the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

ISSA Trainers - Get In The Kitchen And Cook Yourself A Nice 6-pack!

It’s getting colder outside and people tend to be less active. The six-pack from the hot summer will be covered by ugly fat. This scenario is known and feared by all fit people. BUT the fact is - it doesn’t have to happen!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa97.htm

HOW TO REVIEW: Post Your Review Of This Article - CLICK ON POST REPLY BELOW! You do NOT need to be a registered member to post a reply in this section!

Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    good article

Unregistered

Thumbs up

very good read.

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Great article

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    more wasted space on ab training

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can lose a lot of fat doing this routine; unfortunately you can also lose a lot of muscle. Doing high-intensity cardio following a weight-training session is the height of stupidity.

bdj428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdj428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdj428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdj428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by derekmac
    You can lose a lot of fat doing this routine; unfortunately you can also lose a lot of muscle. Doing high-intensity cardio following a weight-training session is the height of stupidity.

Judging by the writer's pics, I'd say it worked pretty well for him.
    Grow, dammit. Grow!

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by bdj428
    Judging by the writer's pics, I'd say it worked pretty well for him.
    To each his own, but in general post-workout nutrition is important.

To be in a catabolic state and then to do high-intensity cardio does a person no favors IMO.

JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hmmm ...

... at what point during the workout do we enter a catabolic state?

And once that happens, should we stop working out?

How does the body "know" to burn muscle? In other words, I rarely see people making a fuss over a 20 minute resistance training workout versus a 40 minute resistance training workout.

Now, if I say I am going to add 20 minutes of cardio, then let's explore ...

Is 20 minutes weight training + 20 minutes cardio that bad? You are saying we are in a catabolic state, and then adding harm. So I am assuming we are catabolic after 20 minutes of working out, right?

So does it stand to reason that the 40 minute resistance training workout is pointless, too? I mean, 20 minutes into it, we are catabolic, but then we continue to resistance train for another 20 minutes.

Is post-workout nutrition defined as nutrition after the workout, or nutrition after a certain length of time in the workout? If someone trains, then does high intensity cardio, then has a shake - is that post-workout nutrition? Or does the body automatically make some internal shift when you step away from the weight set and onto the treadmill to start breaking down muscle tissue?

I personally have gained plenty of muscle doing cardio post-workout, but have been told it is a waste of time. I know that what works for me doesn't work for everyone, and may not be what is optimal for me. I am just trying to understand the logic of how weight training + cardio is bad. Is it the shift in the style of training, even if the cardio is high intensity? Is it the duration of time? Or what?

Jeremy Likness

After you do resistance-training, it is customary to take a protein/carb shake to get out of a catabolic state. To do cardio after resistance training keeps you in a catabolic state for that much longer.

So, let's say you just did a balls to the wall session that lasted 60 minutes. You finish your workout and hop on the treadmill to speed walk for another 20.

It would be better to consume a shake after your resistance training, and then do the cardio if you must. Why you ask? because there is a limited window of opportunity following a resistance-training workout where you can start the process of rebuilding what you have just destroyed.

Like I said, to each his own, but the basics of post-workout nutrition are not to be neglected IMO.

Does that make sense?

Re: Hmmm ...

Originally posted by JeremyLikness
    If someone trains, then does high intensity cardio, then has a shake - is that post-workout nutrition?
    It becomes semantics at this point, since some can say that the cardio and lifting are all "one workout".

The body will turn to several fuel sources when doing the cardio after your weight-training session. It will turn to glucose, and since that is in low supply, it will then turn to the process of gluconeogenesis (this, of course, depends on what kind of cardio you are doing), and it will also mobilize free fatty acids to provide the energy needed for the workout. That is why I said that cardio, in general, after your resistance training is a bad idea if you want to preserve muscle mass. To each his own, as this may work well for you. This may also work quite well for someone who is obese. But for those of us who want to cut and keep the most amount of muscle possible, I think it makes sense to space your cardio and weight-training; if you have to do both sessions back to back, I think you should do low-intensity cardio (such as walking) which will not draw primarily upon muscle glycogen) or preferably, take a shake after your resistance training and then do your cardio.

JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50) JeremyLikness will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Thanks

For taking the time for the detailed reply!

Jeremy

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by JeremyLikness
    For taking the time for the detailed reply!

Jeremy
    BTW, I've seen your pics. You look great!!

scotty2hotty24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scotty2hotty24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scotty2hotty24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scotty2hotty24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scotty2hotty24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scotty2hotty24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scotty2hotty24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scotty2hotty24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scotty2hotty24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scotty2hotty24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scotty2hotty24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i like the intense cardio recomendations i will do this but for 10-15minutes instead of 5.

Tariq733 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile 😬😬😬

I'm interesting in ur program,can u just clarify to me this point?
    Do 4 times workout + abs routine + all out cardio
    Then 2 times cardio