Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NastyNate- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by paradox_nz View Post
    will i think that my dream to be bulky will never become true since i cant consume the most important supplement in this sport .

I am sure that i am not lactose tolerant since I can eat all the dairy products without any problems and i never experienced any problems with them in the past.

I also had diarrhea with whey protein i forget to mention that above .

just wondering Dr P can u please give me some brand names for WPI products. thank u .

and regarding to the AAc i have learned from another source that they are made form casein which is not good for overweight people ?

at the mean time i am taking L glutamine with a 5g dose believe it or not this also caused a bit of discomfort as well but no diarrhea and much less when i take only one whey protein shack.

I ask someone about these symptoms and he said that they are completely normal . but for me i cant countine using whey and live a miserables life .
    hahahahaha dude, not being able to drink certain kinds of protein aint going to stop you from getting huge! If you have the will, there is a way. most pros hardly even drink shakes! almost all their nutrients come from WHOLE FOODS. take that into consideration.

Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GQPoker View Post
    I won't pretend to know about the chemistry of different proteins, etc. However, on a personal note I actually had my physician take me off of soy products. I am allergic to casein protein and am lactose intolerant (there goes milk) and I am very allergic to peanuts. In December of 08 I found soynut butter and soy milk, and these took care of my milk and peanut cravings. I was consuming approximately 30 g a day of soy protein from these products and nothing else. Mind you, I am a very healthy eater and work out regularly. By May of 09 by body was a car wreck. I had put on approximately 20 lbs of fat, I was in full-blown depression, had lost my sex drive, and, needless to say, my testosterone levels had tanked. Luckily, my doctor had heard of a similar case and he had me take the soy products out of my diet. It took me about five months before my body had returned to normal. THE SOY WAS THE ONLY CHANGES THAT TOOK PLACE TO MY DIET THE ENTIRE TIME. I'm not big on supplements, I don't make big changes to my diet, I don't take medication. There was no other explanation other than the soy.

This is just a personal story. I don't know chemistry, etc. I don't bash soy products, I hope they work wonders for other people. However, I have to stay away from them unless I want to channel my inner Boy George...

that sounds like a pretty extreme reaction if it was indeed from the soy protein

Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rbdwarf View Post
    Wasn't the Trytophan problem in the 80s a result of the unintended amino acid byproduct from GMOs? Or am I rembering it wrong?

--
    Rob

no that was different

they made the tryptophan by fermentation using some microbes that somehow also made a very poisonous impurity. these microbes were not genetically modified

Originally Posted by -NastyNate- View Post
    hahahahaha dude, not being able to drink certain kinds of protein aint going to stop you from getting huge! If you have the will, there is a way. most pros hardly even drink shakes! almost all their nutrients come from WHOLE FOODS. take that into consideration.

most pros dont have real jobs so they can afford to make and eat whole foods all day. the rest of us sometimes need to resort to shakes

HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000)
    The reason I started looking into soy protein was to counteract a rise in my cholesterol which I attributed to some cheap whey protein w/ around 60mgs cholesterol per scoop. I was attracted to the soy because it contains zero cholesterol.

Luckily I researched some more and found All The Whey's Fat Free Protein which contains >1 mg cholesterol, and its still Whey!

I will not be buying soy... I'm not sure how much I belive the 'side effects' but I'm glad I have found an alternative

I called All the Whey & they said they do a micro-filtration on it that removes a lot of the lactose and corresponing fats & cholestrol.
    If your lactose intolerant you may want to give it a try

(no company rep)
    Last edited by HumpStrap; 02-03-2010 at 11:50 AM.
    Yep

LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    most pros dont have real jobs so they can afford to make and eat whole foods all day. the rest of us sometimes need to resort to shakes
    SMARTEST THING I READ ON THIS SITE IN YEARS.

Truth is hard to ignore.

med74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) med74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by paradox_nz View Post
    as i had many problems with the whey protein as bloating, gas , discomfort even thought i am not lactose intolerant . i learned that soy could be a good alternative but as i said i am a bit hesitant to try it becouse of the estrogen issue . if i take amino acids is that enough or protein is essential???? .
    Ultimate Nutrition protein isolate would be good for ya. Wheat protein, no lactose, and its mad cheap...flavor isnt great though

noendman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

i have been taking soy isolate (30gr/day) for about a month now. i read about it before buying, but no major side effects occured to me. today i searched about it on bb.com and found several articles: many pros, many cons. i just don't understand why these articles aren't filtered: the first one said that, generally, it is good for bodybuilders, but the 2nd one thought otherwise. I just don't know what to believe anymore. some pieces of advice? please...

dreamintree is on a distinguished road. (+10) dreamintree is on a distinguished road. (+10) dreamintree is on a distinguished road. (+10) dreamintree is on a distinguished road. (+10) dreamintree is on a distinguished road. (+10) dreamintree is on a distinguished road. (+10) dreamintree is on a distinguished road. (+10) dreamintree is on a distinguished road. (+10) dreamintree is on a distinguished road. (+10) dreamintree is on a distinguished road. (+10) dreamintree is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DRP7 View Post
    if you can get a "isoflavone-free" soy protein isolate, you wouldn't need to fear any pro-estrogenic effects.
    PA, is this an accurate statement?
    Supps:
    -SciVation Xtend
    -Animal Flex
    -NOW ADAM
    -Neogenix Velocity XT
    -Lean Xtreme
    -CreaDyl
    -NO Beta

user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Jesus!

