the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

Jonathan Deprospo - My Leg Workout From Hell!

Jon Deproso is back with his leg workout from hell! Learn how to get huge legs with this great workout!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jon1.htm

HOW TO REVIEW: Post Your Review Of This Article - CLICK ON POST REPLY BELOW! You do NOT need to be a registered member to post a reply in this section!

ZachG_85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not bad, but 25 reps for squats? Endurance?

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by ZachG_85
    Not bad, but 25 reps for squats? Endurance?
    quads have a dissproportionate amount of slow twitch fibers compared to other bodyparts...this makes sense since your legs have to support you all day...and not just for short intervals. I know my legs did not make progress until I really started putting some pain into my leg workouts and adding in 20-30 reps squats and 100+ rep super drop sets on leg press. You don't know pain...until you do high rep leg days.
    Peace

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Re: Jonathan Deprospo - My Leg Workout From Hell!

Originally posted by webmaster
    Jon Deproso is back with his leg workout from hell! Learn how to get huge legs with this great workout!

HOW TO REVIEW: Post Your Review Of This Article - CLICK ON POST REPLY BELOW! You do NOT need to be a registered member to post a reply in this section!
    sounds decent, might give it a shot...but where are the free squats... those are definately numero uno above leg press.
    Peace

Originally posted by str8flexed
    quads have a dissproportionate amount of slow twitch fibers compared to other bodyparts...this makes sense since your legs have to support you all day...and not just for short intervals. I know my legs did not make progress until I really started putting some pain into my leg workouts and adding in 20-30 reps squats and 100+ rep super drop sets on leg press. You don't know pain...until you do high rep leg days.
    Peace
    I always do a few drop sets on my leg day and hit 20-30 reps on it, but I can't imagine not doing squats with a few low-rep heavy-weight sets.

Might give it a shot though.

Originally posted by ZachG_85
    I always do a few drop sets on my leg day and hit 20-30 reps on it, but I can't imagine not doing squats with a few low-rep heavy-weight sets.

Might give it a shot though.
    I agree with you there...on squat days my working sets look like this...
    15 reps
    10 reps
    5 reps
    1 rep negative (15% higher than 1RM)
    15 reps
    20-30 reps

Then a few sets of leg extensions. Right now i'm working hams on a seperate day as I cannot workout my upper body since my shoulder is ****ing injured

Yeah see you finish with a 25-30 rep set, those are the working sets here.

I'll usually do:

10 reps
    6,8,10 drop set.

Then leg press, lunges, and extensions.

Mr.Bee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Bee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Bee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Bee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Bee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Bee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Bee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Bee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Bee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Bee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Bee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL I tried your workout and loved it ! You should have seen me walk down the stairs the first time i did all my sets. I looked and felt like i was gona roll down to the first floor

Moreps has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moreps has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed
    I agree with you there...on squat days my working sets look like this...
    15 reps
    10 reps
    5 reps
    15 reps
    20-30 reps

Then a few sets of leg extensions. Right now i'm working hams on a seperate day as I cannot workout my upper body since my shoulder is ****ing injured

Good workout. Question: On your 1 rep negatives, are you coming down and resting the bar on the pins at the bottom of your descent? And on your final 15 rep set and 20-30 rep set, what percentage are you using in relation to your 10 rep set earlier in the workout?
    Thanks
    Discipline is only a by product of Desire.

Originally Posted by Moreps
    Good workout. Question: On your 1 rep negatives, are you coming down and resting the bar on the pins at the bottom of your descent? And on your final 15 rep set and 20-30 rep set, what percentage are you using in relation to your 10 rep set earlier in the workout?
    Thanks
    whoa this is a long time ago. Well back when i did that workout I was maxing about 350 on squat. So i'd use about 405 for a heavy negative... i'd just resist as much as I could and go down slowly til it hit the pins. Then I'd just let it rest there and I'd take of the weight and re-rack it. Then i used 225 for my 20-30 rep squats.

-Layne

Moreps has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Moreps has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for the feedback Str8flexed. I was going to try the negatives on the smith machine until I realized that the smith machine never did ANYTHING positive for my quads. No matter how heavy or what foot placement I used.
    Free weight squats it tis.
    Discipline is only a by product of Desire.

Originally Posted by Moreps
    Thanks for the feedback Str8flexed. I was going to try the negatives on the smith machine until I realized that the smith machine never did ANYTHING positive for my quads. No matter how heavy or what foot placement I used.
    Free weight squats it tis.

indeed

mrvanness17
    that work out is good, but not from hell, try doing the bike for 5 min warm up, squats do 15 deep warm up, 10 , 8 , 6 , 4 , max. then move to the hack squats and do 4 sets, 10 , 10, 8 , 6. then do ur leg extensions and leg curls, then go outside and sprint 10 60 yard dashes. thats a leg work out that'll put some hair around ur niples.

mrvanness17@yahoo.com

justaguy77

Thumbs down I dont know about this

i mean im no bodybuilder or trainer but i believe i no better then to follow this workout...i hope people are not its seems it will be getting people hurt more then anything...i mean i was mad after reading this i just pictured newbies in the hospital listening to this guy! and he said his knees were hurting after pressing 990lbs...theres your sigh buddy! its not good! and if you need help to push out the last 4 reps...you know its simply to much..and his legs are not even big n ripped!! i feel bad for the ones doing this...hope your knees make it and your not walking with a cane in three years

jaysinit

who's responsible for allowing this child to write an article???

Originally Posted by the_fake_webmaster View Post

My sincere hope for you Jon is that when (or if) you mature, at some point you'll go back and read the drivel that you wrote and realize just what a punk you really were. Lots of luck with the whole maturing thing too, you're going to need it.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    This article mentions near the end doing reverse leg curls. Does anyone know what those are?

iamrashod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    whoa this is a long time ago. Well back when i did that workout I was maxing about 350 on squat. So i'd use about 405 for a heavy negative... i'd just resist as much as I could and go down slowly til it hit the pins. Then I'd just let it rest there and I'd take of the weight and re-rack it. Then i used 225 for my 20-30 rep squats.

-Layne
    That negative rep sounds really good. I am going to try that one tomorrow. Ive been doing bench tap squats which gives me more of a deep squat and ive noticed that its giving me a better workout. but i was only doing 8-10. Im going to try to higher reps and burn out my legs a little better. Thanks for the tips.

TXTBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool But what about...

You forgot calves in this leg routine