bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do DB rows do the same as BB rows?

i prefer DB rows over BB rows and was wondering if they work the same muscles in the back, heres my rountine, please criticize

weigted pullups 3x4-6
    weighted chinups 3x4-6
    deadlift 3x6-8 (new to this movement)
    DB rows 3x4-6

not in that order and im going for pure mass

skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    DB and BB rows work the back in pretty much the same way. They are just different varations of the same movement. You could do BB rows now and then for variation. Back routine looks fine. I would do deads first.

stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by skarotum
    I would do deads first.
    Bump
    I dont remember asking you a gotdamn thang!!!!

VandalKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why deads first? I usually finish up with my deads. For what reason would you do them first? I wonder if I am missing something . . .
    "you must use your little grey cells"
    -H. Poirot

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by VandalKing
    Why deads first? I usually finish up with my deads. For what reason would you do them first? I wonder if I am missing something . . .
    they are bloody hard and best to do them when you are fresh... ye but like the rest...

DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000)
    I usually do deads first also. I do them first because they are the most intensive lift in a back workout. Plus if your grip is fried before deads your weights will go way down. Personally I think it is best to do the lifts first that are most likely to cause injury or the ones you use the highest load. Bench, Military, Squats, Deads, for example.

sma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Deads last for me. If I do them first, then I am toast!

I also think they are better last as if you do some rows/pullups you hit the lats/etc, then in that way those muscle are pre-exhausted. As they are not a prime mover in DLs they just get a little finishing, and your lower back gets the majority. If you do them first, and fry your l.back how do you do bentrows?

DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just go as heavy as I can on everything I do after bent rows. I just like to be mentally and physically fresh for the main compound lifts.

NorCalTrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NorCalTrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When you and other mention doing wide and close grip chins, do you keep your grip facing the same direction for both? Or are one set with a reverse grip?

bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bate18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by NorCalTrain
    When you and other mention doing wide and close grip chins, do you keep your grip facing the same direction for both? Or are one set with a reverse grip?
    close grip chins - palms facing you
    regular chins - palms facing you
    regular pullups - palms facing away
    wide pullups - palms facing away

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    they're both good and different enough to justify using both imho.
    Booo

Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DB rows is a very good exercise. I gained a lot with them.

But now I take too heavy and my lower back sometimes hurts when I do them. Symetrical movements does cause me that problem.