Registered User NorthwesternLif's Avatar
    NorthwesternLif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest exercises with little shoulder stress.

I have been recovering from a shoulder injury for 4 months and am going to start doing chest work again. What exercise would you suggest for minimal shoulder stress?
    18 y.o.
    6'2" 185 lbs

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz

Re: Chest exercises with little shoulder stress.

Originally posted by NorthwesternLif
    I have been recovering from a shoulder injury for 4 months and am going to start doing chest work again. What exercise would you suggest for minimal shoulder stress?
    the shoulder is key to chest pressing... so simple start ligth adn work your way up... i am in the same boat i try to start tomorrow...

skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you dont' already, you should do some rotator cuff exercises as well.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nothing; if you arn't comfortable returning because you don't feel your shoudler is at 100% don't.

any chest movement will place massive amounts of stress on shoulder (and pecs, and tricep, and lats), so if you arn't 100% you're only asking for injuries coming back.
    Booo

Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    some excellent advise already given...myself, i was off for 4 months from *any* workouts, about 6 months off from chest, due to shoulder tendonitis.

if working out chest bothers it, for the most part, stop. for me, time was really the only thing that helped...not the PT, working out w/ bands, etc. once you get back into it, you MUST do rc building exercises, the best *by far* being, cuban rotations, but that was me.

good luck and ease into it very slowly paying very close attn: to your body's signs and signals -

also, for now, I only do db bench, no bb at all as it forces the stabalizers to come into play -
    .....insert clever sig here.....