Registered User tatortotajigalo's Avatar
    tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000)

how much weight can knee wraps add to max squats??

j/w??

anyone have any ideas?

what is the range?
    Owner of Southern Style Trucks - Houston, Texas.
    Let me know if you need any after market accessories for your vehicle of any make/model and I will let you know if I can get it. We're also a diesel performance and repair facility.

UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am not really sure if there is a standard but I would say anywhere from 20-60 lbs would be average.

babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    what the hell? 20-60lbs he asked about knee wraps not a fire hose

ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i get about 20kg out of a good pair of inzer knee wraps.

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by babyslayer View Post
    Thats pretty much what you can expect depending on what kind of wraps you use and how tight they go. You ever use wraps before?

aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i get at least 50+ outta mine..
    Goals for April Meet
    500Sq
    400B
    550D
    1450 total

Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In my opinion...just an opinion, wraps are artificial strength. I would never use them, but if you really want to, only do it when u max or parts of your legs probably wont get as strong beause they grow dependent on them. I use to wear a belt when squatting every time, I tried once without it and my lower back has gotten much stronger since then. If you lift competitvely, nothing is more satisfying then seeing a guy wrap for 5 min, miss his lift, then you go up and do it without anything at all. However if your sqatting serious weight (500+) wraps might be used just as a safety issue to brace your legs.

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Arturus View Post
    In my opinion...just an opinion, wraps are artificial strength. I would never use them, but if you really want to, only do it when u max or parts of your legs probably wont get as strong beause they grow dependent on them. I use to wear a belt when squatting every time, I tried once without it and my lower back has gotten much stronger since then. If you lift competitvely, nothing is more satisfying then seeing a guy wrap for 5 min, miss his lift, then you go up and do it without anything at all. However if your sqatting serious weight (500+) wraps might be used just as a safety issue to brace your legs.
    You are a stud.

ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000)

do you lift competively? or is this what you've imagined in your head?
    Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142931161

UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UFpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by babyslayer View Post
    If you are not getting atleast 20lbs from them, then you are not wrapping them tight enough.

UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If my lower leg isn't going numb, my handler isn't wrapping them tight enough.
    http://www.thewarehousegym.net/ - PL/SM gym on the South Side of Houston owned by Dr. Zach McVey

Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Next time you have a thought, just let it go.
    Hilarious. philhyp calls me fat, but has the same size waist at 30lbs lighter.

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I agree...belts and knee wraps could add 50-75 lbs to someone's max. Is it actually due to their strength? No! It's because they are effectively cheating. "oh, it's to prevent injury" Well if you can't lift the weight without injuring yourself, then don't lift the weight. And if you can't lift the weight without using a 4" ROM, a squat suit, belt, and knee wraps...then you CAN'T really lift the weight.

Now this is just my opinion.

aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by smj5351 View Post
    I agree...belts and knee wraps could add 50-75 lbs to someone's max. Is it actually due to their strength? No! It's because they are effectively cheating. "oh, it's to prevent injury" Well if you can't lift the weight without injuring yourself, then don't lift the weight. And if you can't lift the weight without using a 4" ROM, a squat suit, belt, and knee wraps...then you CAN'T really lift the weight.

haha how do all of the threads just MENTIONING any piece of gear get turned into this BS.

If you dont compete or you lift raw, then thats cool, dont use the stuff..
    Cuz OBVIOUSLY people who squat 800+ in gear have no real strength
    Goals for April Meet
    500Sq
    400B
    550D
    1450 total

"oh, it's to prevent injury" Well if you can't lift the weight without injuring yourself, then don't lift the weight.
    Revisit this topic in 25 years and see if you feel the same way about wraps. If you are even lifting at that age.

ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000)

I will have injuries throughout my lifting career because I participate in a sport called powerlifting and I always push the envelope over my capabilities, no matter what I'm wearing.

If you are not a competitive lifter than you're opinion on the matter is in no way from a powerlifters standpoint.

I don't know you or what level you lift at, but it sounds like you're confusing gym lifts with what is done on the platform. this is the POWERLIFTING forum, after all.
    Training Journal:

ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Indeed the topic of raw vs gear can be debated and beat on...everyone has their own opinion.... but the fact remains that we're all in the sport of powerlifting because we love it and brings us gratification...and I think whether gear is used or not, respect should be given for the amount of work and sacrifice it takes to actually get out on the platform and perform....thats my .02
    Do not fear the weights, let the weights fear you

Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arturus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ArchDukeOfTops View Post
    do you lift competively? or is this what you've imagined in your head?
    I do lift competitively in the state of kansas and was 4A state champion this year in bench. I benched 300 lbs weighing in at 164 lbs. Im willing to post my entire meet results, or a picture of me wearing my medals if youd like. Like most peoples answers, mine is just an opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt. Im not here to start fights, but I was always coached that if you cant do it aide free, your not doing it.
    Last edited by Arturus; 03-29-2007 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Edit: and I did lose at State in squat by about the amount the people are saying wraps add. The guy who won did use wraps

enforcer237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enforcer237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enforcer237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enforcer237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enforcer237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enforcer237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) enforcer237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To answer the original question.....I get 50-60 lbs out of my Titan Titanium wraps.I belt for anything over 365 and wrap when the weight gets over 455. At 42 my knees and back need the support.

