smith21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Carb cycling routine?

Hey Ladies!
    I am doing carb cycling and here is the routine. It fits my training routine as well. I just wanted to see if it was a good split!

Mon. High...Legs and shoulders
    Tues. No...HITT and abs
    Wed. Low...Chest and Tri's
    Thurs. No...HITT and abs
    Fri. High...Back and bi's
    Sat...low HITT and abs
    Sun. No...rest

Appreciate your advice!!!

RussianBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh....
    You should not do HIIT on a no carb day...
    By no carb, do you mean no direct carbs such as oats?

How about high/ med/ low??
    Anyway...

High - Upper and HIIT
    Med - Legs (maybe some add. cardio)
    Low - Cardio

smith21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah it is hard with no carbs. I didn't think about a high med low split. I could possibly do that. No carb days are no carbs other than what I get from my green veggies. How about switch legs&shoulders with Chest & Tri's. And no carb days with low carb days? High as in 250-300, Medium 150, and low 75-95 g...or lower? I do need to incorportate no carb days as it gets closer to me competing...hopefully in Aug. Thx!!

wildriver7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildriver7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildriver7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always lift and HIIT the day after my high carb day. I do my high carbs twice a week, in the evenings, and by the morning my muscles are primed with glycogen. I lift real heavy that same morning, then in the afternoon I do heavy cardio or HIIT. That's just twice a week.

The other days I do lower intensity, longer cardio.

This routine has allowed me to make tremendous gains.

For me, I've found from personal experience that lifting or doing HIIT on days when carbs are low just burns calories. It doesn't build or shape or tone my muscles. So I wait until the day after the high carbs, lift my butt off and later in the day I cardio like there's no tomorrow. The vascularity and strength became obvious almost immediately - this was after one year of willy-nilly lifting and HIIT!

I visit a lot of forums though and from what I've read - it seems like everyone is different and what works for one might not work for another. My previous routines were proven by others to work.. but didn't work for me. What I described above worked great for my metabolism, age, gender and lifestyle.

I have no thyroid, I'm a 46 year old female, very active. High carbs twice a week (Sun & Wed), the rest of the week low carbs (<20) with lifting and cardio as described above has really done the trick. Today I was asked for my driver's license to buy beer! [not that I drink a lot of beer, just once and awhile on carb-up days].

Try different things, you'll know within 2 or 3 weeks what is working for you. The trick is realizing you have to customize most plans to fit your own unique physique.
    Last edited by wildriver7; 02-12-2006 at 09:30 PM.

lwdinva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

wilddriver...

Hi. Can you pls clarify? Do you do your HIIT on the same days you eat higher carbs in evening? Or do you do your HIIT on the day after your evening carbs? I wasn't sure from how you phrased it.
    Thanks!

Oh - and what does "no thyroid" mean? Are you actually on synthroid or some other thyroid medication? Or do you just mean you seem to have low thyroid?

wildriver7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildriver7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildriver7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lwdinva
    Hi. Can you pls clarify? Do you do your HIIT on the same days you eat higher carbs in evening? Or do you do your HIIT on the day after your evening carbs? I wasn't sure from how you phrased it.
    Thanks!

Oh - and what does "no thyroid" mean? Are you actually on synthroid or some other thyroid medication? Or do you just mean you seem to have low thyroid?
    Sorry for the late reply, I just checked this thread. To clarify, I do my HIIT and heavy lifting the day after the evening carbs. That gives my muscles a chance to be fully compensated with glycogen.

Regarding my thyroid, I have an autoimmune disease called "Hashimoto's Thyroiditis" and my body has completely destroyed my thyroid so that it is just a small mass of scar tissue now. I take thyroid replacement hormone though, so am being treated and am surviving!

HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good conversation on this thread. wildriver7, I like the way you think... For additional carb cycling information see: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=457715
    Psalms 51:10-13

casagonzalez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read almost every post on this thread, the articles here on Bb.com, and I tried to go to the links provided but they appear to not work. I want to try carb cycling to drop by body fat and break this plateau that I have been for quite some time.

My stats 26yr old Female - 5'2" - 132lbs - 25BF% - I workout 5-6 days a week. My Calorie intake is 1455 - Macros that I'm currently on are 164g C / 127g P / 32g F. 45/35/20.

I came up with this for carb cycling:

Mon (High Carb) AM cardio - Chest & Tris
    Tue (Low carb) AM Cardio - Legs
    Wed (Low Carb) Back, Traps, Biceps & Shoulders
    Thur (Low Carb) Am Cardio - Chest & Triceps
    Fri (High Carb) Legs
    Saturday (No Carb) Cardio & Abs
    Sunday (No Carb) Off

High Carb: 184gC / 184g P / 40g F
    Low Carb: 79g C / 158g P / 66g F
    No Carb: Only the carbs from greens / 127g P / 32g F

Please let me know if I'm doing this right or where I need to make changes. I also need to make sure I'm eating enough or if I'm over eating since my goal is fat loss. Thanks.