Ultimate BaD Dog Supply poppapump67's Avatar
    poppapump67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poppapump67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poppapump67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poppapump67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poppapump67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poppapump67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poppapump67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poppapump67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poppapump67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poppapump67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poppapump67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

dont know whats wrong. hurts bad when i bench

well i think i may be switching to Db bench press. i am getting a bad pain in my chest. im going to post a pic of wher it hurts.

i warm up good. i stretch before and after every set. when i use the Db's it dont hurt at all. but as soon as i try the bar it kills me.

my partner told me that it may just be a weak muscle that cant take that much weight?????
    Attached Images

NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ROTATOR CUFF! STOP BARBELL BENCHING NOW! Take a break from ANY exercise that hurts it until its healed. Hopefully it wont be long if you catch it early enough. Its exactly what happened to me, I can finally flat bench again after 2 years! It took that long because I refused to rest... I STILL GET PAIN if I dont warm up my shoulders before every single workout. Dont make that mistake. After it stops hurting looking into rotator cuff exercises to strengthen them up.
    Last edited by NextBestThing; 12-22-2003 at 06:58 AM.
    So close to 10k, green is my favorite color nom saiyan?

CheekyKunt Crew
    92Brah

joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joe78 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You know that old expression, "No pain, no gain"? Don't listen to that, stop lifting and go see a doctor.
    Lifting weights makes me happy.

BIGABOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BIGABOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BIGABOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BIGABOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BIGABOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BIGABOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BIGABOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BIGABOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BIGABOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BIGABOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BIGABOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ROTATOR CUFF why would say that?? he was pointing out his out side of his pec not his shoulder man, but ya man maybe go see a doc or take it easy for abit ice it.

BIGABOY

NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by BIGABOY
    ROTATOR CUFF why would say that?? he was pointing out his out side of his pec not his shoulder man, but ya man maybe go see a doc or take it easy for abit ice it.

BIGABOY
    Hes pointing to his armpit (where chest meets front delt)... thats part of the rotator cuff. Its responsible for inner and outter rotation of the arm(correct me if i said it wrong its hard to explain)... I know because I posted a pic when i got the same pain and i circled the exact same area. Id put 50 bucks on it the next area to hurt if he keeps going without rest will be his side delt/tricep area. He probably is a bench extremist like a lot of beginners and he now has a muscle imbalance with his rea/side and front deltoids. Its all a process, one Ive heard happening many times and experienced myself.
    Last edited by NextBestThing; 12-22-2003 at 09:05 AM.
    So close to 10k, green is my favorite color nom saiyan?

CheekyKunt Crew
    92Brah