AF_COP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how did i do today?

im pretty new the the diet thing, however i eat pretty good already... almost 90% of the food i eat now on "diet" i eat daily anyway... i need to lose some BF% and get into better shape with cardio... but this is what i did today...

28 March 2007

0800 woke up and took 2 lipo 6 and drank a 1/2 liter of water

0900 ate a bannana and made my food for the day and 1/4 liter of water

1000-1100 hit the weight room drank 1/2 liter of water

rep X weight start heart rate - end heart rate

ab crunk machine

5X65 101-105
    10X95 105-125
    10X110 112-132
    10X110 114-138

Side oblique raises

10X30 120-145
    10X30 110-148
    10X30 99-156
    10X30 113 -154

Rev Pec Dec

10X85 120-147
    10X95 127-147
    10X95 117-147
    8X95 125-157

Shoulder PRess (Arnold press W/ Dumbbells)

10X45 117-162
    10X45 127-164
    10X45 127-172
    8X45 127-165

Incline sit ups

10 X body weight 127-155
    20 X BW 127-158
    17X BW 126-165
    9X BW 128-150

Front Raises

8X30 117-172
    9X30 130-161
    10X30 130-174
    8X35 126-172

1100-1200 Fat burn cardio on treadmill drank 1/2 liter of water

burnt 492 cal, distance 3.45 miles, in 61 mins and 31 sec at heart rate of 135 bpm

total workout time was 2 hrs 7 mins with a 135 bmp average

1200 pm sat in the sauna for 7 mins and relaxed

100pm drank a protien drink made with peanut butter, whey protein, yogurt, skim milk, bannanas, and strawberrys and took 2 more lipo 6 tabs (forgot my creatine at home today)

300pm 5 oz of tune wrapped in a wheat tortilla shell and 1/2 can of spinach w/ 1/2 liter of water

500pm one small salad (around the size of two hands fulls) with spinach leave, lettuce, carrots, and bananna pepper, and no dressing. w/ 1.2 liter of water

530pm two more lipo 6 tabs

700 pm yogurt and a handfull or walnuts

800pm turkey slices, one full size carrot, a hand fulls of walnuts w/ 1/2 liter of water

1030 pm 30 mins of cardio of heart rate around 170 bpm

1120pm 1/2 lb of cottage cheese and 1/2 liter of water

1145pm sleep

so what do you think? i am on track?

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    need a bigger breakfast. and im 99% sure you didn't even eat half of what you should have

onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Sibrek View Post
    need a bigger breakfast. and im 99% sure you didn't even eat half of what you should have
    agreed. you didn't post your calorie intake or macros but it looks like you are not eating enough. Lipo 6 doesn't count as food you know.
    I always rep back. (300+)

Riding on a ZX-10r SE 2007.

well i am trying to cut and keep the calories down... tomorrow im going to through in some chicken breast...

i didnt want a larger breakfast becuase i work out after i wake up, it was my understanding that if i eat before i workout then i would be using the sugars in my blood as fuel and not my fat stores. yes i know that once the sugars are burnt then the fat comes anyway, but with lower blood sugar before a workout then the more fat is burnt during the workout...

im not trying to build or bulk, i know how to eat for mass, ill try tomorrow and count out all the grams for everything and see where im at... you might be right about being a little low on proteins though...

jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lose the Lipo 6 if you're just starting out....

also, check out the Losing Fat forum...good stickies there.

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you eat too little your metabolism slows down making it harder to lose weight. Also, you burn muscle instead of fat. Do not do cardio on an empty stomach and do not eat too little.

onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    at your weight and level of activity your maitenence calories should be around 3200 what you ate looks like maybe 1500 cals. you only need to drop your calorie intake by 300-500 calories to cut not half.

Originally Posted by jay. View Post
    lose the Lipo 6 if you're just starting out....

also, check out the Losing Fat forum...good stickies there.
    no im not just starting out, just now getting serious... i could never get the diet down right though unless i was bulking... but thats easy...

but just for kicks, what are the reasons for losing the lipo 6?

Originally Posted by onelonglizard View Post
    at your weight and level of activity your maitenence calories should be around 3200 what you ate looks like maybe 1500 cals. you only need to drop your calorie intake by 300-500 calories to cut not half.
    you might be right, this is a meal plan that i thought up last night before i went to sleep, didnt really plan the details... ill try and plan it all out tonight and try again tomorrow..

i see that your cutting also, can i see your diet for the day so i can have something to go off of...

im acutally kinda happy i get to eat more...

jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AF_COP View Post
    im pretty new the the diet thing, however i eat pretty good already...
    well, i thought you were new to the "diet thing" according to this statement.

i say lose the Lipo 6 or any other fat burning supplement because you'll see improvement just by cleaning up your diet and getting in a good amount of cardio.

i believe it's better to use fat burners to get yourself over a plateau.

edit: i would suggest investing in BCAA's though. your workouts are long and you'll probably be dipping into a little muscle not to mention the release of cortisol. XF's ICE and Scivation's Xtend are a couple of BCAA supplements.

edit 2: as fat as your diet goes, it looks like you're seriously lacking in protein. also, just a note - try to omit fats post-workout (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=3088)
    Last edited by jay.; 03-28-2007 at 10:34 AM.

