NorCalTrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NorCalTrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Shoulders - Lateral Raises

What is the best arm position to use during Lateral Raises? I've seen elbows out, straight arms, one arm at a time... etc.

Any help?

NorCalTrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NorCalTrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Current workout:

Military Press 3 sets
    Laterals 3 sets
    Upright Rows 3 sets
    Rear Delts 2 sets

Any suggestions on changing, I know many people argue against Upright Rows

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: Shoulders - Lateral Raises

Originally posted by NorCalTrain
    What is the best arm position to use during Lateral Raises? I've seen elbows out, straight arms, one arm at a time... etc.

Any help?
    I keep mine as straight as possible , sometimes one arm at a time or alternating arms .......
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Current workout:

Military Press 3 sets
    Laterals 3 sets
    Upright Rows 3 sets
    Rear Delts 2 sets

Any suggestions on changing, I know many people argue against Upright Rows

I would simply cut out the uprights and do the military press every other week , 3 sets plus all chest work may be too much
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

I was planning to alternate dumbbell presses and military presses each week.

I was planning to alternate dumbbell presses and military presses each week.
    It `s cool if your front delt can hand,le all that but in my experience the more direct front delt work the less you are going to bench unless you have above normal recuperative ability .....
    5'11 @ 220lbs.

I'll definately give it a try with and without the Military press... so you would just do Laterals Raises & Rear Delts?

I'll definately give it a try with and without the Military press... so you would just do Laterals Raises & Rear Delts?

I rarely train rear delts as well , i focus on extremely heavy lateral raises and let my back and chest workouts hit my rear and front delt heads , you can do direct work for those but keep it to 1-2 sets weekly ........and about 3 sets of lateral raises .
    Attached Images
    5'11 @ 220lbs.

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by A-rod
    I rarely train rear delts as well , i focus on extremely heavy lateral raises and let my back and chest workouts hit my rear and front delt heads , you can do direct work for those but keep it to 1-2 sets weekly ........and about 3 sets of lateral raises .
    thats why i only train my shoulders directly every other week....they get alot of work with chest and back

jestros will become famous soon enough. (+50) jestros will become famous soon enough. (+50) jestros will become famous soon enough. (+50) jestros will become famous soon enough. (+50) jestros will become famous soon enough. (+50) jestros will become famous soon enough. (+50) jestros will become famous soon enough. (+50) jestros will become famous soon enough. (+50) jestros will become famous soon enough. (+50) jestros will become famous soon enough. (+50) jestros will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Military press is the best shoulder exercise and 3 sets a week is not too much. Make your shoulder day 3/4 days apart from chest day. I only do military and lateral, back day takes care of rear delts.

Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Shoulders - Lateral Raises

Any help?
    Well I keep a 10 degree bend in my elbows.

That was my next question...

How far down should you bring the barbell during Military Press. Should you bring it right down next to your chest or not pass 90 degree with the elbows?

That was my next question...

How far down should you bring the barbell during Military Press. Should you bring it right down next to your chest or not pass 90 degree with the elbows?
    I always go all the way down , when you pass the 90 degree angle your tris and serratus are doing most of the work , explode from the borttom for better delt recruitment
    5'11 @ 220lbs.

great.... thanks for the tip, I'll give all this a try

peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hand position in laterals affects target muscles

palms flat involves primarilly lateral delts
    empty can position during laterals targets rotator cuff and lateral delts.
    Henry Rollins
    It took me years to fully appreciate the value of the lessons I have learned from the Iron... I learned that nothing good comes without work and a certain amount of pain. When I finish a set that leaves me shaking, I know more about myself. When something gets bad, I know it can't be as bad as that workout.

Sensei Creese:Cobra KAi founder
    Mercy is for the weak, we do not train to be merciful here, a man faces you, he is the enemy, the enemy deserves no mercy...