mattyb55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it possible to lose bodyfat but maintain weight?

Hey I'm 6'2, 200 with about 13% body fat. I read in a Men's Health that Ryan Reynolds went from like 180 to 200 pounds and transformed his bodyfat from 11% to a ridiculous 3 or 4. Can you actually do that and still pile on 20 pounds? So many pepole have told me that it's impossible. About 2 weeks ago I changed my diet dramatically, keeping the same calories but eating very clean, drinking lots of water, and taking creatine while before I was pretty much eating fast food every day. Should I expect a change? I'de love to be at the body fat I was at high school (8% or so) but maintain this weight of 200. Plllleeeassee helpppp

Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How does your workout look?

start wearing purple! benjamin88's Avatar
    benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in one word yes

(ps ryan renolds was not 200lbs and 3% bodyfat LOL!)

mattyb55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work each muscle group once a week, abs twice a week, boxing 3 days a week and I run 2-3 days a week. Each workout takes about 45 minutes to an hour. I think it's more my diet then my workout because I eat a mix between good stuff and ****. I just wanted to know if anyone had every actually put on 10-20 pounds and also cut their body fat down a 3-4% at the same time. And yeah, I don't really believe Reynolds was 3% bf, but you look at the difference between Van Wilder and Blade, and I bet he was at least as low as 5 or 6.

feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) feltmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mattyb55 View Post
    Hey I'm 6'2, 200 with about 13% body fat. I read in a Men's Health that Ryan Reynolds went from like 180 to 200 pounds and transformed his bodyfat from 11% to a ridiculous 3 or 4. Can you actually do that and still pile on 20 pounds? So many pepole have told me that it's impossible. About 2 weeks ago I changed my diet dramatically, keeping the same calories but eating very clean, drinking lots of water, and taking creatine while before I was pretty much eating fast food every day. Should I expect a change? I'de love to be at the body fat I was at high school (8% or so) but maintain this weight of 200. Plllleeeassee helpppp
    There will be many case studies with many different experiences, you should just train hard, keep a clean diet & see what happens. You cant custom design a program for a definite numerical set of constraints. The general goal if youre not overweight (13% is good) in bulking up is to maintain bf% while increasing your weight. That means youre adding both muscle & fat in such a ratio that your %'s dont change. When youve added the bulk, then go on a cutting cycle where you want to get as defined as possible while holding onto as much mass as possible. Ryan Reynolds may have done it in these 2 steps. Some people have higher metabolisms & may drop some bf% during mass gain.