Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    At my biggest I beat you by 25 lbs and about 5 inches short Take a look at the pics in my sig, it proves what CAN be done. All it takes is a good 1800 - 2200 cal diet, eating 7 - 8 times a day, and you could do what I originally did 2 day full body split and cardio the other 5 days of the week. It may seem extreme but it worked for me. I walked for 3 - 5 hours a day! 4 - 6 days a week! Obviously I wouldnt do that now, but back then I wasnt into muscles, only weight loss. There are definately much smarter ways to do it but when ur as big as u are and I was you gotta go to extremes.

I forgot to add

"Do or do not, there is no try" Good luck buddy.
    Last edited by NextBestThing; 12-23-2003 at 06:00 AM.
    So close to 10k, green is my favorite color nom saiyan?

CheekyKunt Crew
    92Brah

FatFatFat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I Eat ALOT of junk food, carohydrates, sugary crap its just to the point, if im full i eat cause it tastes good im telling you i need help, im plan to stop with the gluttony, i thank you all for your help

filetshow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does your family know you want to lose weight? They could be a great motivation. If you have all those 'bad' foods in your house that could be a huge problem, you need to get rid of them and fill your house with good foods.

Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    At your bodyweight, you will loose pretty fast. In 3 months you will look much better.

Tell yourself that you do it for your entire life, not just for the next 3 months.

Wouldn't you want to look like that?
    http://digilander.libero.it/mrolympia/m559.jpg

We count on you man.

Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up 7 Habits of Highly Effective People / The Magic of Thinking Big

Originally posted by FatFatFat
    I Eat ALOT of junk food, carohydrates, sugary crap its just to the point, if im full i eat cause it tastes good im telling you i need help, im plan to stop with the gluttony, i thank you all for your help
    Well, now that you know what's causing it and you're acknowledging that something needs to be done, it's time to act.

Remember, the way we look is caused by the routine things we do, day after day.

"Rome was not built in a day, but neither was the city dump."

The best way to start is to write down all the foods you eat. That way you have a written list of those foods, and you can start cutting back on them. Heck, just switching from drinking 4 cans of soda per day to 1 can per day can make a difference over time.

A friend of mine got into the habit of going to Burger King every day for lunch. Within a year he gained almost 25 lbs. of bodyfat. So, the following year, he switched to bringing his own food with him to work, and walking vigorously 3-5 days per week. In just 5 months, he had lost the 25 lbs., and actually looked better than he did when he was at that weight before.

So remember, it's all habits. It takes about 21 days to develop a new habit (or break an old one).

Two books I suggest are:

7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...99028?v=glance

and

The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwarz

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...440252-9799028

They both talk about mental focus, establishing priorities and setting goals. Reading them and applying what you've read will definitely make a huge difference. If you read 10 pages per day, you can get through both books in under 2 months.

Here's wishing you the best.

Oh, and to all the other posters in this thread, I'm very proud of you guys. I've never seen this much support for a new forum member as I've seen in this thread. You guys have restored my faith in the system.

- Skip
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

http://fitness.podarco.com

Creator_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creator_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creator_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creator_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creator_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creator_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creator_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Tristram
    you are your motivation

how about everyone who called you fat, or said you will always be fat, how about being limited from your physical size rather than your mental capability.

The real truth is no one is going to "motivate" you, you need to find some way to motivate yourself and follow through.

This board is nothing BUT success stories, you know why? These are the people who never give up. Read through them they range from women/men being 300lbs to being ripped at 190lbs or 120lbs. 120lb skinny **** being ripped at 220lbs. If you want to add your name to the list of them then get to work. Read the food section, read the excerise section. And get rid of the distractions.
    I agree, use that aggression, I was picked on a ot as a kid and a teen because i was overweight at around 300lbs, i now way 275, a lot leaner, and all those people who used to pick on me, either there still just jerks who are too scared to make eye contact with me, or they now respect me.

The best thing about bodybuilding is that no one can take credit for the work except you.

Get angry about yourself, and get working!,

Before you know it time will pass, and people will be saying nice things about hwo your looking better, and you'll notice the changes as well.

DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've lost over 90lbs and still loosing, not much more left though. But you have to REALLY want this and you have to want to work hard to do it. There are no gimmicks...no quick ways to do it... You have to dedicate yourself to it EVERYDAY. Learn all you can about proper diet, workouts. I've spent Hours reading on the net, books, talking to people at the gym *IMPORTANT* that know what there doing... etc.. You will be your own motivation when you start to see the changes in your body, dont' expect anything overnight, but as the months pass by and you see drastic improvments that movitivates most to push harder. If you have the mentallity that you can't do it you want. Anyone can do it, it just takes a little discipline and work. Best of luck to you, if your heart is set on this and you really really want it..you will achieve your goals.

Derek
    Current Cutt after 6 mo bulk
    206-177

Summer Last year 04':
    161@10%BF

Summer 05' goal
    Goal 165-167@10%BF.

Transformation photos:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=270629[/url]
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=193621[/url]

mcy2k51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question motivation

did u know i used to be a bloater to....... i used to cry so much but one day i cudnt take the bully and everything their is only so much u can take. so i took up sports yes i was crap to start but i got better ran did cardio ,pressups download music motivate urself. Become the best u can be . Remember if u want to change its hard but possible . Train hard train well. Open and Free ur mind.

Peace out brother
    Iron Mike

hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's no reason to belittle yourself and call yourself names.
    You can't start out being overweight and out of shape and immediately have a goal of looking like certain members here.

You need to set short-term as well as long-term goals. For example, your short-term goal #1 could be to do 3 30-minute sessions of cardio for the next two weeks. Then, when you have mastered that, move on to another goal, such as cutting your junk food consumption in half and increasing your vegetables and protein.

Don't use girls as your motivation. Do it for yourself. I don't run to impress guys, I do it because I love it more than anything, I love the way it makes me feel. If you are new to exercise, it will be a chore at first. Some people will never love training, but the majority do over time and use it as stress relief among bettering their bodies and health.

There's no excuse for stuffing yourself to the brink of explosion. Think junk food is so great? Think of it going immediately to your stomach. Foods like protein & vegetables are not calorically dense, meaning that you can eat more for less calories. Junk food, i.e. cookies, are calorically dense: you get a small amount for alot of crap nutrition. If you have become accustomed to stuffing yourself, cook up 3 cups of a green vegetable and eat that. You'll be stuffed full of fiber and water.

I hope I helped...theres nothing worse than seeing someone who hates themselves.
    5'5", 123 lbs., 14% BF

dragme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What sort of cardio are you going to do? Whatever you do don't give up if people laugh at you or look at you strange when you run in the street or go for a swim. Just ignore it all and you might find people will have greater respect for you after seeing your trying to lose weight.

Hopefully you will become motivated enough that when you go past a takeaway joint you can say to yourself i feel like that but how will i feel once i have finished it and realise how bad it is for you. If you keep that up you won't eat takeaway very often at all. I havn't eaten any takeaway in over a year and yes it is hard when you see your mates eating a burger and your eating tuna but it is worth it in the end and i hope you succeed.

Maybe an option for you if you have trouble finding exactly what your supposed to eat is go on a weight lose program. Just remember there are fatter people out there who have lost a lot of weight.

Motivate yourself by thinking of your health and the way that you could die quite young at that sort of weight.

ViolentG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolentG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolentG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolentG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolentG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolentG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolentG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolentG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolentG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolentG has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolentG has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey man, a lot of ppl out there are over weight, but u have realized this and want to do something about it, which is very good. u say u need a miracle? dude, its christmas! the time of miracles! just join up to a gym (or go joggin if u dont mind the cold) and do cardio, lots of it. also make sure u eat the right foods. and u say u need motivation, just keep hold on them pics, and write ur weight on the back of them, then stick em in uir sock drawer and dont look at em. then a few months from now take another pic of ya self and weigh ur self, then compare the 2. seein how much u have lost will make u wanna lose more.

good luck man
    Violent G

'The difference between goals and accomplishments, is purely desire'

97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I hate to do this but i'm in no mood to deal with flames:

LET'S HELP THIS GUY OUT LIKE WE ARE KNOWN TO DO. ANYMORE FLAMING AT THE YOUNG MAN AND YOU WILL BE BANNED

You've came to the right place for help. We will not sugarcoat it; you're in for some serious work. But it can be done! So many people like you have made the change. You can too. You're sick and tired of being fat? Time to do something about it!

