Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000)

why do people care so much about BF% if they dont compete??

seriously just getting like a 34 inch waist give or take depending on how thick you naturally are whats wrong with that????to me i just think of it in stages sort of.

abs= very good shape

34ish inch waist = pretty good shape

37ish-38ish = overweight

40+ = obese

M I RITE???

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think most people just want to look good, whatever BF that is. I guess some people are competitive in that they want to compare themselves with someone else and want a 'number' to confirm that they are 'ripped' or whatever.

It also tels you how much fat you could potentially lose. For instance if I was to find out that I'm actually 15% BF, rather than the 9% I think I am, I know I could diet a lot more and get rid of another 10lb of fat if I wanted to.

Man, I'd look pretty darn ripped - maybe not actually so good - with 10lb less fat than I have now!

tomj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it is a measurement that you can track in the medium term to make sure you're heading in the right direction.

i have ordered some calipers so that i can track my BF% change instead of just relying on the scale
    'transformation of the month' is not impossible

iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Wowstrongcut View Post
    seriously just getting like a 34 inch waist give or take depending on how thick you naturally are whats wrong with that????to me i just think of it in stages sort of.

abs= very good shape

37ish-38ish = overweight

40+ = obese

M I RITE???
    stupid question
    Dead as dead can be......my doctor tells me

jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jay. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Wowstrongcut View Post

abs= very good shape

37ish-38ish = overweight

40+ = obese

M I RITE???
    i think you just said it. waist size is really dependent on the person. if they're naturally big, they're not going to have the same waist size as someone naturally petite. however, 9% bodyfat is 9% bodyfat no matter who you measure.

besides, you can have a small waist without any definition whatsoever. that's another point where body fat comes into play.

LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10) LazarusLong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can't arbitrarily assign a number to waist size. A 34" waist on someone 5'7", 145 lbb look much different that someone who's 6'2" 230....

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tomj View Post
    it is a measurement that you can track in the medium term to make sure you're heading in the right direction.
    I agree...it's another tool to use in fat loss. Also, it helps me to set goals. I may not want to compete, but I want to look pretty good, and getting to a certain BF% is on my goals list.

Originally Posted by iountcare View Post
    stupid question
    LOL! Instead of posting "odd" questions, I would be concentrating on my diet & exercise plans, rather than trying to figure out why someone thinks this or that.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

Strong-Ass Jaw Crew user34566548717114's Avatar
    user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Because I'd rather look good on the beach then on a stage

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tomj View Post

i have ordered some calipers so that i can track my BF% change instead of just relying on the scale
    Exactly, as the scale can lie if you are losing fat, but adding muscle. Without a means to track bf%, you can get discouraged just looking at the scale.

Although, pants getting looser is always a good sign you are doing something right
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

MindBodySoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just like horsepower is to cars. Some work on their cars trying to get more power and have a certian horsepower goal in mind, and other's don't care. You simply aren't in shape if you're 30% bodyfat...the figure plays a roll in your overall look that's why people are concerned.
    Here to learn, and to help where I can.

kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MindBodySoul View Post
    Just like horsepower is to cars. Some work on their cars trying to get more power and have a certian horsepower goal in mind, and other's don't care. You simply aren't in shape if you're 30% bodyfat...the figure plays a roll in your overall look that's why people are concerned.
    Yep it's like a hobby that actually pays off in terms of personal satisfaction, looks, energy, and health. With other hobbys they can be satisfying but most aren't going to prolong your life or get you anywhere meaningful.

GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GiftedLiftin39 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    body fatpercentage is also another bragging right, like in high school, bench is a big braggin tool

"DOOD! I CAN DO 350!"
    "dang cuh! i can only do 225"
    "DOOD YOU SUCK!"

but its like

"DOOD! IM AT 8% BF!!"
    "bump you! im at 4%"
    "DANG CUH! YOU RIZZIPPED!"
    "i kno."

lol

Scuvy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scuvy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scuvy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scuvy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scuvy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scuvy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scuvy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scuvy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scuvy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scuvy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scuvy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looking good chicks come after you instead of some person with some fat

T_O_F_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T_O_F_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T_O_F_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T_O_F_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T_O_F_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T_O_F_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T_O_F_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T_O_F_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T_O_F_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T_O_F_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T_O_F_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    for the chicks