Originally Posted by afranczyk View Post
    Your body doesn't utilize the DNA from other organisms (no incorporation). So GMO's are safe.
    I almost couldn't believe I was reading this I mean the ignorance, as a studying dietitian I already have a good mind to fight every advancement of GMO in our culture I mean honestly I'm just gonna shut up

LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I avoid soy protiens- many better options to take

Exclamation

Originally Posted by LOWTESTOSTERONE View Post
    I avoid soy protiens- many better options to take
    soy protein is absorbed faster than any other protein. if mixed with water it has good anabolic proprieties. moreover, the price allows you to buy more thus increasing the amount of protein you are taking. as all the proteins do, it has certain drawbacks, but this is what i am trying to find out: do these drawbacks outnumber the advantages?

Originally Posted by noendman View Post
    soy protein is absorbed faster than any other protein. if mixed with water it has good anabolic proprieties. moreover, the price allows you to buy more thus increasing the amount of protein you are taking. as all the proteins do, it has certain drawbacks, but this is what i am trying to find out: do these drawbacks outnumber the advantages?
    NO.

Whey, Milk, and EGG. Protien is cheap enough... screw SOY. It's for girls.

HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000)
    NO.

Whey, Milk, and EGG. Protien is cheap enough... screw SOY. It's for girls.
    Exactly! After buying some cheap protein (and dealing w/ the consequenses) I will gladly spend a couple of bucks more for quality!

cheap protein = $14 for 2 lbs
    Good Protein = $18 for 2 lbs

A rise in my chloestrol levels to save $4 is not worth it.
    Yep

Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    that sounds like a pretty extreme reaction if it was indeed from the soy protein
    I read about a guy who started taking higher doses and grew some C cup breasts... from SOY

Originally Posted by dreamintree View Post
    PA, is this an accurate statement?
    yes, isoflavones are responsible for the estrogenic effects.

supposing i want to shift from soy isolate to whey in about 2 weeks (for the time being i do not have the necessary money): is there any risk/ major change (in the bad way) that i might notice after the 2 months of soy?
    giving up now, to soy protein, would mean 2 weeks with no protein supplements, considering the fact that my programme does not allow me to keep a steady protein-based diet.

as lowtestestosteron said, i noticed some changes, but i definitely don't have C cups or huge pectorals. on the supersite, an article stated that these changes appear only when eating high quantities of soy as a natural vegetable. furthermore, when buying soy isolate, the protein is filtrated so as not to contain any traces of substances that could increase estrogen levels.

looking forward to receiving your replies.

supposing i want to shift from soy isolate to whey in about 2 weeks (for the time being i do not have the necessary money): is there any risk/ major change (in the bad way) that i might notice after the 2 months of soy?
    giving up now, to soy protein, would mean 2 weeks with no protein supplements, considering the fact that my programme does not allow me to keep a steady protein-based diet.

as lowtestestosteron said, i noticed some changes, but i definitely don't have C cups or huge pectorals. on the supersite, an article stated that these changes appear only when eating high quantities of soy as a natural vegetable. furthermore, when buying soy isolate, the protein is filtrated so as not to contain any traces of substances that could increase estrogen levels.

looking forward to receiving your replies.

just cut back on the Soy-- take it once in a while untill what you have is gone. Don't waste it- but yes- eating higher amounts leads to increased side effects.

A little soy protien won't kill you- but high amounts everyday certainly can effect your estrogen and body.

just cut back on the Soy-- take it once in a while untill what you have is gone. Don't waste it- but yes- eating higher amounts leads to increased side effects.

A little soy protien won't kill you- but high amounts everyday certainly can effect your estrogen and body.
    thanks a lot for your advice.

thanks a lot for your advice.
    No prob,

For males I think the standard is WHEY protien- and one thing I notice is my immune system seems stronger when I take WHEY. I have not been sick in 2 years- not even a cold. I work with the public and people.. constantly sick around me. I truely believe that WHEY, BCAA's, Glutamine- and proper excersise+ diet + sleep are why. There is no doubt.

Before I started working out again- I was sick and tired often. I went from 25% BF to 10% BF and never felt better or younger in my life.

I am about 14-15% now and the cut starts FEB 15TH