My thoughts the geared vs raw argument. I don't know much about golf but I do know who Tiger Woods is. Since I know almost nothing about golf I assume he is one of the best in the sport. Now I'm sure that he uses the very best clubs and balls that money can buy and that everything is custom made for his style/form. Does the gear Mr. Woods uses make him a great golfer? Probably not. If he were to play with a used set of $100 Wal-mart clubs he would probably still be a great golfer. Its just that his custom clubs make him even better. I believe that the top geared powerlifters would still be great lifters w/out gear too.

Just my $.02.
    Big guys squat...deep, nuff said.

I do lift competitively in the state of kansas and was 4A state champion this year in bench. I benched 300 lbs weighing in at 164 lbs. Im willing to post my entire meet results, or a picture of me wearing my medals if youd like. Like most peoples answers, mine is just an opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt. Im not here to start fights, but I was always coached that if you cant do it aide free, your not doing it.
    go to a couple big meets and you may change your mind. A bad ass is a bad ass no matter what they are wearing, and there are plenty of strong mofo's out there.
    Training Journal:

alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50) alucidinterval will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by enforcer237 View Post
    My thoughts the geared vs raw argument. I don't know much about golf but I do know who Tiger Woods is. Since I know almost nothing about golf I assume he is one of the best in the sport. Now I'm sure that he uses the very best clubs and balls that money can buy and that everything is custom made for his style/form. Does the gear Mr. Woods uses make him a great golfer? Probably not. If he were to play with a used set of $100 Wal-mart clubs he would probably still be a great golfer. Its just that his custom clubs make him even better. I believe that the top geared powerlifters would still be great lifters w/out gear too.

Just my $.02.
    QFT

Originally Posted by ArchDukeOfTops View Post
    go to a couple big meets and you may change your mind. A bad ass is a bad ass no matter what they are wearing, and there are plenty of strong mofo's out there.
    Perhaps, I guess it comes down to how bad I want to win. Eventually it may be neccessary to keep up, but for now I prefer my way. I was told they would only raise a max like 15 lbs, if its as much as people are saying its incredible lol. Were talking about the wraps that other guys wrap so tight around his legs he can barely walk right?

Also, you get to feel like more of a badass if you beat the guys wearing the wraps. :P
    Current Bench as of 10/7/08:
    Bench 435@200 lb.

WABDL World Champion 2008 198 lb. class:
    Bench Press 402.2
    1st teen 18-19 division
    Kansas record holder

WABDL Southwestern Champion 198 lb. class:
    Bench Press 397
    1st teen 18-19 division
    3rd mens class one
    1st overall teen lifter
    2 Kansas state records at 397 lbs at 192 weight.

WABDL Championships at Houston:
    Bench Press 385
    1st teen 18-19
    2nd mens class one

Kansas 4A State Champion 165 lb. weight class (raw):
    Bench:300

NJmalibu313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJmalibu313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJmalibu313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJmalibu313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJmalibu313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJmalibu313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJmalibu313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJmalibu313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJmalibu313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJmalibu313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJmalibu313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wraps dont add much if anyting if you good morning the weight up like I do. I have squatted 405 w/ wraps, and 405 raw w/ belt LOL. Still working on form though.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    believe it or not I have heard powerlifters SWEAR they get 100# out of a good set, lol

you would think a narrow stance guy would get more out of them since he'd generally have more knee bend
    Last edited by John Prophet; 03-29-2007 at 07:16 PM.
    "Humility comes before honor"

Perhaps, I guess it comes down to how bad I want to win. Eventually it may be neccessary to keep up, but for now I prefer my way. I was told they would only raise a max like 15 lbs, if its as much as people are saying its incredible lol. Were talking about the wraps that other guys wrap so tight around his legs he can barely walk right?

Also, you get to feel like more of a badass if you beat the guys wearing the wraps. :P

lol, I can't disagree with that

I did my first meet ever raw, and I still train my raw strength. I actually barely put on gear when I'm not training for a meet.

I jumped the shark though when it comes to competing. I wear single ply (just started trying to learn a DD shirt), and I still feel like I'm bringing a knife to a gun fight in a non tested double ply fed. Its funny having a guy beat you by 75-100 lbs on squats when you were blowing him up in the warmup room. Unfortunatley thats just the game. My goal is to be competitive in any meet.

If you wanna check out a great lifter in your weight class do some searching on wade hooper. Multiple time IPF champion (uses all single ply). He just hit an 804 squat in training. Watch some of his raw and suited videos and you'll see what I'm talking about. He's just a bad ass period
    Training Journal: