Chooky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Meat: how much do you eat a day?

I hear reports that the WHO recommends eating only 85-130g of red meat per day and only a few times per week. I have been eating ~300g of meat per day (red/white/seafood etc).

How much do you eat per day? I hear how much protein ppl eat, but I never know how much of that actually comes from meat.

Ta!

Registered User WickedMindstate's Avatar
    WickedMindstate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WickedMindstate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WickedMindstate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WickedMindstate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WickedMindstate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WickedMindstate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WickedMindstate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WickedMindstate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WickedMindstate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WickedMindstate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WickedMindstate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not a lot. A piece of fish every few weeks maybe, usually in the afternoon. I find it harder to digest later in the day.

breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I average around 180g of protein per day, but probably only 100 of that comes from lean meats and the occasional 4oz of lean sirloin. I lower this a bit when my carbs are higher, and I go down to about 120g of protein on my "cheat" day. I rarely eat red meat. My protein comes mostly from whey, chicken, fish and turkey. If you're eating 300g of protein per day, make sure you're drinking enough water!

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I average around 150 - 200g of meat a day, which isn't much when you consider I'm on a keto diet! If I'm working hard to keep my fats up, the amount of meat goes down.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000)
    i eat like 300g a day. Most of it from chicken.
    Goals: Fat Loss, Strength, Definition

1/20/06: 187 lbs, size 14
    6/6/07: 148lbs, size 6

The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back.

kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i crave meat once a week so i usually have 4-5 ounces of extra lean beef for a hamburger or a 4 ounce steak

musclar smurfette Sunshineslynn's Avatar
    Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    mine varies......everyday from 150-200 sometimes 250
    "You can't take some pill and hope your fat will jump off of you like you have the plague. You must work out and eat clean to have a lean, green, fighting machine." Sunshineslynn

'If you always do what you always did, then you will always get what you always do'

I dip, you dip, we all dip....dip to the east, dip to the west ......dip to get that tricep.

Don't give me evils! SumthinOrNuthin's Avatar
    SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm on around 150g a day. Staple protein foods are chicken, tuna, whey and lean red meat. To be honest if red meat was cheaper I'd eat a lot more of it.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Chooky View Post
    I hear reports that the WHO recommends eating only 85-130g of red meat per day and only a few times per week. I have been eating ~300g of meat per day (red/white/seafood etc).

How much do you eat per day? I hear how much protein ppl eat, but I never know how much of that actually comes from meat.

Ta!
    100 g of red meat, 100 g of chicken per day. I don't care what the WHO thinks is a healthy range.

IMO, as long as you are supplementing with Omega 3's to balance with the omega 6's you are getting, you are fine.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I eat 4 oz. of lean red meat, 4 oz. of pork tenderloin & 4 oz. of lean turkey every day.

jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont eat any meat. heh. :P
    ☣ Off Season Preparations ☢

"Baywatch boobs would probably throw off my game. But sometimes they look like fun." -Gabrielle Reece
    ☆ Tattoos, spice, and bruises on ice; that is what derby girls are made of. ✯

"loosing weight" = the weight is loose and will run free, not sure if that's good for the environment though... stray fat everywhere.

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "They" say that everything is going to kill you! I don't think there's anything wrong w/ meat..I eat lots of it!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

Jomppa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I eat about 300-500g of meat everyday. Sometimes even 300g in one meal.

Mostly chicken and red meat but i would love to eat more fish but its expensive :s

Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jomppa View Post
    I eat about 300-500g of meat everyday. Sometimes even 300g in one meal.

Mostly chicken and red meat but i would love to eat more fish but its expensive :s
    Strong reading of thread date