Military people only reply please. I want no bs in this thread from other people.
I want to enlist in either the Marines or Army and have a few questions.
1) What is the difference between the Army and the Marines when it comes to infantry? Are the Marines basically the first responders, when something happens the go in first and then the Army helps out later? I want to be in the infantry and be airborne if that is possible.
2) I know the maximum age to enlist in the Marines is 28, and the Army is even higher. I plan on enlisting at 28 years of age. Will I be at any disadvantage being what I assume is a lot older than the average recruit?
3) I know the pay is low, but if I am deployed all my money is banked right? What can you really spend money on in a war zone? I want to enlist and live spartan and save all my money, so in 3-4 years when I get out I will have money to start my civilian life and attend college. Does this sound feasible?
4) How much time out of the year would I be deployed? I read that there is a month vacation every year, so would I be out in say the Middle East for 11 months, then come back to the states for a month and then go back?
5) Would having less than perfect eyesight prevent me from being infantry/airborne?