baptism has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baptism has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baptism has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

working each major muscle twice a week? good or bad?

I have heard both, currently i work each major muscle once a week except i never bench, incline and decline on the same day, i spread those out over my 3 day lifting period. I do chest with bench, legs with incline, and back/shoulders with decline. I was reading the arnold encyclopedia to weight lifting and he said over a six day period for beginners you should go day 1. chest 2. legs 3. shoulders/back 4 chest 5 legs 6 shoulders/back doing abs on every day. i'm pretty sure tahts how it goes i dont realyl feel like looking it up, but is that smart, or is sticking to the way im going the right way?

Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if i understand your flat, incline, decline thing correctly....that's rediculous...utterly rediculous. And as far as training twice a week goes...it's a good thing if you do it the right way, and it's a bad thing if you do it the wrong way. If ur interested in working each muscle group twice a week, look into dogg crapp's training methods, and dfht....and you might wanna consider getting rid of arnold's book....or atleast never reading it ever again. Peace
    REPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD

EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    While I wouldn't recommend getting training advice out of Arnold's Encyclopedia, higher frequency can definately be better than low frequency if you're sure to plan it out well (and much worse if you don't). If you want to learn more about high frequency splits, read up on HST and DFHT.

baptism has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baptism has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baptism has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    explain how or why exactly you think it's rediculous?

Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by baptism
    explain how or why exactly you think it's rediculous?
    i don't know if i'm reading you right 100%...but by saying decline and incline, you mean presses don't you? As in, on leg day you do an incline press, and on back day, you do a decline press?
    REPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD

yeah, i don't really want to do them all on the same day, i tried it but i could never really tell how good of a workout i was getting because a fter the first one i was a lready hurting, so i spread them out, should i do them all in the same day?

pimster987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pimster987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pimster987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pimster987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pimster987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pimster987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pimster987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pimster987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pimster987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pimster987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pimster987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nm
    Last edited by pimster987; 12-26-2003 at 07:22 PM.

to clarify on day one i bench press, on day two i incline press along with working legs legs, on day three i decline press along with shoulders and back then the other four days are rest
    Last edited by baptism; 12-26-2003 at 07:23 PM.

by the way what i do is a slight variation of the bigger faster stronger program that our strength coach has us all do

Originally posted by baptism
    yeah, i don't really want to do them all on the same day, i tried it but i could never really tell how good of a workout i was getting because a fter the first one i was a lready hurting, so i spread them out, should i do them all in the same day?
    First of all, you don't HAVE to do incline, flat, and decline. If you feel just doing flat works out your chest enough, just do flat. If your program is set up to work everything once a week....why would you be working chest 3? You're giving it no time to recover at all. Definately do NOT do it as you are. Peace
    REPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD