Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Slavic Hammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Kava Kava Question,which is the "good"stuff..

I am going to buy some Kava Kava, everyone says that the extract is the only on ethat works. Does anyone have a brand that works, and in what form is it the best?tea,liquigels,liquid,etc?
    I would appreciate any info, because all the herbal stores and websites have like, 50 brands of Kava Kava, and I hear most of it is crap, and you need to find the right kind.

Happy Holidays!!!
    6'4"

pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000)
    Anything over 30% extract, high kavalacatones.

The tea works best IMO. I use the Yogi brand.

Thanks,pogue. I'll check it out.
    6'4"

Sir Foxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sir Foxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sir Foxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sir Foxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor"

"I don't which is worse, that everyone has a price or that the price is always so low"--Hobbes

"To live is to suffer, to survive, well, that is to find meaning in the suffering"

"Give me the strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference"--Calvin

"That which is behind me, does not matter"

"I am the Path, not the Ride"

skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    BAC 30% powder works for me. All the other brands I've tried have been worthless. Fairly large dosages as a tea works well for me (for "recreational use"). For some reason it seems to work better if it has been boiled for a long time. But holy crap this stuff is bad tasting but it really works for "relaxation".
    Some people have a way with words. Other people not have way.

I went to the website where they sell the 84% kava lactone paste, and the 84% softgels. I guess if the tea and 30% is good, these are either BS hype, or they really can mellow you out. I just can't shake the feeling that anything that makes you feel "good",and I mean after-work forget-your-day brain-numbing good, would be banned or so regulated it would be illegal.
    6'4"

Prosauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Slavic Hammer
    I went to the website where they sell the 84% kava lactone paste, and the 84% softgels. I guess if the tea and 30% is good, these are either BS hype, or they really can mellow you out. I just can't shake the feeling that anything that makes you feel "good",and I mean after-work forget-your-day brain-numbing good, would be banned or so regulated it would be illegal.
    Poor civilian. You actually think your government cares about your health.

Go smoke some Salvia. That's legal too.
    I box, drink, and swear.

pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000)
    I believe it was banned at one point, or almost taken off the market. It has a low abuse potential because of most of the low quality products on the market.

I haven't tried anything over 50% but I assume it would be potent stuff.

Well, I wish the government would care a little less about my health, and let me buy what I want. It's not so much that they give a **** about our health, they don't. Some politician want to look good and get votes, and say "look what I did. I prevented people from becoming kava kava junkies!!!lolol"

Anyway, I'm going to try some of the 84% kava. Maybe it will actually be good.
    6'4"

PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Kava kava is crap.... takeitall you want but the truth is its crap IMO. Ive even smoked the high grade stuff and got only a a few minute buzz probably mostly placebo.

Well, that gives me opinions from both sides of the spectrum. Like almost every product,supplement,or whatever, I have heard opinions on this forum about every product I research ranging from "The best **** ever" to " It does nothing."

I guess the solution is, and always will be, if you want to find out if something works for you, YOU have to be the one who tries it and finds out for yourself.
    6'4"

PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100) PopTart6 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Well, that gives me opinions from both sides of the spectrum. Like almost every product,supplement,or whatever, I have heard opinions on this forum about every product I research ranging from "The best **** ever" to " It does nothing."

I guess the solution is, and always will be, if you want to find out if something works for you, YOU have to be the one who tries it and finds out for yourself.
    Listen....Ive heard about all this alternative high legal crap for a while and every single one I have done either gave a miserable high or gave too many side effects or IT DID NOTHING AT ALL. Kava falls in the latter.

Do what everyone else does Smoke marijuana or grab a beer. Don't waste your hard earned money on crap....I made that mistake myself.

That goes to my above point, anything that actually does or can get you high is banned or regulated anyway. I am always suspicious of products that promise a high or is "like ******". If it was that good, you know it would be banned. Nothing good can be obtained legally, except alcohol. The only reason **** like Salvia is legal is because the government hasn't gotten around to banning it yet. Plus, it doesn't even make you high.It's just something wierd that a few of my freinds have done, and they say it's "scary" or it's not even worth trying.

I will visit Amsterdam before I die, and smoke my face off with the best **** in the world, and go out and **** an 18 year old prostitute.
    6'4"

Sir Foxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sir Foxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sir Foxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sir Foxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Now thats the spirit!
    "Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor"

"I don't which is worse, that everyone has a price or that the price is always so low"--Hobbes

"To live is to suffer, to survive, well, that is to find meaning in the suffering"

"Give me the strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference"--Calvin

"That which is behind me, does not matter"

"I am the Path, not the Ride"

I love the USA, but sometimes it seems people are having more fun in other parts of the world, like Germany,the Netherlands,England, any where in the Carribean. The Carribean sounds like fun , smoke the weed, but just don't drink the water or eat the food!!LOLOL
    6'4"

Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Curious - has anyone tried this speicifc product? and if so, how powerful was it?

I've gone the kava route before, and has some Decent, but never anything great in the way of results.

Basically, is this worth another 20 buck trial run, or am I gonna be disappointed?

Thanks

Originally posted by Sir Foxx
    http://www.ethnobotanicals.com/Kava-kava.html
    Phi Phi K A
    Shoot me a PM if you know what I'm talking bout.

bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That goes to my above point, anything that actually does or can get you high is banned or regulated anyway. Nothing good can be obtained legally, except alcohol.

Ahh, but there are some very powerful substances locked away in perfectly legal "hosts". You just have to know where to look. I dont know about alcohol being any good though.

Kylixer, I am thinking of trying the potent Kava Kava (84%) on the website you listed. I figure I have spent much more than $20 on products that didn't work, so what's $20 more? I have a list of "feel good" products that I am going to try. They are-

Strong Kava Kava
    Gabatropin
    Theanine
    Neurogenex
    Deprenyl

If you have any reccomendations, please post them. Thanks!

As a "veteran" of recreational drug use, who ,due to employment,can no longer enjoy illegal substances and "herbal" enjoyment, I'm just looking for something besides alcohol,which I'm tired of, to get buzzed or high.

bts, if you have any good stuff I should try, that can be ordered online or from somewhere else, please......let me know.
    6'4"

Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Deoudes59 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by pogue
    Anything over 30% extract, high kavalacatones.

The tea works best IMO. I use the Yogi brand.
    pogue where do you purchase the brand you use?
    My 9 years of experience of successfully/unsuccessfully combating androgen-related hair loss.
    Professional, academic and personal sources and experience cited
    www.hairlossfromsteroids.com

Originally posted by Deoudes59
    pogue where do you purchase the brand you use?
    A local health food store, Whole Foods.

Also I found that Vitamin Shoppe has the Yogi brand.
    6'4"

macweisbeck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) macweisbeck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) macweisbeck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) macweisbeck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) macweisbeck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) macweisbeck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) macweisbeck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) macweisbeck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) macweisbeck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) macweisbeck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) macweisbeck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    weed does the trick for me

william_lee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That goes to my above point, anything that actually does or can get you high is banned or regulated anyway. I am always suspicious of products that promise a high or is "like ******". If it was that good, you know it would be banned. Nothing good can be obtained legally, except alcohol.
    While this is generally true, there are exceptions. Hawaiian Baby woodrose seeds are a good example of a substance that is easy to ingest with effects very similiar to LSD. I've also had decent results in the past with Kava powder mixed with lecithin and a high amount of fat. Granted, the kava doesn't compare to a pharmaceutical, but the woodrose definitely does.

skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by william_lee
    While this is generally true, there are exceptions. Hawaiian Baby woodrose seeds are a good example of a substance that is easy to ingest with effects very similiar to LSD. I've also had decent results in the past with Kava powder mixed with lecithin and a high amount of fat. Granted, the kava doesn't compare to a pharmaceutical, but the woodrose definitely does.
    Okay I'll bite, what does the lecithin and fat do to enhance the kava?
    Some people have a way with words. Other people not have way.

Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kylixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bumping my own question ^^^

Originally posted by Kylixer
    Curious - has anyone tried this speicifc product? and if so, how powerful was it?

I've gone the kava route before, and has some Decent, but never anything great in the way of results.

Basically, is this worth another 20 buck trial run, or am I gonna be disappointed?

Thanks
    Phi Phi K A

william_lee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by skinnyboy
    Okay I'll bite, what does the lecithin and fat do to enhance the kava?
    Well honestly, it's been awhile...Extracts and capsules weren't even around that much when I was using the powder (years ago). I don't have my sourcebooks on hand at the moment and haven't been able to dig anything like what I had up on the internet....

I will say that if memory serves me right the lecithin is included to help with emulsification, but I also believes it potentiates the effects of the active compounds. I always used it because people had reported such good results with it, and often negative ones without it (keep in mind this is with the powder). The fat is included to better get the active compounds into your bloodstream. Again, I haven't looked at the chemistry lately but I believe the active compounds are fat soluble. When it was taken by natives, the root was chewed first which definitely changed the chemistry due to saliva enzymes.

The particular recipe I used definitely worked, and involved throwing the powder, lecithin granules, and oil/water in a blender and blasting the **** out of it. The resultant drink while not particularly horrible tasting, has a texture similiar to loose puke. It wasn't much fun to drink, but there were real psychoactive effects that were quite pleasurable. Once I get my books over to my new digs, I will try to post a little more back up and background. I will say though, when I was using this stuff, everyone used fat and lecithin for good results. I'm not sure if it's necessary with the high grade extracts though.

Well, the one site mentioned above had a 84% paste, 83% capsules, and a 40something% powder. I would probably go for the paste, and try to make some kind of drink or strong tea out of it.I read somewhere that heat makes it more potent. I would think the pills would be a waste, but I could be wrong.

I would be almost certain that the crap in the "mood support" section of Vitamin Shoppe labeled Kava Kava is not effective, and is for people who don't care about the psychoactive effects, or don't know about stronger alternatives. Most of the negative feedback I have heard is probably from people who have used the cheap, weak Kava Kava found on the shelves of GNC or WalMart. It's kind of like St. John's Wort. 99% of the crap labeled "St. Joh's Wort" doesn't do a damn thing for you, except maybe "placebo" you into feeling better. But the expensive, high grade St. John's containing Hyperforin can cause documented mood increase after prolonged use.

I assume Kava Kava is kinda the same, people buy the cheap **** teas and pills, and say "it doesn't do ****." I am willing to spend $25 on 5 oz of paste, and find out for myself.
    6'4"

Let us know how it goes bro-

Well, the one site mentioned above had a 84% paste, 83% capsules, and a 40something% powder. I would probably go for the paste, and try to make some kind of drink or strong tea out of it.I read somewhere that heat makes it more potent. I would think the pills would be a waste, but I could be wrong.

I assume Kava Kava is kinda the same, people buy the cheap **** teas and pills, and say "it doesn't do ****." I am willing to spend $25 on 5 oz of paste, and find out for myself.
    Phi Phi K A

I will post my results.
    6'4"

opulence...i has it Sol Rosenberg's Avatar
    Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sol Rosenberg will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The good kava kava...

www.cieloherbals.com

The stronger variety is nearly raw form (almost just like wood chips) and has to be soaked in warm water before using in the blender. Go lightly on it, because it's strong stuff. They have some recipes on how to make it, and I can attest to the fact that it is by far the best quality brand I've found for relaxation and improving mood and sleep...and I've used many, many brands.

They also have capsules but I don't think they're quite as strong as making it yourself. Capsules would be much more convenient.