jimmy_page07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anybody get sore shoulders after shoulder day?

I can get almost every muscle sore after their workout day, but not my shoulders.

Is this normal?

ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I sometimes get sore shoulders after chest day. I think it's the dips.

Registered User The Brotherhood's Avatar
    The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i know what u mean,same here.

but,soreness is not equal to hypertrophy.

ive got good gains on my shoulders without soreness.

anyway,if ure so fond of soreness,try burnouts,tricets or hi set training.

doubt ittle help ure gains,maybe even hamper them due to overtraining,but ittl get them sore!
    Miscer

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My shoulders are sore from yesterdays upper body workout.......
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

you mean your front delts?

rmatic1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mine tend to get really stiff, not sore.

Anyone know if DOMS is a good indicator of a succesful workout?

Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My shoulders get sore a couple minutes after shoulder day. They burn.
    A few bodybuilding stats
    Height 5'10
    Weight Somewhere between 195-200lbs(cutting down from 218lbs)
    (Measurements cold)
    Arms 16.5
    Calves 16.5
    Quads 27
    Penis 19.8(pumped,hard and vascular!)

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by jimmy_page07
    No my whole delt / trap area is sore i did db hang clean and presses ( 1 set ) and lateral raises ( 1 set ) for delts and Ez-bar shrugs for traps ( 3 sets)
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I meant my front delts. Was too lazy to go back and edit it. Check your dip form - don't go down further than upper arms parallel to the ground. Any more will make your front delts sore.

Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Same here bro. I think there has been one time, out of around probably 300 shoulder workouts that they have been sore the next day, and it was after a very long layoff.
    "It was time to put all the talk aside and get to work. I was going to get big, and there was nothing that would stop me."

- Sean Nalewanyj

Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Anyone know if DOMS is a good indicator of a succesful workout?
    No, it isnt. The exact cause of DOMS is still unknown, but it is believed that it is most likely due to an inefficient recruition of motor units. Take a look at this link:

http://www.aminoactive.com.au/doms.htm
    Injured O-lifter!

Constant Boner Disorder youngblood123's Avatar
    youngblood123 is just really nice. (+1000) youngblood123 is just really nice. (+1000) youngblood123 is just really nice. (+1000) youngblood123 is just really nice. (+1000) youngblood123 is just really nice. (+1000) youngblood123 is just really nice. (+1000) youngblood123 is just really nice. (+1000) youngblood123 is just really nice. (+1000) youngblood123 is just really nice. (+1000) youngblood123 is just really nice. (+1000) youngblood123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    same here my delts only get sore after chest day.

Originally posted by Davesta
    No, it isnt. The exact cause of DOMS is still unknown, but it is believed that it is most likely due to an inefficient recruition of motor units. Take a look at this link:

http://www.aminoactive.com.au/doms.htm

This is a quote from your article:

"You should always feel a moderate amount of DOMS after a good workout – this is the growth state you are aiming for. It is a sign you have trained your muscle hard, continued to recruit more muscle fibre, and are able to respond to muscle overload through muscle fibre growth. "

SO THEN WHY THE HELL DONT OUR SHOULDERS GET DOMS!!

Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Baby Bear is just really nice. (+1000)

My shoulders are sore at this moment from yesterdays chest/shoulder day. Probably because i was using my shoulders throughout the whole workout, this was the first time i trained chest and shoulders on the same day.

D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have had sore shoulders once in my whole life, and I couldn't really tell they were sore unless I lifted my arm just right. That was after a really hard wrestling practice where we did live wrestling, clean and presses, and heavy jump ropes. Maybe it is just harder to feel soreness in your shoulders? Just talking out my ass here, but you never know. lol

Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    mine are never sore after doin shoulders....though they do get sore sometimes after my bench press day.

chopper69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your shoulders arent sore because your not working them hard enought
    Weight: 160
    Height: 5'11"
    Bench: 245
    Squat: 345
    Deadlift: 365

Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evilution is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by chopper69
    are u talking to me????trust me i work them hard enough....one more time....soreness is not a sign of a good or effective workout.....

Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by chopper69
    I bow down to your vast level of 14 year old knowledge.
    A few bodybuilding stats
    Height 5'10
    Weight Somewhere between 195-200lbs(cutting down from 218lbs)
    (Measurements cold)
    Arms 16.5
    Calves 16.5
    Quads 27
    Penis 19.8(pumped,hard and vascular!)

_______________________ AUSSIE PRIDE's Avatar
    AUSSIE PRIDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) AUSSIE PRIDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) AUSSIE PRIDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) AUSSIE PRIDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) AUSSIE PRIDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) AUSSIE PRIDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) AUSSIE PRIDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) AUSSIE PRIDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) AUSSIE PRIDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) AUSSIE PRIDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) AUSSIE PRIDE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Slim_DaDDy
    LOL

Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I never get sore in my shoulders after shoulder day.
    I do sometimes get sore in my shoulders after chest day.
    Height:6ft 3'
    Weight:170

Check out my Max-OT Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=329976

Party pictures of me and friends:
    http://www.busylivin.com

rmatic1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mine burn like a mofo when doing them, my traps get sore. , but like i said, mine get really stiff.

Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is a quote from your article:

"You should always feel a moderate amount of DOMS after a good workout – this is the growth state you are aiming for. It is a sign you have trained your muscle hard, continued to recruit more muscle fibre, and are able to respond to muscle overload through muscle fibre growth. "

This quote is a little misleading.

DOMS isnt equal to hypertrophy. It's caused by the splaying of muscle fibres from each other due to the lengthening of muscles during eccentric contractions, and heterogenous recruition of muscle fibres. It is not caused by trauma in the individual muscle fibres, namely in the myosin-actin cross bridges. The reason for the pain caused by it, is that the body reacts to the damage by sending fluids to the area to help repair it, which causes inflamation, and therefore pain.

Therefore, although DOMS does show that your muscles have been worked, it doesn't neccesarily show that hypertrophy is taking place. Hypertrophy can exist without DOMS, and DOMS can exist without hypertrophy. This is why DOMS isn't a good indicator of an effective workout.
    Injured O-lifter!

GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Slim_DaDDy
    lol

i like your signature too slim
    If you think you can, or you think you cant, your right.