Cristina78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cristina78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cristina78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cristina78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cristina78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cristina78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cristina78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cristina78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cristina78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cristina78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cristina78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stott Pilates on Demand

We have Comcast's On Demand. Tonight we found Exercise TV. So, we watch Amazing Tone which is stott pilates. First, I want to say that this woman is one of the most annoying people on Earth. Second, this looks soooo hard!!!

So, they are laying on their sides, with a little ball in between their ankles, doing leg lifts. Doesn't sound hard, but they do it like 10 times and you can see all their muscles tensed. Holy cats! It looks so hard! And this is nothing compared to some of it!

Anyone ever do this?

pooklaroux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pilates is hard

Pilates does do amazing things for you. It totally revamped my posture in 3 mos. My Pilates instructor is a ballet dancer who took up Pilates when she got injured. Now she's back to NY and dancing again, so she's not here in Ohio teaching Pilates anymore. Oh do I miss her!

I only did a little mat pilates -- modified hundred etc. We used a reformer -- OMG -- that machine makes you work! It doesn't matter where you start from -- it gets you right where you need it. I don't think you could or should do pilates as your only discipline, but I think everyone ought to try it seriously at least once.

If the isometrics part of Pilates is what is attracting you -- check out t-tapp www.t-tapp.com. Don't listen to all the hype on the t-tapp site -- just look at the exercises -- there's free videos that show some of the exercises, and a book and some dvd's.
    If you need to kick yourself in the pants, then do it. But there are much easier ways to get cardio.

Registered User litlfalafelgirl's Avatar
    litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I love pilates. this is the first time i can feel my ab muscles, well, ever, even when i was actually a skinny kid! My class is a combination body sculpting with bands and regular pilates.

I also have on demand comcast (a huge rip off monopoly but that's a rant for another day). i've done some of the pilates but i like using the moves from class better. i do the cardio/aerobics stuff instead. I like the cardio boot camp and there was another longer one that used weights but I can't remember what it was called. Have you ever tried the walking classes? I haven't yet, but i wonder how they work considering it is tv.

shasha242 is not very well liked. (-100) shasha242 is not very well liked. (-100) shasha242 is not very well liked. (-100) shasha242 is not very well liked. (-100) shasha242 is not very well liked. (-100) shasha242 is not very well liked. (-100) shasha242 is not very well liked. (-100) shasha242 is not very well liked. (-100) shasha242 is not very well liked. (-100) shasha242 is not very well liked. (-100) shasha242 is not very well liked. (-100)

pilates anytime is better

Pilates Anytime is awesome and only 18$/mo
    Originally Posted by Cristina78 View Post
    We have Comcast's On Demand. Tonight we found Exercise TV. So, we watch Amazing Tone which is stott pilates. First, I want to say that this woman is one of the most annoying people on Earth. Second, this looks soooo hard!!!

So, they are laying on their sides, with a little ball in between their ankles, doing leg lifts. Doesn't sound hard, but they do it like 10 times and you can see all their muscles tensed. Holy cats! It looks so hard! And this is nothing compared to some of it!

Anyone ever do this?

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can train for it by lying on your side and lifting both legs at the same time off the ground. Then work up to adding the weighted ball. Actually works the obliques more than the legs.

Pilates will kick your a@$. Many haters here but it is a full body workout. Does not add mass though, if that's what you are after
    Under Construction.