raising Dopamine and HGH levels. Plus it will increase your sexually refractory period and your gf (wife) will love it.
    Don't we want a decreased refractory period and not an increase?

Any feedback on this question? My thought is I'll take 500mg of L-Tyrosine & 350mg of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine. I'll do this twice daily. Am I playing with fire here, or will this work?
    Does anyone have experience using both? Is one superior to another?

JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JAGCPT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    By the way, N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is one of the ingredients in 5-hour Energy. I don't know how much is in there, but it may account for some of its effectiveness. Just speculation, but perhaps anecdotal evidence.
    "Fortune favors the bold."

Does anyone have experience using both? Is one superior to another?
    Last try at a bump...

Originally Posted by CognitiveNutrition View Post
    The L-dopa, sexually speaking, is amazing. Don't know much more about it.

The NAT is actually amazing for the sexual benefits, as well.

I now contend that any of these versions of tyrosine/dopa be cycled and NOT taken chronically, through out the day, as some kind of downregualtion occurs via feedback...tyrosine hydroxylase, I beleive.

I tried to combat this using selegiline, but this was a poor experience (likely dosing issues).

Originally Posted by aygung View Post
    what is akathisia?
    I was slogged while I was trying to give up my ssri! (efexor xr) (I tapered it down of course)
    and brain zaps lasted for 3 weeks after giving up. I still have them sometimes before sleep and it's been almost 2 months now!
    This might be what you have..If you have this propensity to move.

For example, some people beleive that people who are chronically fidgiting are doing so to increase serotonin, as movement does increase it.

If this is true, then a resteless feeling might be the body's way of requesting more serotonin.

Possibly switch to a diet that favors carbs and eat a lot of beans/lentils, which can assist w/ serotonin deficiency.

Try some tryptophan w/ a non-high glycemic insulin boost within one hour of bed.

As you know, dietary tryptophan is one of the last aminos to get used due to its complex nature; slighlty elevated insulin will take care of this problem.