Thread: Small Chest

chefysdsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Small Chest

I have been working out for 5 years, and I still have a puny chest. I have started getting a little size by doing 3 intense sets of flyes first, but I am still not as big as I want to be. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Chest

dumb bell bench, You half to squeese the muscles all the way, very little cheating or you wont build muscle.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What's your chest workout like?
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Small Chest

Originally posted by chefysdsu
    I have been working out for 5 years, and I still have a puny chest. I have started getting a little size by doing 3 intense sets of flyes first, but I am still not as big as I want to be. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    It may be a question of form on your chest exercises, alot of people use too much shoulder/tricep when benching, etc.. Make sure when you bench that your chest is puffed up proud and your shoulders stay down, don't let them come up when you press. There are loads of little tweaks to maximise chest involvement on exercises, have a look for discussions on bench pressing and weighted dips in the exercise forum.

This is a typical chest workout for me...

Bench press x 4 (10/8/6/4)
    Incline press x 3 (10/8/6)
    Weighted dips x 3 (10/8/6)

...that is probably the sort of routine that will help you get your chest improving. Really focus on getting the form good, even if it means lessening the weight a bit to begin with...in the long run your pecs will really benefit.
    http://www.hardcorebodybuilding.net/hb-db/phpBB2/index.php - only place I post now!

www.fortifiediron.com
    www.homefitness101.com

The original good guys....

bignbuff/sychokid/psupower/coneytt/LostProphet

BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by scott_donald
    read this....

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/chesttraining.htm
    Great article mate...impressive.
    http://www.hardcorebodybuilding.net/hb-db/phpBB2/index.php - only place I post now!

www.fortifiediron.com
    www.homefitness101.com

The original good guys....

bignbuff/sychokid/psupower/coneytt/LostProphet

chefysdsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is my current chest workout:

Cable Flyes x 3 (10/10/10 failure)
    Incline DB x 3 (8/6/6)
    Flat Bench x 3 (8/6/6)

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by BRIT_BEEF
    Great article mate...impressive.
    thanks just got asked by another site if they could show it too...

Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re

First i would`nt do the fly`s at all, but if you just have to do them, do them last, if you are doing 3 sets to failure you are wasting strengh you need to be using for your bench press.
    Last edited by Darracq; 12-16-2003 at 04:29 PM.

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    flyes are useless and a waste of time.....push your bench hard and you will see results.....my chest is probably the best part of my body......big and firm, and all i ever do is.....

DB bench 3x8
    DB incline 3x8
    dips 3x10

push these 3 exersises to the max once a week and you WILL see results....i call dips the "squats" for the upper body.....they are important and very neccessary
    Last edited by Mikey1; 12-16-2003 at 02:44 PM.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Small Chest

Originally posted by chefysdsu
    I have been working out for 5 years, and I still have a puny chest.
    How much weight have you gained over that time?
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam