bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Deltiod problems

Hey everyone im new to this site but not new to lifting... Decided to join here to maybe improve my goals... I have been working out for about 3 years but seriously working out to get big for about 1 year.

I have a problem with increasing the size of my delts. I do all the necessary excercises. Military shoulder press 135 x 12 reps. DB shoulder press 70lbs x 12 reps. Lateral raises 25 lbs x 12 reps and foward raises the same...

In the past 6 months i increased dramatically in the amount of weight i lift but i dont see much results in the size of my shoulders compared to my biceps, chest, back etc... Is there something im missing?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bgDIESEL View Post
    Hey everyone im new to this site but not new to lifting... Decided to join here to maybe improve my goals... I have been working out for about 3 years but seriously working out to get big for about 1 year.

I have a problem with increasing the size of my delts. I do all the necessary excercises. Military shoulder press 135 x 12 reps. DB shoulder press 70lbs x 12 reps. Lateral raises 25 lbs x 12 reps and foward raises the same...

In the past 6 months i increased dramatically in the amount of weight i lift but i dont see much results in the size of my shoulders compared to my biceps, chest, back etc... Is there something im missing?
    Have you tried experimenting with different repetition ranges?

Here's some more exercises to choose from:
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1151810
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=560324
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ShouldWt.html
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bgDIESEL View Post

90% of the time, people who do "shoulder" exercises rarely use shoulders. Most lean back and incline press it, or pump their arms straight up and down using mostly triceps. Even laterals most people do wrong.

Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    your form could be off try really focus on pushing the weight with your shoulders and nothing else. REally muscle the weight the shoulders and nothing else.. also incline bench hits the shoulders well..decline bench...dips ...pull ups all workouts that are good for other muslces but good for the deltoids as well.
    MAX FITS CREW

xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Like others have already said, form is more important with shoulder work than any other muscle group. Reduce the weight and really concentrate on form for a couple weeks until you are 100% positive that your shoulders are doing the bulk of the work. Then up the weight to your normal sets.
    5' 8" 178 - Cutting

Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bmburton34 View Post
    your form could be off try really focus on pushing the weight with your shoulders and nothing else. REally muscle the weight the shoulders and nothing else.. also incline bench hits the shoulders well..decline bench...dips ...pull ups all workouts that are good for other muslces but good for the deltoids as well.
    Most people will find that without direct stimulation to the deltoids, it will not grow. With that being said, you need to really focus as other said on using the shoulders as opposed to other muscle groups to train the delts. When doing a side lateral, keep the elbows up, with the thumbs pointing slightly down, elbows have a slight bend in them, and focus on pushing your elbows out with the side delts. Remember it's a raise, not a swing, so don't use momentum. On the last couple reps (close to failure) using relatively good form is fine, but keep it as good as possible. Swinging it up will most likely do nothing for the muscle, but potentially injure it.

P.O.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P.O.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P.O.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P.O.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P.O.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P.O.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P.O.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P.O.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P.O.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P.O.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P.O.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i agree reduce the weight, do plenty side laterals and rear delt work too, make sure u actaully feel the delt working.