We can help.
    Supplement Enthusiast

Import Hunter™

219 destroyed since 1996

Old enough to raise ya....

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i dont know what else to do, im so big i think im hopeless, i wanna look like the rest of the guys at school, i need something to get me motiviated if something looks to hard i give up too easily, well im gonna give it a shot, i just need some people to help me out, tell me what to stay away from and what i should do day by day? but those are some nice transformations on that website, what i would give to look like some of you all
    it takes time, diligence, patience, tenacity... and most importantly... a positive attitude.

olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck to you.. Youve made one step into doing something about your weight problem and hopefully you will follow through for your sake.. You should do it for you and others will respect that..

For me I was 205lbs maybe around 20% bodyfat. Basically didnt really work out much at the time.. Just use to drink like 2-3cans of soda a day.. Then switched to 1-2 cans of diet soda a day. Switched from a greasy burger at a fastfood place to a chicken combo(still not great) but stopped eating a lot of junk food to eating junk only once in a while.. Drank close to a gallon of water a day and lost 21lbs in like 4-6months without cardio.

When I hit 184 I was probably down to around 15%bf and decided to start bulking cause I wanted to be more muscular. Now if I go to a fast food place I get 2 chicken sandwiches and a water.. Instead of the value meal with a big soda, french fries and the chicken sandwich. Now im right around 200lbs with maybe 16-17%bf..(cant say for sure) but have more muscle and less fat then I did at 205lbs

I think slight differences can really help.. Cut out the junk food for the most part.. Cut down on soda and drink a lot of water. Try and eat better.. And do some cardio and you will see progress..

Hell, for me.. I bought and excersixe bike and I just position it so I can see the TV now and start pedalling away, time flys when your watching football or something.

Just a few ideas.. Hopefully you will follow some peoples advice here cause everyones trying to help you, but mainly you have to want to help yourself..
    Good luck
    Ryan
    age 22
    6'1''
    status cutting
    Bulked-oct 24 184lbs (start)
    Feb 20 205lbs end
    Cutting- current 200lbs

nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I knew someone that I went to highschool with that was more overweight than you are. When we went to college, I didn't see him for about a 1.5 yrs. Next time I saw him, he had lost all the weight. I didn't even recognize him at first.

And I met someone else in college who used to be obese in highschool. He always tried to gross people out by pullng on his skin and showing how loose his skin was from losing all that weight. But he looked in really good shape because he became a hardcore cyclist and ate right.

There is nothing that you can't do when you set your mind to it. Just set your goal, give yourself a realistic timeframe and do it. It'll be very hardwork for the next year or so, but you won't care after the year is over and you can enjoy your new body for years and years after that.

The first time I tried cutting fat, the hardest thing to do was cutting out sweets/junkfood. But I found that it makes a huuge difference. So cut out Cokes, desserts, etc from the everyday diet (maybe cheat once a week). It was really hard for me and I had massive cravings for Cokes for a few weeks, but once you get past that sugar addiction, it helps soooo much for cutting fat.

I know you can do it. Posts updates also so you can get motivation from people here.

Capricio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey FatFatFat, my only advice to you is STICK TO THIS FORUM!. I too was an overweighed guy when i first started bodybuilding, but once you'r started, you'r gone...The motivation increases once you start seeing some changes on your body/appearance, then it gets more easier to stick with it.

Remember, the more you do what you'r doing, the more you'll get what you get.

