protein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how long does it take to digest protein

does anyone know how long does it take to digest protein(chicken, fish, beef, milk, eggs) and carbohydrates from the time the food is ingested to the time nutrients are available for the muscles cells will help greatly on how to plan my meals throughout the day
    also I'm interested in knowing how much of a delay can milke help to steadily release whey protein when taking togather ? right now I'm assuming 3 hours (after drinking milk with whey protein) before all the whey protein is used up, any data on that ?
    thanks

BoxerUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you eat every two or three hours you will stay in a positive nitrogen balance.
    Moderator at rossboxing.com

protein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that's what I do now - I have no choice since I have hypoglycemia. I would eat a normal meal(e.g.. two slices of multi-grain bread + turkey burger patty + one slice cheese = 40g protein) and get hungry too aften too soon(usually 1 hour after I ate).

However, I am thinking I get that hungry feeling so quick because it's just the symptom of hypoglycemia causing me to "feel" hungry, and not that the body is starved of nutrients and proteins yet. In order to verify that I'm trying to figure out how long does it take to digest food and transport the protein/nutrients to the muscle cells.

rmatic1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    whats hypoglycemia, lol, i think i have the same thing, im ALWAYS hungry, after everything i eat, but i dont think its a mental thing, cause when i was bulking i would get full that i had to force feed myself, but now on my maintarnce diet i think eitehr somethings wrong w/ith me, or im not eating enough cuase im starving after i eat anything,.

Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's absolutely dependent on the type of protein.

Whey protein, for example, is processed within 3 hours more or less. Casein, on the other hand, is digested much more slowly -- and stays active for something closer to 7 hours.

Also, digestion rates depend on gastic emptying rates, which depend on things like fiber consumption, carb consumption, fat consumption, etc.

In other words; it depends.

As to meal frequency; well...eating every 2-3 hours is not going to keep you in a positive nitrogen balance while dieting -- that's absurd. If it were true, you could gain muscle while cutting at any bodyfat, which is patently false. At the same time, one could eat only every 5 hours, for example, if consuming the right kinds of protein (i.e. not whey) while bulking, and stay in a positive nitrogen balance for most of the day, if enough calories are being taken in. It's a much more complicated issue than merely a 2-3 hour rule.

iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would have thought that whey would be digested much faster.........
    Singaporean here

"If its brown,drink it down. If its black, send it back." Homer Simpson
    System Of A Down ROCKS

Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by iamtheking
    i would have thought that whey would be digested much faster.........
    Protein synthesis peaks 20-30 minutes after digestion; it really leaves the system after 3 hours, is more what I meant; I should have made that clear.

iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamtheking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Zachary
    Protein synthesis peaks 20-30 minutes after digestion; it really leaves the system after 3 hours, is more what I meant; I should have made that clear.
    thats fine. thanks
    Singaporean here

"If its brown,drink it down. If its black, send it back." Homer Simpson
    System Of A Down ROCKS

Blakengd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by protein View Post
    that's what I do now - I have no choice since I have hypoglycemia. I would eat a normal meal(e.g.. two slices of multi-grain bread + turkey burger patty + one slice cheese = 40g protein) and get hungry too aften too soon(usually 1 hour after I ate).

However, I am thinking I get that hungry feeling so quick because it's just the symptom of hypoglycemia causing me to "feel" hungry, and not that the body is starved of nutrients and proteins yet. In order to verify that I'm trying to figure out how long does it take to digest food and transport the protein/nutrients to the muscle cells.
    I'm sorry but you are an ignoramus. Hypoglycemia has to do with a low level of blood sugar. This means that you aren't eating enough carbohydrates (preferably from fruit) to create an adequate amount of blood glycogen!!!!! Wow!!! Also in your meals your listing like almost all protein! Get over it. Protein will never produce blood sugar!!!

Cravings and hunger are also linked to calorie restriction or a lack of blood sugar which comes from carbs. I mean seriously man your worried about when to eat protein when in actuality you should be worried about your carb intake and from what source. Try drinking a half a liter of water when you get up and then eat 8-10 bananas for breakfast.

Jesus, figure it out.

30bananasaday.com

hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Blakengd View Post
    I'm sorry but you are an ignoramus. Hypoglycemia has to do with a low level of blood sugar. This means that you aren't eating enough carbohydrates (preferably from fruit) to create an adequate amount of blood glycogen!!!!! Wow!!! Also in your meals your listing like almost all protein! Get over it. Protein will never produce blood sugar!!!

Cravings and hunger are also linked to calorie restriction or a lack of blood sugar which comes from carbs. I mean seriously man your worried about when to eat protein when in actuality you should be worried about your carb intake and from what source. Try drinking a half a liter of water when you get up and then eat 8-10 bananas for breakfast.

Jesus, figure it out.

30bananasaday.com
    not sure if your kidding about the bananas or if you to are an idiot. Too much simple sugars for a hypoglycemic would be really stupid. Eat low index carbs like oats, brown rice, not too many fruits and white breads etc. Reserve fruits for when you get shaky, your blood sugar is low. And yes protein, fat, and fiber will help regulate blood sugar and insulin levels.Your hunger may be because of increased hunger hormones and a lot of times its because our body is used to eating at certain times.

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hilldomain View Post
    not sure if your kidding about the bananas or if you to are an idiot. Too much simple sugars for a hypoglycemic would be really stupid. Eat low index carbs like oats, brown rice, not too many fruits and white breads etc. Reserve fruits for when you get shaky, your blood sugar is low. And yes protein, fat, and fiber will help regulate blood sugar and insulin levels.Your hunger may be because of increased hunger hormones and a lot of times its because our body is used to eating at certain times.

You just replied to a 14 month old troll post, who was replying to a post that was 9 years old.

Bumpception.
    Delirious Mutant.