Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    stronggolfpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how can i motivate my girl to workout?

like everyone else on the fourm, I love to workout. its a big part of my life along with everything that goes with it (aka....sleeping, eating, training, reading and then eating again). when i first met her she ate once a day in the evening and occasionally would get on her elliptical machine for a half hour. she hasnt done any cardio for the past month now but she wants to learn about nutriton and im teaching her. so i think there is some interest there. any suggestions about getting her to work out, without hurting her feelings???

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you go to a gym? Take her with you. Let her see what it's like if she hasn't been there and that might perk her interest. Would help if there are other women working out and enjoying it.

Bottom line is you could encourage her and keep bringing it up but unless she really has an interest, you won't get too far. Can't make someone do something they don't want to. I can't get my wife to do anything other than her 3 sets of 15 no matter what
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

i go to the gym but i have a partner i workout with. i wish my problem was getting to change from doing 3 sets of 15.........

zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50) zlmxtd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    tell her she is fat
    ★ Cancer Survivor Crew ★

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by blinkmanzac
    tell her she is fat
    LMAO. Yeah, that will work like a charm. As you get older you learn quickly that is one of the things you don't tell your woman straight out. Trust me. lol

Or try it and if she freaks out just save yourself by saying "honey, I meant fat with a PH (phat)"
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

Thumbs up

tell her she is fat
    teen bodybuilding is specifically designed for you

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Overload
    LMAO. Yeah, that will work like a charm. As you get older you learn quickly that is one of the things you don't tell your woman straight out. Trust me. lol

Or try it and if she freaks out just save yourself by saying "honey, I meant fat with a PH (phat)"
    That's right; when they say "I want honesty", what they mean is "I want correct answers and statements".
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've been trying to get Amber to train with me for awhile but her job wouldnt allowe her too. Well just the other day we where talking about opening an gym here in Central Arkansas. It should be a go next yr.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I know what you guys are talking about. What I did was switch gyms to one that was closer to home and I bought her a gym membership also. So she can either go with me if she wants or she can go by herself at a different time. She was into going w/me all the time at first but not so much lately. I think she will get back in there more after the holidays though.

I think part of the problem is I'm in the military and have a lot of discipline to work out and she doesn't. Sometimes if I try to get her to go she wont do it b/c she thinks I'm ordering her around like one of my soldiers. Which may be true to some extent, so I try not to do that.

DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000) DallasLynx is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have the same problem with my wife. She doesn't work out regularly like she should and doesn't really watch what she eats like she should either. I get her to the gym at least two times a week and when I'm with her I make sure we are eating something healthy.

She isn't fat by any means and I think she looks great. I'm sure both of us could stand to loose ten pounds, but we are still healthy and in pretty good shape.

Her biggest problem is that she goes out to eat at lunch a lot with her friends at work. I almost always go home for lunch, but she works too far away.

The annoying thing is that she'll complain that she is getting fat. So I just answer "you need to get back to exercising regularly and eating better." Of course this makes no difference.

Only advice I can give is don't let them trap you in the "do I look fat" question. Never answer this question because you are either too critical or you are a liar.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    tell her she is fat
    Yeah, if you want her to break up with you.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hm.... I've been through this many times... here is my advice for you.

YOU CAN'T. EVER.

Body building always has, and always will be, a personal quest. Motivation has to come from with in, and she'll have to find it herself. You can try, you can push, you can yell, but if she don't wanna, she ain't. The ONLY thing that you can probably do is get YOUR ass into the best shape of your frickin life and she'll look at you and think, "wow... if he can do it, so can I!"

In fact, if you try too hard, she'll just hate you. You do your thing, she'll do hers. I know many guys who have great bodies, with women who have "pretty good" bodies.... Lesson here is this: you either a) already have a girl who likes to work out, b) you love her for who she is, c) you dump her. End of story.

P.S. And guys, I am not talking out of my ass on this one.

ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    its a touchy subject lol

you don't wanna offend her but at the same time u want that a$$ to be tite and body toned.

tell her some shyt like " i want u to see the progress im making" come to the gym and watch me workout.. somthin like that and once she is there show her some exercises to do.

you can sacrafice a training day with ur boy to get her started.. i mean just go on a rest day and run on the treadmill next to her

Originally posted by Eva07
    Lesson here is this: you either a) already have a girl who likes to work out, b) you love her for who she is, c) you dump her.
    Is there an option D? Other than telling her she's fat. lol

Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eva07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Overload
    Is there an option D? Other than telling her she's fat. lol
    option D) tell her she's fat, and get taken out John Bobbit style!!!

Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

YOU CAN'T. EVER.

Body building always has, and always will be, a personal quest. Motivation has to come from with in, and she'll have to find it herself. You can try, you can push, you can yell, but if she don't wanna, she ain't. The ONLY thing that you can probably do is get YOUR ass into the best shape of your frickin life and she'll look at you and think, "wow... if he can do it, so can I!"

In fact, if you try too hard, she'll just hate you. You do your thing, she'll do hers. I know many guys who have great bodies, with women who have "pretty good" bodies.... Lesson here is this: you either a) already have a girl who likes to work out, b) you love her for who she is, c) you dump her. End of story.

That's about the best you can do IMO..

Don't ever tell her she's fat, that's for sure.

AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you guys were good husbands and good boyfriends like me that tell their woman to eat right and exercise from the start you wouldn't have this problem
    "Knowing is not enough, one must apply" ~ Bruce Lee

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    she has to want to workout on her own. Most girls want to they just need to be push, start her slow on the bike for like 15 mins then gradually increase til she uses the weights

plus if she wears tight clothes she's gonna start looking good, good luck bro
    Chicks dig big calves

DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    another call for a motivation Fourm

ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50)

YOU CAN'T. EVER.

Nice honest post.
    36 years old
    150 lbs
    7% bf

wwilse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Girls like fashionable trendy workouts. The gym I go to has a Pilates training session. 8 weeks for like $30. It's obviously not perfect, but then your girlfriend doesn't want to do hardcore squat workouts with you. Buy a Pilates workout package for her and her best friend. It'll cost you less than $75, and you'll have more of a chance for success if she goes with someone.

supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    tell her to get her fatass in shape or she will die of painful chest pains one day.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by supergarr
    tell her to get her fatass in shape or she will die of painful chest pains one day.
    Boy, that's a smart comment.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if people don't want to do it there's nothing youc an really do. motivation has to come from within and the desire to better yourself.
    Booo

Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    tell her she is fat
    Before I read the thread I knew some knucklehead would say that....
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

-ohashi

Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Buy her some xenadrine..

DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    just another canadiate for a motiviational Fourm

Nicolas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im with my girlfriend for 6 years and I tell her that she is fat If I think so...sure im not saying like : Jeeeesus honey look at all that fat....OMFG you are so fat....

But if she askes me for an honest answer if I think her bum is big ?

Ill give her an honest answer...
    When a front line soldier overhears two General Staff officers conferring,
    he has fallen back too far

Registered User The Brotherhood's Avatar
    The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    stuff loadsa viagra in her food.
    tell her she wont get u unless she lifts.
    Miscer

georgiolugazo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=MiloMan;2292538]That's right; when they say "I want honesty", what they mean is "I want correct answers and statements".[/QUOTE
    What women mean by "be honest " is lie to their Damn face lol