Oh and by the way, when the time come's start using these supplements along with a diet and workout plan:

-Creatine
    -Protein powder (any supplement you like, since i'm from europe i don't know wich brands are good over there)
    As fat burner, take an ECA (ephedrine/caffeine/aspirine) or NYC (norephedrine/yohimbine/caffeine if you want less jiggles). Hell, when the time comes, you can even throw in a few cycles of clenbuterol...

anywayz, good luck to ya!
    Last edited by Capricio; 12-25-2003 at 03:23 AM.

zerglim has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    do 3 hours of cardio and clean ur diet. clean it. this is the opposite of the "wannabestud thread" i didnt think he succeded.

but i hope u will succeed. goodluck. i dont see how u can fail if u just eat right and do cardio.
    "never stop until u bust a nut"
    -tupac's mom

I don't apologize. I am sorry Lisa, that's the way I am.
    -homer j. simpson

FBI agent Scully : This is just a simple lie-detector test. I'll ask some simple questions and you should answer with yes or no. Do you understand?
    Homer : Yes.
    [ The machine blows up ].

hiekie will become famous soon enough. (+50) hiekie will become famous soon enough. (+50) hiekie will become famous soon enough. (+50) hiekie will become famous soon enough. (+50) hiekie will become famous soon enough. (+50) hiekie will become famous soon enough. (+50) hiekie will become famous soon enough. (+50) hiekie will become famous soon enough. (+50) hiekie will become famous soon enough. (+50) hiekie will become famous soon enough. (+50) hiekie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When i read his first posts (the start of this thread) i was already thinking, oh my god, they are gonna flame him here.. some threads are really disgusting. That's a reason why i don't post pics here anymore, i was also flamed.

Anyway, some great tips are really here. The guy who started this thread (calls himself FatFatFat) Can get some good information here

FatFatFat, first thing, get yourself another nickname, so as mentioned earlier. I have a sister who has also to deal with very much overweight. She explained starting it out and keeping it up the first weeks was very, very difficult. But then my condition started to get better, and also saw some major changes in my body. She is training al the time now... So FatFatFat. please, how difficult it is, try to bite yourself through the first few weeks. When they are done you will get a kick of training, and not able to stop anymore.. Try hitting also the weights!! I never heard that training with weight (ofcourse in correct movements) has done anyone a harm ..

Another Tip, Stick to this forum, some real good information to get here for free, cause we all have the same goal here, some first to loose weight, others to get some real muscle. I am in the direction of getting real muscle, and found very good trainingroutines here! (following this forum almost a year now, and i am already almost training 4 years for that bodybuilderbody.

One last word FatFatFat, You can do it! and another thing i read here i agree with, put rhe pics you have posted here away, and with a month or 2-3, get some new pics, and look at the changes. This has worked very good for me, i almost fly to the gym when i saw the changes!!
    Shut up, take the bar out and SQUAT!

as much as its worth, here's an example of what 3 months of dedication can do for u. hope this serves as an inpiration although was never as big as u. people say it was almost impossible to gain muscle while losing fat... but i was dedicated to do it. now for u ur goal is not supposed to gain muscle while losing fat. u must work on ur diet.. cause the diet itself can cause u fat loss.. together with a good cardio vascular exercise u will be able to lose alot of fat.. oh and yea drink plenty of water and never drink soda or beer for now. if ur gonna drink milk use low fat skim milk.
    Attached Images
    -tupac's mom

-homer j. simpson

FBI agent Scully : This is just a simple lie-detector test. I'll ask some simple questions and you should answer with yes or no. Do you understand?

whatdoumean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatdoumean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatdoumean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatdoumean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatdoumean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok you are fat. the good part is that u want to do something about it. first of all you gotta change everything that u eat. no eating fatty foodstuffs and stupid junk. it just contains extra calories and will make u fatter. so the junks gotta go. eat clean. and please make dieting a part of your life and dont use phrases like i am on a diet.
    some things u can do are
    Start exercising!!
    join a good gym and get yourself a good personal trainer.
    start weight training and hit off cardio atleast 3 times a week for 45 mins. that will get u started.
    eat more protein -chicken breasts , egg whites , whey etc.
    cut the complex carbs. eat your low carb veggies like tomatoes ,green pepper , green peas ,carrots , onions , celery etc.

please cut the sugar...it is very bad believe me, the sugar has to go. so no pepsi ,coke or any sodas. and no fruit juice or kool aid. just drink water or stick to diet sodas.
    and yes surround yrself with people who have similar goals like you. its always beneficial. and dont go on blabbering to people
    that you are trying to lose weight and generally people may try to make fun of you and it can get a little discouraging. so stay on a low profile. dieting can also effect your social life.

last but not the least. do your homework. prepare charts of the foods you are gonna eat with all the nutritional information like calores, carbs, sugar, protein,dietary fibre etc. this is important else you will never know how much u are actually putting in your body. count the calories on a daily basis. monitor the body stats on a weekly basis. dont go too much by the scale. it can be deceiving. do take weekly pictures also if u can.

all the best to you.
    -vikram (from india)

97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Great post Vikram. You covered EVERYTHING!
    Supplement Enthusiast

Import Hunter™

219 destroyed since 1996

whatdoumean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatdoumean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatdoumean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatdoumean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatdoumean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanx man. this forum is great. the website is great. so people keep educating yourself. good luck to everyone.

Originally posted by whatdoumean
    just drink water or stick to diet sodas.
    no sodas.
    -tupac's mom

-homer j. simpson

Originally posted by zerglim
    no sodas.
    Diet sodas are ok. Just don't overduo it.
    Supplement Enthusiast

Import Hunter™

219 destroyed since 1996

Panasonic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am 6'2 and I weighed 290lbs.
    Just by dieting I lost about 15 lbs in 6 months, I know that is not much, but thats just by eating a little healthier and not spending one day at the gym and working all day at an office job that involves no phsyical labor at all.

I do want to start going to the gym soon though b/c my lifting stats are terrible, I max out at 140 on the bench press.

darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try hypnosis to help with motivation. Worked for me, i was 29% BF, now i'm 12%

Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do what these guys are telling you, it's 90% what you eat. But get yourself a mini-tramp it's great for losing weight and easy on your joints. Shut yourself in a room and just jump on it for 30min and blast your favorite music. After awhile you'll get into it and it's the easiest and most fun aerobic exercise you'll ever do.

I used it as my only cardio twice in my life to lose alot of weight once when i was 14 and just a few months ago now that i'm 27.
    I'm proof that genetics don't have to hold you back and anything is possible.
    Dieting is not the answer, that’s just a short-term fix. To make a lifelong transformation you need a sustainable lifestyle. One that allows you to both eat what you love and lose weight.
    Create your own custom plan, one that is not too restrictive because you have to enjoy it. Otherwise pain and motivation fall quickly when we are miserable.

www.spikeguy.com
    Lost over 130lbs and maintained 12+ years

Originally posted by Mauler97
    Do what these guys are telling you, it's 90% what you eat. But get yourself a mini-tramp it's great for losing weight and easy on your joints. Shut yourself in a room and just jump on it for 30min and blast your favorite music. After awhile you'll get into it and it's the easiest and most fun aerobic exercise you'll ever do.

I used it as my only cardio twice in my life to lose alot of weight once when i was 14 and just a few months ago now that i'm 27.
    my bro does that trampoline but he is still fat.
    -tupac's mom

-homer j. simpson

jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    where ive done ruined my body, is there anyway i can look great like some of these other people on here? or is it too late
    Hey, there is definately hope...I went from 335 to 185 in a year and a half doing atkins and exercising. check it:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=185649

Just work hard at it and be strict. Discipline.
    M.S. Sport Management (in progress)
    B.S. Kinesiology
    http://bodybuilding.com/fun/jonpaul.htm

Anoops has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say cut all sodas.

Last May I sat confused as to why I had remained the same size while eating decently and doing heavy cardio, I decided to drop sodas (diet pepsi) all together and after that I actually started to make progress. However, my soda consumption at the time might have been excessive, 9 - 13 cans daily (money better spent on protein bars). I think if I could give up a soda addiction and drink water exclusively I think anyone else could too.

Everyone recommended cardio and you really need to listen to them. Although, I don't know if I would recommend buying an exercise bike... first of all there are better ways to do your cardio out there, and secondly I bought mine for $300 and in two months it was loud, bolts had snapped off, and I'm pretty sure that the "patented ceramic resistance system" had ground to dust and fallen out of the bottom of the machine. Just whatever cardio you decide to do, try HIIT once you are able.

It's been a couple of days since your last post, have you been able to work in any of the changes mentioned into your daily routine? I think the main problem for you is mental obstacles and you're already taking the first steps to overcoming them. Keep the forum updated on your progress, I've been reading it forever and the people on these boards love success stories.

Best of luck.