█♣█ Made in Canada JayRR2Killaloe's Avatar
    JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool High Fat, High Protein, Low Carbs

Hey y'all,

im going on the keto diet in march...i've got a small list started of some of the stuff that i could be inhaling...what other foods are high in fat and protein and very low in carbs??? thanx...peace...
    Last edited by Jay@RR2Killaloe; 12-25-2003 at 08:12 PM.
    Even the longest journey's starts with a first step...

NBTno1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey, I keto'd from the end of january 2003 til mid april 2003, and hell it worked pretty well but first I have to warn you about the brain fog you'll get. Food that you should look into for keto (and I cut about 10 lb in that time frame I mentioned) are chicken (if you need something to go with it use mustard), lean beef (93 % lean), whey protein that is high in protein and low in carb, any other high protein low carb RTD (ready to drink) shake for on the go, and that's about it.....lean turkey if you can get any along with LIGHT whole wheat bread if you need it. Make sure you go around 30-40 grams of carbs for a day, but not 1 gram over 50 or else its ruined. The brain fog will come around your 2nd day and eventually you'll get used it, its mainly just like a cloud in your mind that you can't focus on anything and will forget the dumbest things. I.E. I was a senior in high school when I KETO'd that past winter/early spring, and I took a test and got a 100, yet I wrote NAME since the teacher said "write your name in the upper left hand corner of the paper soon as you get it"....dumbass stuff like that. Along with that you might wake up and not be sure of what day of the week it is in the beginning of the cycle, you might forget your morning routine if you have one, and thats about it....just stuff you might wanna look out for. And finally, find a cycle for keto you like, like try to have 1-2 carb up days in your week where you have a good amount of good carbohydrates (whole wheat bread, milk) to replenish the glycogen you lose during keto. Good luck!
    THERE IS NO FINISH LINE!

JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50) JayRR2Killaloe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lmao, thxs NBTno1...

the test thing...classic...i was aware of the brain fog and everything and i think i can deal with it...btw during your keto phase, did u do any cardio? i was thinking of starting a HITT program when i begin my cut. another quick question, when did u take in your carbs, did u load up b4 a workout/cardio session or after? im aware of the carb-up days... and one more thing (sorry..)when on keto did u shell out $$$ for ketostix? i guess it would be a good investment so u can guage your progress??? yes/no...thanx man...im printing our your reply as i type this...i appreciate it...peace

USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am going to say that I don't really recommend any type of ketogenic diet unless you are in the last stages of getting prepared for a competition. It just isn't healthy. Lowering carbohydrates is fine, but drastically reducing them and greatly increasing fat intake is just silly in my opinion. If you ask me, i think that any sound diet including relatively high protein, moderate/lower carbs and moderate fat is enough to get anyone cut. Make that protein come from the highest quality sources including fish, eggs, poultry and beef. Carbs should come from grains, oats, fresh fruits and vegetables. Your fats should come from olive oil, flaxseed oil and other unsaturated fats found in fish and nuts. You can go through with the keto diet if you wish, but this is just a thought. This diet leaves you feeling just fine, no brain fog or some ridiculous **** like that.
    Allen

bebasshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    USMuscle9403 I am going to say that I don't really recommend any type of ketogenic diet unless you are in the last stages of getting prepared for a competition. It just isn't healthy. Lowering carbohydrates is fine, but drastically reducing them and greatly increasing fat intake is just silly in my opinion. If you ask me, i think that any sound diet including relatively high protein, moderate/lower carbs and moderate fat is enough to get anyone cut. Make that protein come from the highest quality sources including fish, eggs, poultry and beef. Carbs should come from grains, oats, fresh fruits and vegetables. Your fats should come from olive oil, flaxseed oil and other unsaturated fats found in fish and nuts. You can go through with the keto diet if you wish, but this is just a thought. This diet leaves you feeling just fine, no brain fog or some ridiculous **** like that.
    Allen
    Couldn't have said it better MYSELF! KETO for a short term fix is ok, but its not realy something that is healthy for you to stick with on a long term basis. Healthy, balanced diet is the way to go IMO.

Brian
    "TRY NOT....DO....or DO NOT....there is no try" (Yoda)

"Nothing good comes easily"

"It matters not how slowly one goes, so long as they do not stop" (Confucious)

nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    some people on this forum are on keto year round.
    Short-term Pain, Long term Gain.

Originally posted by nybble
    some people on this forum are on keto year round.
    thxs for all ur opinions guyz...i've just been aching to give the keto thing a try (maybe it's my stubborn attitude..lol) for the longest time. some of the artices i've read on the forum sound legit for the most part. in regards to ppl being on it full time, i read a post from a gentleman who sang it's praises and practiced it year round by the name of 'fitnessman'...
    <http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...threadid=24641> besides his opinion, alot of other ppl have said it has given them positive results and minimum muscle loss...am i succumbing to the hype? ...thanx guys...peace...

bebasshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh I didn't say some people weren't on it year round...BUT...facts are facts....excess protein leads to ketone buildup in the body...which leads to the body excreting them through urea.....which leads to extra stress on the kidneys. Granted, no study has really been done for a LONG period of time on a KETO diet, and when I mean a LONG period, I mean 5years+....but I just wouldn't recommend it to someone looking to lose, and continue it throughout the year.

Brian
    "TRY NOT....DO....or DO NOT....there is no try" (Yoda)

"Nothing good comes easily"

"It matters not how slowly one goes, so long as they do not stop" (Confucious)