Originally Posted by Sibrek View Post
    If you eat too little your metabolism slows down making it harder to lose weight. Also, you burn muscle instead of fat. Do not do cardio on an empty stomach and do not eat too little.
    okay, so can i go back to how i used to do and have a myoplex protein shake before my workouts for breakfast?

real food is better. try oats and some egg whites pre-workout. if you're looking for something simpler, whey protein + apples are good.

meal 1 --1/2cp oats, 1 scoop protien, 1tbsp natty PB

meal 2 --8oz chicken breast, 2 whole eggs, 1cp broccoli

meal 3 --same as meal 2

meal 4 --same as meal 3

meal 5 -- some almonds piece of fruit, and 1 scoop ON whey, 1/2cp oats. (pre workout)

post workout -- 1 scoop ON whey(meal 6 is about 20-30min later.
    meal 6 -- some type of seafood(fish/shrimp) and a sweet potato, or maybe some mashed calliflower and potatoes(if you mix them about 1/2/1/2 they taste exactly like
    potatoes) I eat alot more calories this meal because my wife usually eats the same.

meal 7 --1/2cp CC, 1 scoop ON whey, 1/2cp wild blue berries

TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

meal 3 --same as meal 2

meal 4 --same as meal 3

meal 5 -- some almonds piece of fruit, and 1 scoop ON whey, 1/2cp oats. (pre workout)

meal 6 -- some type of seafood(fish/shrimp) and a sweet potato, or maybe some mashed calliflower and potatoes(if you mix them about 1/2/1/2 they taste exactly like
    potatoes) I eat alot more calories this meal because my wife usually eats the same.

i would change out hte protein in 1st and 7th meal to something lil longer lasting since whey is meant to be in and out of the system in 30-40min such as in a pwo protocol unless ur first shake is a blend of protein types
    "I'm the best there is at what I do,
    and what I do best isn't very nice."
    Steroids. My Anti-Drug!

The CC and PB should slow down the digestion enough.

TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaiBoxa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The CC and PB should slow down the digestion enough.
    nah.. it wont since its aready in liquid form and the aminos are utilized/absorbed in the stomache where as fat is processed later on. now if u have a fatty protein source like salmon yes the fat in that would slow the digestion down immensely.
    Steroids. My Anti-Drug!

Originally Posted by TaiBoxa View Post
    nah.. it wont since its aready in liquid form and the aminos are utilized/absorbed in the stomache where as fat is processed later on. now if u have a fatty protein source like salmon yes the fat in that would slow the digestion down immensely.
    Damn guess I'll have to get some casien. reps

Damn guess I'll have to get some casien. reps
    yeah i used to use casein and a egg/soy/casein blend protein and it worked but god.. i already spend close to 350-400bux a week on groceries so i just learned to eat it
    Steroids. My Anti-Drug!

bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I make a shake before bed...in it I put this...

1 cup cottage cheese
    1 cup water
    some blueberries and strawberries
    10mL flaxseed oil
    1 packet splenda

It turns out to be a liquid, but a fairly thick one. Is it gonna be absorbed fast too? Or does that only apply to whey?

meal 3 --same as meal 2

meal 4 --same as meal 3

ok, ill try something like this tomorrow... wish me luck..

Originally Posted by jay. View Post
    well, i thought you were new to the "diet thing" according to this statement.

i say lose the Lipo 6 or any other fat burning supplement because you'll see improvement just by cleaning up your diet and getting in a good amount of cardio.

i believe it's better to use fat burners to get yourself over a plateau.

edit: i would suggest investing in BCAA's though. your workouts are long and you'll probably be dipping into a little muscle not to mention the release of cortisol. XF's ICE and Scivation's Xtend are a couple of BCAA supplements.

edit 2: as fat as your diet goes, it looks like you're seriously lacking in protein. also, just a note - try to omit fats post-workout (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=3088)
    i eat pretty clean, but i see what you mean with the lipo... how can i omit fats post work out if i work out first thing in the morning?

Originally Posted by AF_COP View Post
    i eat pretty clean, but i see what you mean with the lipo... how can i omit fats post work out if i work out first thing in the morning?
    you can use this pre and post (though i'd remove the malto/dex pre-workout, but that's just my preference): whey + oats OR whey + dex/malto + oats.

ok sorry it took a few days to get around to posting this.. but this is that i ran the next day... so hows this look?

i drink around 6-8 liters of water and take 3 servings of lipo 6 through the day

meal 1
    1/2 cup of oatmeal (45 pre-workout)
    3 large eggs scrammbled with 1/2 cup mushrooms, jalapenos and 1/2 walnuts
    2 cups of skim milk

meal 2 (post workout)
    protein shake and bananna

meal 3
    chicken breast
    1/2 cann of spinach
    1 cup of brown rice
    1 slice of multi grain bread

meal 4
    chicken breast
    1/s can of green beans
    slice of multi grain bread
    1 cup if rice

meal 5
    5 oz tuna in a wheat tortella shell
    1 cup of green seedless grapes

meal 6
    chicken breast salad w/ spinach leaves, roman lettuce, banna peppers, and corn. NO DRESSING.

meal 7 (15-30 mins before bed)
    1/2 lb of cottage cheese